Magyar rapszódiák

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magyar rapszódiák

And off we go again. 28 years of hurt, play for the shirt, don't act the blurt etc. Three wins in 42 games, one away qualifier win against a bigger country in 20 years, last chance for the Goaldrought Generation?

NI squad to play Hungary next week includes new faces in Ben Reeves (Milton Keynes playmaker), Luke McCullough (Doncaster haymaker) Ryan McLaughlin (Liverpool U-21 movershaker) and Paul Paton (Dundee Utd, pending).

But not Jonny Evans- theories that he's been dropped/suspended*/injured/retired are all plausible?

* doesn't a straight red in a qualifier earn an automatic one match ban? If so, he's already served it.

Magyar rapszódiák

I thought this was going to be about Ale Del Piero playing for Honved (which seems like it may happen, with him then joining MLS).

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

Zsa Zsa Gabba Gabba Hey! Didn't see that one coming. Mikey er, in...

Right, I'm off for a lie down and some cans
      Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 16-10-2017, 12:17.

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

What happened ? What happened?
        I've no Sky and the match wasn't on BBC.

Did we scrape a draw ?

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

Hahaha.
          Love the Bauhaus Bella Lugosi reference.

Stormin' Norman has just filled me in with the result.

Unbelievable.

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

Gave 'em a goal start with 15 left, then McGinniesta came on, scored and had time to set up the winner for Big Laugherty.

I'm at work but Army Group Duna are busy texting in details

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

And to think we all thought the Hungarians had finally hit rock bottom when Malta beat them 2-1 in the Euro 2008 qualifiers . . .

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

Shut it, mexico.
                Take yourself off to the chipper or the jacks or whatever.

Laugherty will be managing your lot in ten years time.

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

Norn Iron's manager by then will probably be someone like Jackie Fullerton, or that camp fellow on UTV with the red hair.

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

Great start for your lot Duncan. Hope they continue like this.

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

Norn Iron's manager by then will probably be someone like Jackie Fullerton, or that camp fellow on UTV with the red hair.
                      Haha.
                      Big Julian.

He's class. I saw him driving a tiny car in London before. His head looked even more massive than normal.

I'd prefer him over Fullofshit to manage our lot anyday.

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

I think Julian's too preoccupied with the smoked salmon pate in the M&S food hall in Donegall Square to be worried about Windsor Avenue.

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

What's Kelsey Grammer doing lurking behind Cicciolina in that picture?

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

Thanks for yer faith PPV. I'd be happy with a 1-0 home win from the Faeroes, the winner bouncing in off Sleeping Brunty's backside in injury time.

BTW, next time you're in Stockholm look out for Linfield's banners, stolen by Solna's pre-teen wannabe hooligan firm before their Europa game. Hello also to the much-better behaved BP fans.

I thought Julian Simmons had retired years ago, when Coronation Street killed off Alma Sedgwick. He impersonated her during the ad breaks.

Isn't the pic was a younger Berlusconi waiting to make Cicca Culture Minister after she got her kit off?

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

The Faroes might give North Korea some trouble. They were well in the game against Finland on Sunday until about ten minutes from the end.

Julian Simmons is aged 62. That's frightening.

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

North Korea are in another confederation bro

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

Morning Ambient. Wish I could say the same about Gib's visit to your gaff, but can see their butcher-baker-candlestickmaker defence tiring badly in the last half an hour. Is that big bruiser from Stoke (Higginbotham?) still playing for them?

I thought Useless TV's camp follower was about 75.

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

Nesta may find this Glossary useful.

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

Duncan Gardner wrote: Morning Ambient. Wish I could say the same about Gib's visit to your gaff, but can see their butcher-baker-candlestickmaker defence tiring badly in the last half an hour. Is that big bruiser from Stoke (Higginbotham?) still playing for them?

I thought Useless TV's camp follower was about 75.
                                      Higginbotham retired earlier this year and is now a media pundit. Maybe they can get Dermot Desmond to tog out for them, he spends most of his time there for tax reasons.

I see Robert Lewandowski boosted his international goal tally by almost 20 per cent against Gibraltar the other night. Robbie Keane, who by now is almost as old as Julian, must be licking his lips with almost sexual relish.

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

Bellylaugh (notional newspaper of NornIron) claims to have interviewed Greece supremo 'Tinker' Ranieri. Seems he played down the poss of Big Laugh taking us into the top two.

I've just realised Calvert was only half joking about the strike spearhead taking over as Mexico manager someday. After all they've recently had another Rangers fan (Kerr) and Pinger Staunton, a culchie so inarticulate he makes Lafferty sound like Wilde or Beckett...

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

Servus.

Fall out from the surprise results in the first round of Group F qualifying: the Magyar hordes have overthrown embattled supremo Attila the Pinter while approaching the very gates of Vienna (or rather Bucharest where they visit next month). Clearly softened by the decadent ways of Pannonian civilisation, his boys were no match for the wild heathens of the Eszaki.

Still a tad harsh, his predecessor let in eight in the Netherlands before being fired.

Meanwhile, Jonny Evans has tweaked summat else getting off the treatment table and is out for a month.

General O'Neileonidas will be supported by ca. 550 'Spartans' for our game in Athens...

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

Duncan Gardner wrote: Still a tad harsh, his predecessor let in eight in the Netherlands before being fired.
                                            Well, to be fair, a 1-2 home loss to Northern Ireland is a worse result than an 8-0 away drubbing to the Netherlands.

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

Smallcaps wrote:
                                              Well, to be fair, a 1-2 home loss to Northern Ireland is a worse result than an 8-0 away drubbing to the Netherlands
                                              Not really. One's embarrassing (albeit with the slight mitigation that they were a man down at our late winner, four players having gone off injured), the other a complete humiliation.

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

The Dutch regularly hockey teams by large margins at home, but not too many outfits lose at home to the North.

I dimly remember Attila Pintér scoring twice to rescue an unlikely draw for Hungary against Spain in the Italia 90 qualifiers, an heroic intervention that delayed our qualification for the tournament by about a month.

Comment

Magyar rapszódiák

Selected Ambient Works 85-92 wrote: The Dutch regularly hockey teams by large margins at home
                                                  In the last 10 years, San Marino are the only other team they've scored more than four against, home or away.

but not too many outfits lose at home to the North
                                                  Slovenia the last in September 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X