Utopia 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utopia 2

Ive had a quick look and cant find any threads on this,but apologies if Ive missed it.
    The second series starts tonight.I absolutely loved the first one.Compelling viewing from start to finish.
    Very excited about this but I reckon Channel 4 are going to have to go some way to match the first series........cant wait!!

Utopia 2

It's cocking brilliant. The action, the music, the camera angles, the colours. Magnificent stuff. Best British drama for years.

Comment

Utopia 2

agree 100%.this is one of those rarities where as soon as Mondays episode finishes im already waiting for next weeks one!!
      Glad they bought Lee back aswell....proper sociopath!!
      The colours and music create a completely unique and menacing atmosphere...as you said,best British drama in years.not only lives up to series one but so far,in my opinion,excels it.

Comment

Utopia 2

I meant to watch this when the first series came out. The second series reminded me about and I caught up in about three days. I don't like having to wait a whole week for the next episode now.

Comment

Utopia 2

I quite agree with NHH about the action, music and colours; however, and this may just be because I've watched the first series in 3 days, it's fairly insubstantial isn't it? An all powerful conspiracy and a bunch of people with pretty much no agency. And a totally non-surprising twist.

Also, you shouldn't write a modern day thriller with IT in it if you are just going use an IT genius as a Deus ex Machina to get you information at key points.

It was entertaining, I kept watching, and some of the performances were good. It was certainly good enough that I started in on series two.

The 8mm camera trick isn't that clever and didn't add anything, especially when the actual shots and camera movement is completely modern. Also, a large part of that first episode just shows you things that you've already been told in the first series.

I've also read the Private Eye review since seeing that first episode and now realise that most of the public events in the first episode actually happened. And I agree with Private Eye, there really is no point to it. You're not adding verisimilitude except for a few people up on their 70s history, I imagine that most people watching don't know who these murdered men are or were so why add them to your fictional universe?

Comment

Utopia 2

tldr

First series: entertaining if light
            Series 2 E1: Not sure I can bother with the rest of the series.

Comment

Utopia 2

gutted....apparently there is not going to be a third series!

Comment

Utopia 2

Loved the first series, lost interest in the second about halfway through so I'm not too disappointed there won't be a third.

Comment

Working...
                X