• Show
Clear All

Spanish football 2014-15

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Football_clubs_in_the_Basque_Country

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

Roderick Spodes black shorts wrote:
      Originally posted by ingoldale
      I have got a job as an English assistant somewhere in the Basque Country from September. I'll be looking to invest in a season ticket, aside from the obvious in Real Sociedad and Athletic Bilbao, does anybody on here have an good knowledge of what my options are across the Spanish pyramid?
      It would help to know where you're going to live in the first place.
      I got placed in Zalla. So, Zalla Union Club it is!

Quite looking forward to this.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

Snappy badge

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

ursus arctos wrote: Snappy badge

Haha! Already sent off an email about a season ticket. Does anybody know what the difference between a 'socio' and and season tickets are? Or is it the same?

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

Looking forward to the next Howl now...

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

A socio is a member of the club. At most (but not all) clubs being a member will give you a season ticket, as well as some other privileges (youth team tickets, tickets to other sports if they have them, maybe use of a gym, etc.)

At a club at that level, I would be very surprised if they didn't include a season ticket with your membership. That generally only happens at "big" clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Looking at the club website, I'm pretty sure that being a socio gets you a ticket for all matches plus the youth matches. And maybe friendlies (they are hosting Eibar on 4 September).

Not bad for 100 euro (96 with direct debit).

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

Regular visitors to this thread will be highly amused to hear that one of the underdog candidates for the Barcelona presidency has made bringing Sergio Ramos (yes, that one) to the club a centrepiece of his campaign.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

ursus arctos wrote: A socio is a member of the club. At most (but not all) clubs being a member will give you a season ticket, as well as some other privileges (youth team tickets, tickets to other sports if they have them, maybe use of a gym, etc.)

At a club at that level, I would be very surprised if they didn't include a season ticket with your membership. That generally only happens at "big" clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Looking at the club website, I'm pretty sure that being a socio gets you a ticket for all matches plus the youth matches. And maybe friendlies (they are hosting Eibar on 4 September).

Not bad for 100 euro (96 with direct debit).
                  Thanks Ursos, looking at their website I think the Eibar friendly was this season just gone.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

One last twist in the tail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4pTV_CsBUY

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

Betis, Sporting Gijon and Las Palmas, the three promoted sides, are all well supported clubs with considerable history.

Their presence will improve La Liga.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

Some great action in Tony C's link.

I always preferred Tenerife, but they look like a decent team and deserved it from those highlights.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

ursus arctos wrote: Betis, Sporting Gijon and Las Palmas, the three promoted sides, are all well supported clubs with considerable history.
                          So, of course, are Real Zargoza. I have to admit I wanted them to go up - I like what I have seen and heard of their coach Ranko Popovic, too.

Comment

Spanish football 2014-15

Very true.

I also would have preferred Zaragoza, but my sense is that they may well come up next time around.

Comment

Working...
                            X