Sexism and Corrie's ill-matched couples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's going to be 'back' soon. Like Kevin, I am not sure whether they had an exit strategy ready before their 'break' or they had to retrofit one.

They've certainly got better at this since the Len Fairclough/Peter Adamson days.

Comment

I think the last time I watched Corrie was when Alan Bradley got ran over by a tram in Blackpool. Which I seem to recall was hilarious.

Comment

He's going to be 'back' soon. Like Kevin, I am not sure whether they had an exit strategy ready before their 'break' or they had to retrofit one.
        In Kevin's case, he's b*ggering off again shortly, the actor having been 'advised' to take a lengthy break.

They've certainly got better at this since the Len Fairclough/Peter Adamson days.
        If I remember rightly, they had a 'Len' lookalike who was placed at one the background tables in the Rovers - just out of focus, like. All rather foolish.

Comment

dalliance wrote: That Gail Platt has always batted above her station. Now Richard Hillman might have been a homicidal killer (a brilliant one) but even taking that into consideration he was still out of her League.
          Her face would make a freight train take a dirt road.

Comment

If I remember rightly, they had a 'Len' lookalike who was placed at one the background tables in the Rovers - just out of focus, like. All rather foolish.
            Don't really think this was the case. He was sacked by the producers and still appeared in the show for a few weeks after that in the scenes he had filmed beforehand. His character was killed off rapidly off screen.

I think the last time I watched Corrie was when Alan Bradley got ran over by a tram in Blackpool. Which I seem to recall was hilarious.
            The most Coronation Street death it is possible to have with Blackpool being Corrie's spiritual home. If you remember Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights, well, there was a funny little homage to the above incident when Brian Potter was visiting Blackpool and laid a bouquet of flowers on the spot that Bradley was killed.

Comment

Don't really think this was the case. He was sacked by the producers and still appeared in the show for a few weeks after that in the scenes he had filmed beforehand. His character was killed off rapidly off screen.
              It was the case, albeit briefly.

Comment

E10 Rifle wrote: And the Peter-Tina affair is the most drawn-out, unconvincing, unsexy and tedious Corrie plotline in years. For fuck's sake, someone catch them at it. In fact, they've completely destroyed Tina's character - she was once strident, opinionated and independent; now she's just a sporadically stroppy idiot.
                Actually, Tina could very well be the new Elsie Tanner if they wrote her character right. I note that Kym Marsh was slated to play Elsie in a Corrie musical.

Comment

Working...
                X