New Songs You Like In 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're welcome! I'm late to the Caribou game, for some reason. I had never heard any of it till Mrs. Renart played the new one recently. Now I'm enjoying the back catalog as well.

Comment

Andorra and Milk of Human Kindness are my favorite Caribou albums.

Comment

A friend gave me the first album (back when he was recording as Manitoba instead of Caribou) and I've sort of stayed vaguely interested since. The track (and video for) Sun are magnificent.

Comment

Renart wrote: I am digging "Silver," by Caribou.

The whole album is pretty good.
          Agreed on this - first listen I probably wasn't listening and thought it sounded forgettable, so I promptly forgot it, then gave it another spin* last night and couldn't understand how I'd been so cloth-eared the first time around.

*a compact disc was used. I still buy them. Prodigiously.

Comment

Royksopp feat. Susanne Sundfor - Save Me

I have my doubts about the album, but both tracks featuring this lady are great. See also Running To The Sea, starting at 40:27 in that video.

Comment

They've nixed that on copyright grounds, and fair play to them. It got a very lukewarm review on Pitchfork bar a couple of highlights, possibly the bits you picked up on.

Just listened to Caribou's 'Our Love' again, and it's getting better every time - unlike a lot of electronica, it doesn't outstay its welcome, even though I do sometimes happily run with the artistes who leave the equipment running while they nip out for a pint.

Comment

The unbelievably evilC-friendly I Love Machines by Silicon Machines is here.

Comment

Agreed, imp, I think it's an album that actually rewards more attentive listening. It can sound a bit repetitive if it's only on in the background, but I really started loving it when I listened to it very loud in my car and could hear all the subtle variations in the songs' patterns, their "arc", etc.

Comment

imp wrote: Just listened to Caribou's 'Our Love' again, and it's getting better every time - unlike a lot of electronica, it doesn't outstay its welcome, even though I do sometimes happily run with the artistes who leave the equipment running while they nip out for a pint.
                    Just watched this video of Caribou performing "our love" live at a radio session. That must have take them an eternity to firstly programme all the samplers and keyboards and then rehearse it to be as tight as it is. The complexity and sequence of the drumming patterns is crazy - no jamming there.

Missed out on this Caribou album, will get it when I'm back in the UK.

Comment

just as the year's terminating, I hear its best soundtrack by a country mile - Ghetto by DJ Slugo.

Comment

Nice but too short, needs a lengthy remix: Listenbee - Save Me:

Comment

Highlight of the Teleman album for me is the infernally catchy Skeleton Dance, here.

Comment

Working...
                          X