No announcement yet.

Irish Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have the heart to look for a link, but the Govt's apology over the Kerry Babies case is just so horrifically shameful. It's fucking baroque-gothic horror.

Comment

Sometimes I wonder how any of you managed to become functioning adults, given the nature of the society you grew up in.

Comment

"And what's your point, caller?"

Comment

Ah sure a bit of dysfunctional society never did anyone any harm.

Comment

I know very few fully functional adults. I know plenty of people that can do a good impression of one. but you can see the joins if you pay attention for any length of time.

Comment

That’s me, that is. All joins.

Comment

I feel that you are all forgetting that I live in the US, and therefore necessarily have a lower standard for what qualifies as “fully functional”

Comment

Ireland is one of the places I’m thinking of escaping to. Like that one where Luke Skywalker went.

Comment

Ms. ursus just spent ten days there as part of her MFA and loved it to bits (except for getting bronchitis)

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                      I feel that you are all forgetting that I live in the US, and therefore necessarily have a lower standard for what qualifies as “fully functional”
                      I thought you lived on here?

Comment

Ha hp, that's a major tourist attraction, and UNESCO heritage site, so it wouldn't be quite as peaceful as Luke had it.

Comment

Dail Eireann has just voted to allow pubs to open on good Friday,the sight of all the stags and hens wandering around Dublin and Galway looking for something to do must have brought a tear to Leo's eye,In fairness it's probably a vote for sobriety because you had people who wouldn't bother drinking when the pubs were open buying a pile of cans cause the pubs were shut

Comment

I almost never drink at home, but I religiously buy cans on holy thursday, which then sit in the fridge for months on end.

Comment

Maundy Thursday.

Comment

What place do the affectations of the anglicans have in a discussion about religious festivals?

Comment

Speaking from experience, pretty much none.

Comment

So the talks to restore the executive have collapsed. It would seem that they were close to a deal, but then the DUP pulled out, probably when they talked to their grass roots. They are going to bigot their way into a united Ireland before they know it. They're trapped in a situation where their natural instincts are to make things worse and paint themselves into a ridiculous corner. They are completely and obviously in the wrong, but if they agree to an Irish language act, it will probably split the party.

Comment

Apparently there was a deal in place and then their members rejected it. I think we've heard this before over the border.

They really need a Paisley figure to drag the bigots kicking and screaming into the twentieth century.

Comment

Prince is dead though, sadly.

Comment

Comment

Whoops, Leo.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/...-36709388.html

Comment

Must have been a nice change for once for Trump to be at a meeting with a foreign leader and not be the one who says something stupid

Comment

The pro-life organisations have taken a very good PR approach. Gone are the spitfire and brimstone folk, in are the cute kids and parents. They obviously figure that the hardcore will turn out regardless and are just going after the undecided. I’m worried that they will succeed.

Comment

My worry is my usual worry when the progressive thing that is supposed to happen goes to a vote: the yoof don't turn up to vote, while the olds always do, so the regressive thing squeaks a narrow victory.

Comment

Irish citizens overseas should be allowed to vote. The usual "you don't pay tax here" bullshit argument doesn't hold for constitutional questions.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X