#gotgotneed: Panini stickers WC14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this in the village shop this morning.

They've put a hashtag on the cover so that you can read people's excited tweets about getting their Reza Ghoochannejhad sticker.

My, er, daughter collected all the 2010 ones.

I'm sure she'll want this year's, too.

(Edit: actually it was Match Attax not Panini [strike]I[/strike] she had in 2010, might need to be the same again, don't know if they do Panini at Asda)

Comment

They probably do in the café.

Comment

I'm on this already. Going to swapsie the shit out of you all.

Comment

You card!

Comment

In too. This time a dad-son-team. So far there seem to be plenty of Russians and Dutch.

Comment

I couldn't even find anywhere selling the bloody thing this afternoon. Asda: No, Morrisons: Nah, Moderately-sized Co-op: Fuck All. I'll try again at the weekend.

Comment

Jah Womble wrote:
                You card!
                You get this for free, you know.

Comment

That's good - I'd've gone as far as 5p a shot, like the stickers.

(They do still cost that, don't they?)

Comment

A packet of panini stickers nowadays costs Ł23.

Comment

10p a pop now, so at least Ł65 to finish it assuming perfect swopsies.

Seven packs in and two swopsies already, 326 and 532.

The boy was doing it with me this morning and I reckon he'll be pleased later when he sees we have our first two shinies to do.

Comment

My son loves Panini too, first time he's got to do do this (he's only six weeks old).

For some reason my wife isn't impressed..

Comment

Congratulations sid.

Have you mentioned to your wife how this album will be something your son will treasure for as long as he keeps it? He'll be flicking back through it 30 years from now, or more. A wonderful keepsake which his daddy patiently sat and completed with him - his earliest bit of football memorabilia?

My boy was indeed pleased with the two shinies. He's put Mexico's sloightly on th' huh but his technique's pretty sound for a youngster. Looking forward to the next packs.

Ghana have come out of the blocks fastest for us - got the shiny plus six players from the first seven packs.

Comment

Thanks to my slowly declining eyesight, my youngest daughter's now much better at 'sticking in' accurately. Last time around she was 11, and totally into the Panini collection. This time around she says she wants to do it again, which given the overall hormonal and attitude changes since 2010 - that is, everything your parents do or suggest completely and utterly fucking sucks - this is quite remarkable. Though it could be that I end up slaving over a hot album for hours on my own while she passes by with her headphones on, on the way out to a night of drinking light beer and smoking shisha.

I'll echo Kelvinho in his congratulations to sid. Your son, if correctly raised, will surely thank you one day for this. I still have my 1970 Esso coin collection that my dad put together for me, even though I was four and was not yet conscious of the competition.

Comment

The mention of this brings back good memories for me of World Cup 94 when ten year old me made a business of selling the stickers to others, made a decent amount of money. Also in 2002 I won the sticker album and all the stickers; while I lost the thrill of the chase, it was nice to have the full completed album.

Comment

Do they have this annoying fad over in the UK, where two boys - usually boys - play against each other and try to turn as many of the opponent's stickers over, and the one who manages more gets to keep his opponent's stickers? You do this by beating on the stack with the palm of your hand. Over here, it's the absolute craze. I've told Daniel he can't do it with ours.

Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKK1-Fy-pGQ

Comment

My daughter did get the Panini one after all, on Saturday. [strike]We've[/strike] she's already got six shinies including the World Cup trophy one among the sixty or so stickers we've got so far, and no swapsies.

Comment

Grrr, already got Ronaldo and Lloris as swaps. But since they already come with everybody's album they are a worthless commodity.

Comment

Got my album and stickers in the mail yesterday. An activity for my lunch breaks at work.

Comment

Have just started with my boys. Would be happy to trade doubles!

Comment

I now have a swapsie of the Mexico shiny. I'm trying to remember the conversion rate for swapsies, which I think should be something like this:

player = 1 point
                                          non-player non-shiny (e.g. team or stadium) = 2 points
                                          shiny = 3 points

Swapsie points for both parties should balance.

We've now got a player for each team except Australia and USA.

Comment

I'm another whose son/daughter is enjoying doing this; he/she's not been conceived yet

Comment

What is proper sticker etiquette these days? I've got no kids, but I've drawn a face on a cushion.

Sticking them in the book, or not?
                                              Swapping them on here, or not?

I've got six swaps from 12 packs so far, and half the German team.

Have we identified any early contenders for easiest/hardest stickers to get in the book, or will that vary by region?

Comment

My boy likes sticking them, so that's what we're going for.

Happy to swap on here, but I guess I might try locally in case I can save on postage (*starts his old man rant about the price of stamps*).

Six from 12 packs seems an unlucky rate - I think we only have three from about 15.

The FA have done that thing again, haven't they? Not licensing anything to Panini. I've got a few England players (Rooney, Hart and can't remember the others off hand) and they are neck-up shots to obscure the lack of badges. Has anyone seen what the team photo and shiny look like for England?

Comment

John Crace has done a Guardian article about it recently.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X