bertie's gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bertie's gone

The Irish Times' finances have improved a lot since the days when €17 million fell out of the arse of their pension fund and nobody could find it

Have they asked Grainne Carruth?

Comment

bertie's gone

Even I, as a blinkered Green Party supporter, am kind of bemused by their apparent stable position in recent polls (9% per recent SBP thing). Especially considering that Gormley in particular is like a walking clay beast due to the amount of mud caked to him.

I have a healthy skepticism for these polls and even canvassing as on the doorstep loads of people agree to vote Green and then FF sweeps in with the usual flourish, but all the same...

Comment

bertie's gone

It would appear that Eamon ryan's press people had the good sense to dig him a foxhole and instruct him to climb into it and not reappear until this bertie media love in was over. It's all blow-jobs, and felching for the great leader now, but when he goes back to mahon, it's going to look very very bad, and It's a good idea not to have said too many lovely things about him.

It is a shame that John Gormley would appear to be impervious to advice, or common sense, or anything really. maybe bertie touched him in that special place that made him and mary harney such good friends.

I was looking at the pictures of Cowen's dad in the tribune last week and he looks absolutely nothing like him. I came to the disturbing conclusion that he must look like his mother.

Comment

bertie's gone

The main reason Cowen looks like that is because he drinks about 50 pints of Guinness a week.

Comment

bertie's gone

what's wrong with that?

Comment

bertie's gone

Nothing, as long as your partner doesn't mind you repeatedly farting like a chimp the next morning, and as long as you don't plan on seeing your 65th birthday.

Comment

bertie's gone

hmm, I think that chimp isn't the right animal. I'd say for that smell you'd need a pure carnivore, possibly a scavenger.

There are a lot of stories doing the rounds that it isn't just guinness that our new glorious leader is fond of. Discretion isn't his strong point at ogra conventions as those pictures on the previous page might indicate.

Comment

bertie's gone

I've just looked at the Ogra pics (gracias garcia por el linko) - they explain the success of FF - basically it's the feelgood, jaysus-we-can-do-it, sod the begrudgers (and, worse, the intellectuals), We're all together (woo-hoo) party. Whereas in reality it delivers cash to the the wealthy or those who know the right people. FF is a nation within a nation.

Comment

bertie's gone

it isn't just guinness that our new glorious leader is fond of.

Underage girls?

Crystal meth?

Snuff movies?

Comment

bertie's gone

d) All of the above

Comment

bertie's gone

I read between the lines to get to Charlie Redmond, Charlie McCreevy and Charlie Haughey. Was I right?

Comment

bertie's gone

"A bulldog chewing on a wasp"

A description of Brian Cowen that my father says he read in a paper.

Comment

bertie's gone

David McWilliams is on Question Time going on about how the Tribunal has exceeded its remit and gone on for too long.

I didn't realise he was up Bertie's arse as well.

Comment

bertie's gone

It's nothing to do with Bertie's hole, he's been contaminated by Sunday Business Postisis.

Comment

bertie's gone

The Business Post is not particularly pro-Bertie -- I think you might mean the Sunday Independent.

Comment

bertie's gone

hmm. I think that the Mahon tribunal would have been finished a long time ago if people like barty ahern, Ray Burke, Padraig Flynn and liam lawlor hadn't obstructed it so much.

As for exceeding it's remit, it never got to look into the £30,000 that Dr Sir AJF 'Tony' O'Reilly gave to ray burke through the Rennicks company.

Comment

bertie's gone

The Prime Minister of the nation may have committed perjury while giving statements about foreign cash payments into his account... in a Tribunal relating to corrupt payments to politicians.

Yet all RTÉ can concentrate on is whether the Tribunal is exceeding its remit or not. It's incredible. It's like Chinese state TV or something.

Comment

Working...
                                    X