iTunes help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iTunes help needed

Hoping OTF's technical wizards can help with this one.

I've got a few iTunes playlists of maybe 50-odd songs each. On iTunes itself on my Macbook, the songs play absolutely fine. However, when I listen to them on my iPod, quite a lot of them skip on to the next song well before the end, which is obviously intensely irritating.

i've noticed that when I open iTunes on the computer, a little things appears at the top of the iTunes display -- "Determining gapless playback information". The small scrollbar works its way through all the songs on these playlists, then finishes.

I've tried seeing if I can turn off the gapless playback thing entirely, but this is iTunes 10 or 11 and the option doesn't exist any more, Apple having axed it in their infinite wisdom.

The iPod is seven years old but was recently given a full repair, and seems to play everything else perfectly.

Any ideas?

iTunes help needed

I had something similar happen to a few specific albums quite a while back, but the problem occurred within iTunes as well as on the iPod, so it's probably not the same root cause. I assume you've tried deleting the songs off the iPod and reloading them on to it from iTunes?

Failing that, try converting the affected files to AAC, which seems to have fixed similar issues for other people

Comment

iTunes help needed

Yes, I did try deleting the whole lot and then importing them back onto the iPod, but it didn't work.

I'll give the AAC thing a shot when I get home.

Comment

iTunes help needed

The AAC solution appears to have worked. Many thanks GY.

Comment

iTunes help needed

He's a GeniusTM.

Comment

iTunes help needed

In pointless iTunes news, I finally redid my iPod this week. I had it synced to my old work computer. Since getting whacked 2 1/2 years ago, I've not updated it. I finally did the hard work of authorizing a new computer, changing all my email, logins, whatsits, and then renovating my whole music library.

Am now enjoying a much slimmed-down selection of music that I actually play, instead of 3000+ songs, most of which I can't be arsed about.

Comment

iTunes help needed

Here's an illustrative little tale of itunery-pokery, 'illegal downloading' and the rest.

When I lived in Spain (c10 year ago) I got a laptop and did happy caring and sharing, mainly of things I'd already bought on vinyl, cassette, or both.

This was made possible cos I was hanging about with a load of early-20-somethings, at work and at play.

Moved back, laptop developed problems and all the shared stuff was lost.

Never mind, I began to upload all my cds, vinyl and cassettes, using various devices that I bought, and bought Ms Felicity the hugest ipod you could get at the time to contain it all.

A couple of years down the line and the iTunes software update wipes it all and we are in limbo. I ring apple's helpline and they tell me 'iTunes is a free-to-download software, we can't help you'.
              I point out that I had no reason to ring them other than that my 150GB 'record collection' was saved on itunes BECAUSE I'd paid them whatever price it was for the ipod classic/mega whatsit, and that they owed me, at the very least, an explanation for its sudden disappearance.

In the end they agreed to restore it all for me for a 'one-off fee' of £22. I foolishly paid. I couldn't face the fear of losing it all. I know nothing about downloading and I don't live in Spain anymore.

I genuinely feel I have paid for some of this stuff at least 3 times.

They constantly offer me software upgrades to iTunes 11, 12 etc. I refuse them, once bitten and all that. But I know I will probably lose it all again, being 50-something, computer-illiterate, and having lost the PhD student who used to sort this sort of thing for me (perks of the job...)

CUNTS

Comment

Working...
              X