Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hillsborough Inquest - David Conn Twitter feed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(If you're not following him, then why on Earth not?)

https://twitter.com/david_conn/status/511508630680915969

#Hillsborough Inquest: Ex S Yorks police sgt Payne: Control room message was pitch invasion, & officers should push people back into "pens."

(Because I never got round to it, but I am now.)

Comment

PC Duffy says won't change view that fans caused crush outside, "even if evidence shows that opinion is complete nonsense."

Comment

David Conn:

https://twitter.com/david_conn/status/520172235332800512

Hillsborough Inquest: Insp Sykes also said Liverpool fans made "large contribution" to crush outside: "lateness" of arrival & "intoxication"

Comment

Along with the David Conn feed, the Liverpool Echo have a reporter there giving more details, as the inquest progresses. I've been following this most days from work:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/all-about/hillsborough-inquests

Comment

I've been following this for a few months now. Some of the stuff that has been coming out is really quite remarkable. For example, one fan speaking of how bad the crush was, said there was another fan just 2 metres from him on the same terrace, who was watching the game unaware that people were being killed. In other words, the crushing was very localised, something I had never realised.

Comment

Today's events on the live blog:

Hillsborough inquest October 9th

It's worth remembering that they have a new page for every day of the inquests. Also, I'm not sure this will go in the way the Hillsborough families expect. I think we'll get to the bottom of what really happened, but the verdict may well end up being the same.

Comment

Today's Liverpool Echo feed is censoring "The S*n" when it is referred to in court.

HELLO: Good morning everyone. I'm back in Warrington where we will be underway shortly. Yesterday was an intense session as Inspector Gordon Sykes gave his views on a series of issues, including that Leppings Lane was a "death trap", David Duckenfield, the match commander on April 15, 1989 was "weak" and what experiences he had that made their way to The S*n.
                Mr Mansfield asks again - did you give that information to The S*n?

Mr Sykes: "I will answer your question, no. I have not released any information to the press."

Comment

salt n shake wrote: Today's Liverpool Echo feed is censoring "The S*n" when it is referred to in court.

HELLO: Good morning everyone. I'm back in Warrington where we will be underway shortly. Yesterday was an intense session as Inspector Gordon Sykes gave his views on a series of issues, including that Leppings Lane was a "death trap", David Duckenfield, the match commander on April 15, 1989 was "weak" and what experiences he had that made their way to The S*n.
                  Mr Mansfield asks again - did you give that information to The S*n?

Mr Sykes: "I will answer your question, no. I have not released any information to the press."
                  Very similar to what Mr Conn is posting.

Meanwhile, does anyone want to hazard a guess as to what "The Star" has reported on their Twitter feed?

https://twitter.com/SheffieldStar

Comment

On Monday Trevor Hicks gave evidence about what happended and how he lost his two daughters. The evidence is as harrowing as you could imagine, including one bit where he described how he found his daughter Vicky and tried to revive her. But first he had to suck the vomit out of her mouth. it's the stuff of nightmares.

Trevor Hicks evidence

Comment

Rare surviving footage of the game from kick-off shows that even five minutes in, no-one was really aware of what the hell was going on

Comment

That's what's so terrible about the whole thing. Hindsight is wonderful and the investigation currently going on is forensic in its level of detail. But the problem was the only people who knew how bad that crush was were the ones in it.

Comment

Today the Hillsborough inquests have heard how an St John Ambulance man climbed into the pens to try and get to fans. Truely heroic stuff for which he was awarded the Britich Empire Medal.

Summary article here

But if you want to read the full account of the inquests, I suggest you Click Here. The evidence today is worth reading and brings home the horror of the disaster.

Comment

Allegations yesterday that all the senior officers involved at Hillsborough were in the Masons.

I can go with the idea that the whole thing was an accident that nobody wanted to happen. But to then try and cover it up like this is almost unbelievable. The masons deserve to be dragged into the inquiry and made to answer questions about this.

Comment

Paul S wrote: I've been following this for a few months now. Some of the stuff that has been coming out is really quite remarkable. For example, one fan speaking of how bad the crush was, said there was another fan just 2 metres from him on the same terrace, who was watching the game unaware that people were being killed. In other words, the crushing was very localised, something I had never realised.
                              One of the things that is striking when you first see where it all happened is how tiny the Leppings Lane end terrace was. I was expecting it to have happened on a giant terrace - like the Spion Kop on the other side of the ground.

Comment

Thanks for this, Paul. Dreadful reading, but very illuminating. The Liverpool Echo are doing a fantastic job on reporting the inquests.

Comment

Paul S wrote: Allegations yesterday that all the senior officers involved at Hillsborough were in the Masons.

I can go with the idea that the whole thing was an accident that nobody wanted to happen. But to then try and cover it up like this is almost unbelievable. The masons deserve to be dragged into the inquiry and made to answer questions about this.
                                  Wasn't this described by the presiding judge as "scuttlebutt" though?

Comment

Guy Potger wrote:
                                    Originally posted by Paul S
                                    Allegations yesterday that all the senior officers involved at Hillsborough were in the Masons.

Wasn't this described by the presiding judge as "scuttlebutt" though?
                                    It would only be a revelation if the senior officers were not masons. It's a possible red herring that should be avoided, in my opinion. There is enough evidence of collusion without having to bring complications into the mix.

Comment

See the feed now.

(I was going to comment. Have decided not to. Draw your own conclusions.)

Comment

Kenny Dalglish being questioned at the moment and not having a good time of it by all accounts.

Edit: Jury sent out three times for legal discussion over where the questioning is going. Court closes at 3pm for the Christmas break.

Comment

I see a couple of gongs were handed out to some of the campaigners today.

They should have told them to stick their gongs right up their sorry arses.

Comment

McKenzie is back at Murdoch's comic.

Comment

BBC latest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-31729366

Comment

Read today's evidence carefully on this link here. The meeting that the retired police officer is describing "never took place" according to other people. As to who you want to believe, I will leave that up to you.

I have been following the inquests on the Liverpool Echo website for over six months now and have realised the whole thing is a bit more complicated than I first thought. The last days hearing in 2014 had the coroner telling the jury there may be more than just cause of death to consider when they do finally retire in 2016.

Comment

Paul S wrote: Read today's evidence carefully on this link here. The meeting that the retired police officer is describing "never took place" according to other people. As to who you want to believe, I will leave that up to you.

I have been following the inquests on the Liverpool Echo website for over six months now and have realised the whole thing is a bit more complicated than I first thought. The last days hearing in 2014 had the coroner telling the jury there may be more than just cause of death to consider when they do finally retire in 2016.
                                                  I'll believe the BBC in this instance.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X