Spanish football 2014-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spanish football 2014-15

So Gabi looks like he could be in a fuckmountain of trouble. Naughty naughty real zaragoza.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

Better report here.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

those are two cracking goals if the match is fixed.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

Barcelona revealed to have spent €300,000 on flying Neymar's family and homeboys over to the Camp Nou on a private jet for his unveiling

Neymar went on to score nine goals in La Liga last season.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

This is all coming out of the Rosell case, and there's more in terms of "consulting" and "scouting" contracts for Neymar Sr.

It's Mes Que un Mess.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

but not mes que un messi.......

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

Ah, I see you got one of those embargoed photos of the ref they've assigned to El Clasico.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

teehee.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

Funny, last season I wanted Atletico to win every game. This season, I enjoyed Sociadad's win.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

Guillem Ballague is reporting that David Moyes is now the manager of Real Sociedad.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

I must say that picture of Fozzie bear just makes me feel happy.

Good luck to Moyes. He'll need it.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

I know what you mean.

I'm never as uncomplicatedly joyous as Fozzie.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

A 43 year old Deportivo supporter is "clinically dead" after being injured (and then suffering a heart attack) in what sounds like a pre-arranged clash (reportedly via WhatsApp) with Atletico ultras earlier today in Madrid.

The match between the two teams is going on now.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

little Suarlan has been given the job of leading the Barcelona attack in the absence of Batman and Robin, and David Moyes is ramming it right up his hoop, like Corporal Jones and his cold hard steel. It's 1-0 to sociedad at half time, and pretty much the highlight of his whole afternoon was diving over a tackle and then winning a freekick by falsely claiming that the defender handled the ball.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

there are few things on this earth watching suarlan struggle to play football for a proper, big team, with ideas about football more sophisticated than "lash it up to the shitehawk up front, as hard and as quickly as possible."

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

Proper banter there, guvna.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

Barcelona had an open training session at the Mini Estadi this morning, which was generally seen as a publicity move by the Board following recent travails (it was arranged well before yesterday's loss).

In any event, Messi was absent due to a stomach bug, which has sent the usual suspects into a new paroxysm of "he's off" / "it's him or Lucho" handwringing.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

I watched Sociedad-Barca. It was an object lesson in how to stifle a more talented, infinitely more heavily resourced team. The Sociedad keeper (who didn't look very convincing overall) only had about two semi-difficult saves to make in the whole game. It must be a candidate for the best result of Moyes' managerial career.

I have never seen a substitute enter the field of play as lackadaisically and apathetically as Neymar did last night. He trudged onto the pitch like a pallbearer at a funeral. His performance was shit as well.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

do you really think it's coincidence though?

[edit - to ursus]

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

neymar was standing there trying to get this flunky next to him to look after his necklace for him.

his christmas holiday itinerary was totally ridiculous. the guy really needs to stop grabbing money long enough to take a break at some point. we'll see how well he's playing when the CL quarter-finals come around.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

If he simply refrains from using the CL quarter-final as a public opportunity to flog his underwear line, then he will have improved markedly on last season.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

My housemate got FIFA 15 for Christmas. I picked it up and played it the other day, scoring with my first shot, through Juan Mata, in the fourth minute of a match against Leeds. I turned it off having pretty much completed it. There's no need to touch it again after that.

But the point I was going to make is that when the game is loading there's a picture of a smug looking Messi in a Barcelona shirt absolutely plastered in sponsors. It's some way short of an F1 top, but also miles away from the untainted jersey it's supposed to be. The craven, money-chasing bastards.

Principles for sale. One previous owner.

(Anyway, the Mata strike was from the edge of the box after neat play on the wing from Rafael and a great touch back from Van Persie. Mata looked up from his laptop, where he was tapping out a blog post comparing the lush, drizzle-drenched greenery of the North Cheshire countryside to his own visions of Utopia, and placed a shot past the diving 'keeper - dunno who, was John Lukic last I checked - and into the corner. Vintage Mata. Vintage United)

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

So Solidarnosc Crew wrote: My housemate got FIFA 15 for Christmas. I picked it up and played it the other day, scoring with my first shot, through Juan Mata, in the fourth minute of a match against Leeds. I turned it off having pretty much completed it. There's no need to touch it again after that.

But the point I was going to make is that when the game is loading there's a picture of a smug looking Messi in a Barcelona shirt absolutely plastered in sponsors. It's some way short of an F1 top, but also miles away from the untainted jersey it's supposed to be. The craven, money-chasing bastards.

Principles for sale. One previous owner.

(Anyway, the Mata strike was from the edge of the box after neat play on the wing from Rafael and a great touch back from Van Persie. Mata looked up from his laptop, where he was tapping out a blog post comparing the lush, drizzle-drenched greenery of the North Cheshire countryside to his own visions of Utopia, and placed a shot past the diving 'keeper - dunno who, was John Lukic last I checked - and into the corner. Vintage Mata. Vintage United)
                                                It's going to take a lot of work and inspiration for someone to come up with a better post this year.

I didn't get to see the second half, did messi make an effort after being brought on as a sub, or did he provide his typical response to being rested, i.e. go on a work to rule, and basically stand around breastfeeding his shovel smoking rollies, and then not turn up for work for a week?

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

garcia, no, I don't think it was completely coincidence.

Nor do I think that he's off to PSG / Man City / Chelsea in this window (all reported "rumours" today so far).

Berba, he made an effort, but the entire attack seemed hopelessly out of sync with each other. It was as if they had never played together before.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

The Board just sacked Zubizaretta, who they have been trying to paint as the bad guy in the transfer ban saga (notwithstanding ample evidence that higher ups were aware of all salient details of that debacle).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X