• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silicon Valley

The first episode of Mike Judge's new show on HBO is available on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvkmsI54ss4

Silicon Valley

I liked it. It has potential to be a much better version of The Big Bang Theory.

Comment

Silicon Valley

http://www.wsc.co.uk/forum-index/30-film-tv/896106-silicon-valley

Comment

Silicon Valley

Sorry!

I'm glad to see Kumail Nanjiani as a regular on a TV show. He's always great when he's been on Portlandia. He doesn't get as many lines here, at least in the first episode.

Comment

Silicon Valley

He's on quite a few very good podcasts if you want to hear more from him. He does a video games show with his wife, Emily Gordon, called The Indoor Kids. He's on pretty much every episode of Harmontown. He's also a semi-frequent guest on Doug Loves Movies. And he's got a TV show of standup airing soon - The Meltdown.

Comment

Silicon Valley

This is great.

There is a character in it who looks and behaves very similarly to Garcia.

Comment

Silicon Valley

Mike Judge was on Fresh Air today. It's probably online somewhere.

Comment

Silicon Valley

It's good but I don't think I'd call it great. At least not yet - it does seem like it's going to build, rather than being traditionally episodic like most American sitcoms. But I think it's probably a lot funnier if you live in the Bay Area, or work in tech, and I'm a bit disappointed that Nanjiani's role is so minor (so far anyway).

Comment

I've been watching this finally, an episode every few days, for the last few weeks. I'm just finished season 3. It's absolutely fantastic, isn't it?

I don't know what else to add, except that it seems like an incredibly accurate representation while being very funny at the same time. Mrs SB has been working with some Bay Area tech douches recently and the sometimes I feel like I'm watching a documentary about them.

Comment

Working...
                  X