I know a song that'll get on your nerves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mind KT Tunstall, but I heard this today and decided it's very annoying indeed:

Suddenly I see

Were you listening to Ray Mears on DID too?

Comment

Bugger, I slept through that. The wife thinks that the song is "Southend on Sea". I don't know if that it makes the earworm better or worse.

Comment

The song is something like eight years old. Why would it suddenly work on our collective nerves (more than it did before)?

Comment

That is very irritating. I agree. It's one of those songs that many people might think "Ooh, it's acoustic and yet sort of rockin and catchy and she's foreign so this is breaking new ground" but then you realize that it's really irritating and was probably written to be used in commercials, which it is. Lots of them. Wal-Mart or Target, I think.

It's the Four Non-Blondes' "What's Going On" of it's day.

Comment

Scottish is foreign?

Comment

Bored of Education wrote: Scottish is foreign?
              Give it a few months....

Comment

Presumably it's foreign if you're in North America, Bored.

Comment

Yes, sorry. Should have made a footnote.

But Bored has a point too.

Comment

"What's Going On?" is a lot better than "Suddenly I See."

But if you want to talk about really annoying songs...

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be about "Lightning Bolt" by grumpy authenticity's Jake Bugg.

Comment

Is the guy who takes over from the child on Kars 4 Kids trying to sound like Johnny Cash? I sincerely hope not. He's making an almighty pig's ear of it if he is.

Comment

What's Going On made wonderful:

He-Man

Comment

Sits With Remote wrote: What's Going On made wonderful:

He-Man
                            Brilliant! I think I started a thread about that video going back a few weeks, or I may have dreamt about doing it.

There's a shorter version doing the rounds on youtube that has 38 million views!

EDIT: Nah, I didn't dream it.

http://www.wsc.co.uk/forum-index/29-music/858775-the-essence-of-youtube-in-one-2m-06s-video

Comment

Apparently, "Suddenly I See" is about KT Tunstall staring at the cover of Patti Smith's "Horses", and it being an influence on her to get into music.

Comment

Sits With Remote wrote: I don't mind KT Tunstall, but I heard this today and decided it's very annoying indeed:

Suddenly I see
                                It's nowhere near as annoying as this KT Tunstall song, which makes me want to punch a wall every time I hear it. But generally KT Tunstall can piss off, she's awful.

Comment

Tactictoe wrote:
                                  Originally posted by Sits With Remote
                                  What's Going On made wonderful:

He-Man
                                  Brilliant! I think I started a thread about that video going back a few weeks, or I may have dreamt about doing it.

There's a shorter version doing the rounds on youtube that has 38 million views!

EDIT: Nah, I didn't dream it.

http://www.wsc.co.uk/forum-index/29-music/858775-the-essence-of-youtube-in-one-2m-06s-video
                                  My team of top City lawyers are now readying themselves for a plagiarism suit TTT.

Comment

Deep Blue Something - Breakfast At Tiffany's
                                    I heard this on the radio this morning. I thought I had erased it from my mind but all the bad feeling came back like a bitter lump of vomit into your mouth.

Comment

Aaaaaarrrggghhhh!

I fucking HATE her and her pissy voice.

Comment

Comment

I Gotta (sic) Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas. And generally speaking, any other song about having fun too.

Comment

What Giggler said and also all versions of this pile of rancid pus

Comment

KT Tunstall used to play in pubs in St Andrews when I was still regularly going to Tannadice and kipping in NE Fife.

The cue to shift along the road to another pub, in our case, was her getting hers out (her guitar case).

Comment

Calvert wrote: Aaaaaarrrggghhhh!

I fucking HATE her and her pissy voice.

Pissy voice is succinct. Hate how it's become the go-to version of that song as well. She needs cyber bullying.

Comment

Proof that time can heal old wounds, though, is that songs from the 70s that had my teenage head smashing against walls to drive them out, now have the tang of nostalgia about them:

Never Let Her Slip Away...

even Escape (The Pina Colada Song)!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X