Touched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touched

Played my prized "Touched" collection in it's entirety the other day. First time in a long time. I have the track listing but it doesn't say who chose what. I'd be interested to know so if there any more old timers still around who have a track or two on there...

Also, would you change your choice or add.

Touched

How may people among those who contributed are still on here — 10... 15? I thought online names were listed. I'll have to look out my copy to see if I can figure it out.

My choice, IIRC, was Cannibal and the Headhunters version of Land of 1,000 Dances. I'd change it. But whatever I changed it to I'd change again tomorrow.

Comment

Touched

My choice didn't make it, late entry. It would have been The Ambassadors "Gotta Find Happiness". I later got a copy of this wondrous song on a northern soul compilation sent to me by a fellow contributor.

Comment

Touched

The contributors — and tracks they chose — are on the case. There are sixteen of the forty-nine that I recognise, either under the same name or a different one, as still regular or occasional posters. There probably a few more who I don't connect with their old handle.

Comment

Touched

I chose Sammy Davis Jr' "I Gotta Be Me", with the Ink Spots' "Into Each Life Some Rain Must Fall" as the "b-side". There was some great stuff on there.

Comment

Touched

I say, what are you old timers talking about?

Comment

Touched

I'm still here, occasionally.

I wouldn't change either of mine. I love both of my choices and they will always be hugely important and relevant to me. I don't go 'off' music I used to like and I still love everything I loved when I was a teenager.

Eddie and the Hot Rods - Do Anything you Wanna Do
              Horse - Breathe Me

I'd have added Drift Away by Dobie Gray if I could have chosen three.

Comment

Touched

WOM wrote: I say, what are you old timers talking about?
                It was a compilation CD OTF put together (mainly FF and West End Zuma.) Everyone submitted tracks and then received a copy of the disc.

I'd forgotten about the b-sides. Contributors aren't listed but I think mine was Wilson Pickett's version of Land of a 1000, Dances, just for variety like.

Comment

Touched

Great to see you here, Twilight Johnny Atom!

Comment

Touched

Thanks G-Man. I've always been here, on the sidelines pretty much as I have been for 15 years or whatever it's been - which is prety scary in itself. OTF around the time of the compilation of Touched was a real high point of the board for me. It was both fun and challenging and I learned a lot too.

Anyway, how about a track listing of Touched? I'll see if I can find my copy if nobody else can but I also haven't played it in a long time. It's a great compilation and I'd love to see a link to the original thread. Does it still exist anywhere?

Comment

Touched

It's not too clear. I can try to enhance it if necessary.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e7pb1hdz2yxg3uy/Touched.jpg

This might be better

Comment

Touched

I don't remember this happening. May have been before my time. What were the criteria for a track to be included? Just general I-think-this-is-a-great-song-ness?

Comment

Touched

Ther original idea was that you'd choose a song that describes you or your attitude to life. It actually started as a standard thread until the idea germinated that this would be a good idea for a mix.

Femme Folle, then unaccountably called idiotbird, collated the songs -- which by then was a mix of nominations on the original theme and just personal favourites -- using whatever post-Napster P2P programme was in vogue then.

I don't remember who did the cover art. I think Twilight Johnny Atom did the printing of the covers (please corect me if I'm wrong).

That must have been around 2002, I think.

Of the songs I hadn't known then, "Snow Don't Fall" by Townes van Zandt and Matt Monro's "We're Gonna Change The World" (a "b-side" track) have become particular favourites.

Comment

Touched

West End Zuma (then Surfin' USA) handled the cover art, with help from people at the record company were he worked.

Comment

Touched

West End Zuma is Surfin' USA? I had no idea.

Comment

Touched

Yeah. He's back in the UK. Hasn't been around here lately though.

Comment

Touched

Thanks everyone. Found my original disc and case (I burned them onto CDs so I could play them in the car). Good to hear from you again Twilight Johnny Atom. Good to know that you are well.

It really is a fabulous collection. How is FF these days?

Comment

Touched

Have not seen a post from FF in ages. I'm not on Facebook or the like, any idea how she's doing?

Comment

Touched

She's good. The poodle seems to occupy her plenty.

Comment

Touched

I'm always intrigued when a track from Touched appears on my mp3 player, 'cos I then try to work out who chose it. (I could just look at the box, but I don't carry it around with me...)

Comment

Touched

Firstly, hello again Twilight Johnny Atom - good to see you back on here! I'm on four wheels now, so, you know... be careful out there! ;-)

Secondly, I do remember this happening - I may even have contributed. I just can't remember receiving a copy of this compilation ...although I may have done - I'll need to run off and check in a while. (I don't seem to have ripped it to my collection, if I did, which is unusually remiss of me.)

What was the tracklisting? Can anyone say?

Comment

Touched

See my links on the previous page.

Comment

Working...
                                            X