Here Today, Gone Tomorrow - RIP Tommy Ramone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of the original Ramones are now dead after Tommy's death yesterday at the age of 62.

This reminds me of a thread we had a while back about famous bands in pop of which all members are now dead. As I recall, we struggled to find many, if any at all. Though I've probably just jinxed poor Duke Fakir.

The Ramones are certainly the first band of all I've ever seen live whose members are now all gone.

Comment

Yes, I think there is only Otis Williams left from the original Temptations so thats the hex put on him now.

Comment

I was randomly singing Blitzkrieg Bop just yesterday morning too. Even started doodling it on a piece of paper.

If all of those wearing Ramones T-shirts paid their respects there would be a day or two of national mourning.

Comment

And I just put Blitzkrieg Bop on Kryvbas' "Songs that make you feel proper happy" thread, minutes ago.

Comment

Very sad news. I had already been struggling to process that it was 13 years since Joey passed away in April.

The t shirts thing is odd: one with C.J. in the line up is more likely to have a genuine provenance than one with the classic roster.

Comment

I'm wearing my Ramones t-shirt, with the original line-up on.

Comment

G-Man wrote: All of the original Ramones are now dead after Tommy's death yesterday at the age of 62.
                Hey ho, he's gone!

Comment

1-2-3-4!

Comment

This reminds me of a thread we had a while back about famous bands in pop of which all members are now dead. As I recall, we struggled to find many, if any at all. Though I've probably just jinxed poor Duke Fakir.
                    The Jimi Hendrix Experience is probably the most obvious one - if we can exclude Billy Cox, who was only ever a studio member. Several bands, however, are drawing ever closer: as suggested, the original Four Tops and Temptations can only boast one extant member, while of the classic T Rex line-up, only Bill Legend is still around (although various later members are, of course, going strong).

Lynyrd Skynyrd's a complicated one: even though ten of them have now passed on, guitarist Gary Rossington and early members Bob Burns (drums) and Ed King (geetars - ex-Strawberry Alarm Clock) are still knocking around the swamps.

RIP Tommy, of course.

Comment

Working...
                    X