Edwyn Collins n friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edwyn Collins n friends

I know there are a few other Edwynites on here.

Just noticed in my copy of "The Crack" that he and chums/special guests are playing Northumbria Uni later this month.

I knew in the interviews around the album launch that he was planning 'some gigs', but I'd kinda assumed it'd be a few dates in that London.

Great news a) that he's well enough
    and b) that I can get to see him perform again

(I must've seen Orange Juice/Edwyn 10 or 12 times in various incarnations, always wonderful)

Edwyn Collins n friends

Great to hear Edwyn is touring again, really looking forward to your report.

Comment

Edwyn Collins n friends

Yeah, great to see him touring again, and have tickets to see him in Oran Mor in Glasgow on 22nd.

Any ideas on who the friends might be? It's just that the tour was mentioned on Killermont Street, the Aztec Camera/Roddy Frame site, and there was a suggestion that he mey be one of them.

Comment

Edwyn Collins n friends

The other tour dates;

04-20 Birmingham, England - Glee Club
        04-21 Edinburgh, Scotland - The Queens Hall
        04-22 Glasgow, Scotland - Oran Mor
        04-24 Newcastle, England - Northumbria University
        04-25 Manchester, England - Manchester University
        04-26 Leeds, England - The Cockpit
        04-29 London, England - Shepherds Bush Empire

Comment

Edwyn Collins n friends

Went to the edinburgh gig last night, absolutely brilliant. Edwyn was great, not as effortless as he used to be but once he was warmed up still great value, and hearing the songs again was fantastic.

Very emotional too, I cried like a little girl.

Comment

Edwyn Collins n friends

Mine is tomorrow night. 'Metro' said Roddy Frame is definitely coming too-who else on stage in Edinburgh, CC?

Comment

Edwyn Collins n friends

I would really love to see Edwyn Collins live one day but he is unlikely to make it to San Juan County. Still, great to have him around. He is a treasure and long may he jangle on.

Comment

Edwyn Collins n friends

Roddy Frame was there, though he didn't sing just played guitar. Didn't recognise anyone else , they were a really good band though. The sound was excellent as well, sometimes in the Queens Hall it can be pretty iffy.

Comment

Edwyn Collins n friends

Imp's Aztec Camera thread reminded me to update this one: I managed to hold back the tears (just: I was with some people...).

Roddy Frame turned in an incredible shift, swapping guitars every other song and playing like Edwyn would've as well as a few of his own stylings. It really was a great gig. The other 'friend' people might've heard of was Dave Ruffy on drums (ex-Ruts).

They didn't play '(Just Like the Four Tops) I Can't Help Myself', but you can't have everything

Comment

Edwyn Collins n friends

It sounds like the getting was good.

Comment

Working...
                    X