Shaw Costa Fortuné - Summer transfers 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part of Man City's deal with UEFA on FFP is that they have a max spend of €60m this summer, though I'm not sure whether that is net spend with money received taken into account. They also have to freeze their wages, so even signing Sagna on a free will still have to account for his wages. It'll be interesting to see what they do this summer.

Comment

Liverpool could be busy according to various Sundays this weekend, with apparent interest in Javi Martinez, Wilfried Bony, Alexis Sanchez, Xherdan Shaqiri, Dejan Lovren, Ryan Bertrand, Alberto Moreno, and, of course, Adam Lallana.

Comment

yaya toure's agent sounds like a nightmare

He signed a four year deal for £10 million a year last summer. He's a dubious 31. He's playing the football of his life at the moment, I can't imagine that Yaya toure is that upset. what the hell is his agent angling for?

Comment

He does this every year, doesn't he?

Comment

Tim Vickery on the more significant players likely to move from South America to Europe.

Comment

Barcelona have signed ter Stegen from Gladbach, will have loan players Rafinha and Deulofeu as part of the first team next season, and are apparently trying to get 55m for Fabregas.

Comment

deu could do with another season under him at a goodison or goodison-esque place. ter stegens a good signing, now they must put the majority of their efforts this window into getting a new central defender, but im not sure who they could get at a world class standard without stupid transfer sums. city and psg will laugh off offers for kompany and silva for as long as they get them, perhaps benatia? but being barca, everybody's gonna ask for at least +7-or-8-million what they wouldve. arsenal dont seem to mind caving in, so perhaps they could steal koscielny

Comment

oh fucking god, we (notts county) have just signed alan smith, fresh from the scums..
                  was beginning to feel optimistic about next season

to be fair, somehow has anybody seen him play for MK? i wont blame anyone for not wanting to admit that

Comment

Raynor wrote: deu could do with another season under him at a goodison or goodison-esque place. ter stegens a good signing, now they must put the majority of their efforts this window into getting a new central defender, but im not sure who they could get at a world class standard without stupid transfer sums. city and psg will laugh off offers for kompany and silva for as long as they get them, perhaps benatia? but being barca, everybody's gonna ask for at least +7-or-8-million what they wouldve. arsenal dont seem to mind caving in, so perhaps they could steal koscielny
                    From what I've read, they want two central defenders. From going in pretty deep on Football Manger 2014 in the past few months, I'd say that they need to get Eder Alvarez Balanta from River or Doria from Botafogo. Who I see are both mentioned in Tim Vickery's article that JM Footzee linked to.

Comment

Raynor wrote:

oh fucking god, we (notts county) have just signed alan smith, fresh from the scums..
                      was beginning to feel optimistic about next season

to be fair, somehow has anybody seen him play for MK? i wont blame anyone for not wanting to admit that

I saw him twice last season. He was awful (and substituted) both times.

Any talent has long since disappeared. All that remains is the surly aggression.

Comment

I'd say that they need to get Eder Alvarez Balanta
                        haha! he's fucking amazing in FM14. matthias ginter might be worth a punt on the same basis. but apparently they want david luiz. i don't see what deulofeu can add to barcelona at this point, good player but not yet that good - he should stay with everton for another year. rafinha is worse than the full-backs barcelona already have.

they won't get that much for fabregas and i'm not sure it's a good idea to sell him. xavi is finished now, whatever he thinks. the less xavi can play, the more important fabregas becomes, surely - unless they've decided he's basically not good enough and never will be. and that could be a rash decision. he's not as good as xavi but that doesn't mean he's not good enough.

Comment

its rafinha alcantara, incase anyone else got confused with the bayern one

Comment

garcia wrote:
                            I'd say that they need to get Eder Alvarez Balanta
                            haha! he's fucking amazing in FM14.
                            In my Napoli save, he's really good, but he's not spectacular (yet), especially mentally. Never seems up for the big games, gets stressed at any post-game talk that isn't total praise for the team's performance. After my first season Southampton were relegated, and I was able to get Dejan Lovren for cheap, who was been really good.

Comment

Marc Albrighton on a free. Apparently hes been offered ore cash elsewhere.

Poor start to the season but one of the more consistent performers toward the end, however, I'm not sure who would want to pay out for him- and for what. Hes well passed the stage of developing into anything more...

Apparently Fonz, and Helenius are on theiw way as well.

Comment

ive heard leicesters the destination for albrighton, seems a decent enough move for both parties

Comment

Sagna has apparently signed for Man City, continuing Arsenal's current role as a Mancunian feeder club. Arsenal, meanwhile, are supposedly considering an offer of £35m to bring Cesc back, because that's what they need isn't it, another midfielder.

Comment

Forty million smackers don't buy you what they used to

Comment

lecorbusier wrote:
                                      Originally posted by Mat João
                                      Isn't the general 'rule' that all the big summer signings come after the World Cup though?
                                      So its really a question of who is going to have a good world cup then?

If Luke Shaw performs that 27 million could, looking at the state of things, be chicken feed.

From last time around Asamoah Gyan ended up at Sunderland (before deciding, all things being equal, he preferred Al 3in) for 13 million. Suarez signed for Liverpool for 10 million more than that.
                                      And Nikola Zigic at Birmingham of course. I knew he'd end up in the Premier League after 2010, as soon as the first Serbian game started, and the summariser (forget who, may have been Townsend) said he'd not seen Zigic play, but he was 6ft 7in, so the type of player who would do well in England. My money was on whoever Steve Bruce was managing, but no, Alex McLeish snapped him up.

Actually, there's a World Cup thread in waiting: which previously unheralded players you expect to get signed up for the Premier League and flop, based on their World Cup performaces. Gyan was another because he looked a great striker as long as you didn't want him to trouble the keeper.

Comment

That Sagna move is bizarre. They're paying £6 million quid a year to a somewhat past it injury prone 31 year old, who counts towards their 13 'foreign' player cap for the champions league, just to act as cover for zabaleta.

It's obvious that they're going to sell Micah Richards, which seems fair enough given that he just has to leave. But surely they should have been lining up a young player who would have counted as association trained. Not only moving away from meeting the terms of the FFP punishment but also from meeting the breakeven requirement.

A smart move for city would be to sell Toure to psg, and replace him with fabregas, who is a player who is as good as toure, 'association trained' at least four years younger, and would be expecting less money than toure. They'd Also make a large accounting profit from selling toure.

Comment

Doesn't Sagna count as association trained? I had thought that he did as it was about the only way it made sense.

Comment

Whoops

Comment

PSG surely can't afford to sign toure now, though, after spending £50m on david luiz? i mean obviously they can afford it, but wouldn't it be problematic from a FFP point of view?

Comment

By 2017 PSG will be paying €2 billion fine and will have a squad limited to seven players, all of whom will have to have been born within the Boulevard Périphérique.

Comment

Hang on, it's fifty million now? Jaysus!

Comment

Dglh He signed from auxerre in his mid twenties. It's such a strange move.

David Luiz is the footballing equivalent of one of those tricked out midranking family saloons, the sound system and barbecue in the boot are nice, but not always useful, and the fact that the car now weighs three and a half tonnes, and has no luggage space make it pretty useless for its original function of being a family saloon.

A centre half who likes to charge upfield and has the skill to get quite far, but who can't really defend very well isn't very useful. Better to have rampaging fullbacks, or wingers. Rampaging centre halves charging up the field are a problem.

But we've been here before an athletic centre half who could play football well enough to play in midfield, but rio Ferdinand benefitted from playing at a club where he was told to focus on his defending, and move to a position to receive the ball and move it on quickly and accurately to keane or scholes.

Instead of becoming some kind of franz beckenbauer figure, by focussing more on paring down his game, he became probably the best sweeper centre half in the world between 2006-2011. If mourinho had got a hold of Luiz early enough he would be a radically different player. A brutal whip hand could have turned Luiz into something approximating Ricardo Carvalho. Now he could never hope to match the great carvalho when it came to Machiavellian dark genius, but carvalho was a brilliant defender first and foremost, who used his ability on the ball to lift him to the next level. As it stands Luiz is some kind of performing seal who can do flashy things that catch your attention, but which frequently amount to little. Then he makes equally eye catching blunders in defence, and they sometimes amount to a lot.

That's a great deal for Chelsea. They must be astonished at that fee.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X