Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hillsborough Inquest - David Conn Twitter feed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As to who you want to believe, I will leave that up to you.
    Not the murdering bastards who lied and blamed the victims for years and are still doing so, I'd say.

Comment

TonTon wrote:
      Not the murdering bastards who lied and blamed the victims for years and are still doing so, I'd say.
      I'm trying to remain balanced but it is very difficult at times. The evidence given by the Police Federation rep (the Police officers Union) was utterly astonishing. Now we know where that Sun headline came from.

Comment

Paul S wrote:
        Originally posted by TonTon
        I'm trying to remain balanced but it is very difficult at times.
        Shame that idea never occured to anyone at "The Sun"

Comment

David Duckenfield is due to give evidence next week starting Tuesday and for the rest of the week.

Comment

David Duckenfield faces the Hillsborough inquests: what the jury has heard so far

Worth reading the above to understand what evidence has been given already. He starts giving evidence tomorrow morning.

Comment

He admits to lying about fans forcing an exit gate open

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-31821211

Comment

This is fucking extraordinary and really needs to be an article in WSC. David Duckinfield has admitted at the inquest that he lied about his actions that day, that he was pressured to lie afterwards, and (to be even fair to him) that he was completely unprepared for his role that day and should not have even been in the job. He had absolutely no experience of being a match commander for a game of that size, and he admitted to almost all the mistakes he's been challenged with.

Fucking hell. I almost feel sorry for him . His bosses, of course, are probably almost all now dead.

Comment

The Echo coverage today made me feel sick. How has this got so far without anyone held responsible?

Comment

As with all disasters, it's the confluence of 6 or 7 factors, any of which could easily have not been present, but came together fatefully. You've got the choice of the Leppings Lane end for Liverpool, the shitty state of Hillsborough in general and the lack of a safety certificate, the poor signage of the non-central pens, the fact that the same clubs were drawn against each other and required Hillsborough, and the suspension of the former ground commander two weeks earlier. It's actually a mixture of tragic coincidence and avoidable neglect and incompetence. That's all forgiveable, but the calumny was to run from that truth and instead to heap blame on the victims primarily, and away from any of the many agencies who fucked up by omission or commission.

Comment

I think it went further than that. There was a huge amount of pressure exerted to ensure that the narrative the police wanted prevailed. I heard some very interesting things about the post mortems the other day.

Comment

That Hillsborough 30 for 30 documentary that you can't watch in the UK legally (due to it going over evidence being looked at by the inquest) is available on YouTube, absolutely no problem finding it if you wanted to do so.

You will want to scream at the coverup when you watch it. Nef is right, the coverup's execution was methodical and began before the bodies were cold.

Comment

The Documentary if anyone is interested.

Comment

Please be careful with any opinions expressed on the Hillsborough inquest. Any comments that can be read by a juror could be deemed to be prejudicial. This has been a standard warning made to all media covering the inquest since it began and it applies to messageboards too. Do not put up links to documentaries that are currently barred from being broadcast in the UK.

Comment

Thanks Andy, hence why my post was removed.

Comment

The testimony from today is quite something.

Comment

Andy WSC wrote: Please be careful with any opinions expressed on the Hillsborough inquest. Any comments that can be read by a juror could be deemed to be prejudicial. This has been a standard warning made to all media covering the inquest since it began and it applies to messageboards too. Do not put up links to documentaries that are currently barred from being broadcast in the UK.
                                  Indeed.

https://twitter.com/david_conn/status/576026452556177408

Comment

https://twitter.com/david_conn/status/577840596821364736

Statement in open court:

twitter.com/@David_Conn

Hillsborough: Greaney to Duckenfield: Failure to close tunnel was "Direct cause of deaths of 96 persons in Hillsborough tragedy." "Yes, sir"

Comment

Wow.

Comment

It's worth reading the whole days evidence to understand what has really gone on at the inquests today.

Liverpool Echo live feed

Comment

Duckinfield is fucked now and his admission 26 years after the fact is cowardly. I truly hope this establishment cover up now folds like a house of cards and the rest of these shithouses that are still alive finally own up. It is the main story on BBC news and our friends at Sky have yet to deem it newsworthy.

Comment

Meanwhile, someone else not deeming it newsworthy

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news

(At least, not yet?)

Only tomorrow's Sun to look forward to, then?

Comment

It's taken him nearly 26 years to finally admit that. He's also been questioned prior to this under oath, does that mean a prosecution is imminent?
                                              Nearly six days of questioning for him to admit this, and in a two word response the whole 26 year campaign of deceit and lies is gone, but will it bring justice for the 96 and their families?

Comment

There would be some justice in a perjury prosecution, but it does nothing w/r/t who encouraged, propagated and embellished the lies, nor does it get anything tangible for the families.

Comment

It would be a start

Comment

Wow.

There's really nothing to say, is there?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X