'Extinct' bands from the Sixties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: John sheehan is the only original dubliner left.

note to hipsters, this is what beards look like.

Yep, Brick Lane last Saturday.

Comment

Jah Womble wrote:

Of Love, only Johnny Echols survives from the original line-up, although there are many bit-part players knocking about.
      Snoopy (Albin Pfisterer) is still alive and moaning. Technically he wasn't part of the band — in that he never got royalties. He played on the first two albums however, and many of the early early gigs. Most Loveys consider him an original member.

Comment

The Skatalites - 8 founding musicians, all dead:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Skatalites#Former_members

Founding vocalist Doreen Shaffer survives but she only performed on a minority of the recordings, as the band was largely instrumental in the studio.

The Wailers - three founding members, two were dead by 1987, one survives.

Comment

Tyrannosaurus Rex

Comment

ralf hooter wrote: And The Stooges are now The Stooge.
            I saw Iggy tonight. Holy crap. The guy is 69 years old if I am remembering correctly and still puts on one hell of a show. I haven't seen him since 1991 and was expecting to feel a little sad as if he should have hung it up a long time ago. But that was not the case at all. Great stuff. The only sad thing was all the old farts at the show itself. Barely anyone in their 20s.

Comment

Good. Seeing him in May with Josh Homme.

Comment

Working...
              X