X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kings of the Mullet

A strange one, but... Shriekback

Kings of the Mullet

Surely it was Pat Sharp in his Pat & Mick days.

Comment

Kings of the Mullet

Duran Duran's John Taylor always got/gets an easy ride when it comes to mullet ridicule.

He was by no means in line for the throne, but he never received the discredit his mullet deserved.

These good-looking lads get away with murder sometimes, they really do. Mind you, he's still looking good now, the good-looking sod.

Comment

Kings of the Mullet

Adam Ant never had a mullet because he was King of the Wild Front-hair.

It was too warm for a coat this morning.

Comment

Kings of the Mullet

Paul King and Limahl?

Comment

Kings of the Mullet

Giggler wrote: Paul King and Limahl?
            King definitely, but the back of Limahl's hair didn't go much past the collar.

I remember Bono and Charlie Nicholas being early mullet pioneeers. Except it was then called a 'footballer haircut'.

Comment

Kings of the Mullet

Stumpy Pepys wrote: Except it was then called a 'footballer haircut'.
              I know that this thread is in Music and that I've done this before, but if I don't post a photo of former Hansa Rostock defender Mike Werner for the umpteenth time, then I fear I might die:

Fuck it, in for a penny, in for a pound. There's also the gloriously named

Comment

Kings of the Mullet

I remember Shriekback as a moderately successful 'alternative' band of the early 80s, when I was a teenager. They had some good singles that often hit the top 75 but never troubled the top 40. Memorable basslines abound.

The biggest shock about that video is that it has had 350k Youtube viewings. That's a lot!

Had I been asked to recall a Shriekback track, I would have totally forgotten about Nemesis. It did ring a few bells when I played the video there. I recall that I had picture discs of Lined Up, Hand on My Heart and Mercy Dash, but had blanked Nemesis from my mind.

Have just listened to Lined Up (plus Disco Mix), My Spine and Nemesis, and the first three were a bit disappointing, in retrospect. Nevermind, thanks for the reminder, evilC. And indeed, some fine mulletry right there.

Comment

Kings of the Mullet

They were the opener at the only concert so dull I walked out (Simple Minds, Maple Leaf Gardens). They were always 'around' in the '80s, but I can only name Nemesis and Gunning for Buddha.

Comment

Kings of the Mullet

Comment

Kings of the Mullet

[quote]Stumpy Pepys wrote:
                      Originally posted by Giggler
                      Except it was then called a 'footballer haircut'.
                      In Norway (and Sweden I think) it was called an 'ice hockey haircut'. Hockey players were generally considered worse offenders than footballers as far as haircuts were concerned.

Comment

Kings of the Mullet

Hartmut Engler, lead singer of Pur.

Comment

Kings of the Mullet

Toby Gymshorts wrote: Adam Ant never had a mullet because he was King of the Wild Front-hair.

It was too warm for a coat this morning.
                          Hee hee.

He did look a teeny bit mullety around 1983, though.

http://www.adam-ant.net/discography/Discographyimages/albums/strip/uk/inner1.jpg

Comment

Kings of the Mullet

Arf. I'm such a card.

[quote]Belhaven wrote:
                            Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys
                            Originally posted by Giggler
                            Except it was then called a 'footballer haircut'.
                            In Norway (and Sweden I think) it was called an 'ice hockey haircut'. Hockey players were generally considered worse offenders than footballers as far as haircuts were concerned.
                            Also the source of the title of this song.

Comment

Kings of the Mullet

Belhaven wrote: In Norway (and Sweden I think) it was called an 'ice hockey haircut'. Hockey players were generally considered worse offenders than footballers as far as haircuts were concerned.
                              Jaromir Jagr springs to mind. :-)

eidt: In fact, his hair seemed so big and curly that I always used to assume he was quite small. I was stunned when I found out he was about 6'2''!

Comment

Working...
                              X