Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome cousin.

Comment

Welcome, I hope you haven't already been subbed off.

Comment

Thanks. Don't expect a lot of minutes.

Comment

Honoured to join you.

Comment

Someone has started a Twitter account about this. I like the way they post 3 photos, zooming in on the mascots each time

Take a look at Mascots Minute Silence (@MascotSilence): https://twitter.com/MascotSilence?s=09

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
              Someone has started a Twitter account about this. I like the way they post 3 photos, zooming in on the mascots each time

Take a look at Mascots Minute Silence (@MascotSilence): https://twitter.com/MascotSilence?s=09
              Uhuh. "Someone"...

Thanks for the link.

Comment

I wondered if it was someone off here.

Comment

Originally posted by cousin of George Weah View Post
                  Honoured to join you.
                  Welcome. Enjoy yourself. Great first post (no pressure...)

Comment

No minute's silence here, obviously, but in its own way a rather melancholy snap of J3 club Iwate Grulla Morioka's mascot Kizuru (who's supposed to be an origami crane, before you ask). From here.

Comment

Didn't need to ask. Unlike some mascots that one looks exactly like what it claims to be. I love it.
                      I'd be even more impressed if it starts out as a piece of card the size of a bedsheet before the person puts it on.

Comment

When you click on Furtho's link and get Google to translate the tweet it doesn't present it in the best light.

Comment

Hahaha. No particular explanation, other than the account is run by a supporter of another team - Vanraure Hachinohe (not Grulla's opponents today, who were Roasso Kumamoto). He also provides this image.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post

Uhuh. "Someone"...

Thanks for the link.
                            Wait, is that you, Wouter? I thought it was just someone with no connection to OTF ripping this thread off. Glad to hear it is actually one of us.

Comment

Harper the Dog got sent off against Sligo Rovers for taking the piss out of the keeper.

https://twitter.com/sligorovers/stat...437358081?s=19

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/mascotsilence/status/1193140302946586624?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Football Eats Itself

Comment

That video seems to have gone viral but is from the Dagenham game two years ago.

But the walking poppy was at the game today, and having not been at either remembrance game in the past two years, I assumed this was a new thing for all Grounds. Seems not. Maybe it will cross the river to Anfield tomorrow

The players of both teams seemed to be wearing their poppies on armbands, I can only assume because their shirts had FA Cup patches on their sleeves and they wanted to use them all the way to Wembley...

Comment

I thought I had seen that Poppy mascot before actually, perhaps even on here.

Doncaster had their poppies on armbands today, Wimbledon (who are normally quite cost-conscious about such things) had them directly on the shirts.

On a related, does anyone know what TV show this guy appeared on? The photo has been doing the rounds on twitter but I can't confirm if it's genuine or from Question Time as it it appears to be.

Comment

That looks like an extremely crude Photoshop job to me. You can see where they've not cut out the edges properly.

Comment

Big up to those clubs including the mascot in their remembrance tweets this morning.

Forest Green Rovers

Preston North End

Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

Have we had that pathetic and ridiculous Tranmere poppy on here yet?

Comment

This year, that is. Seeing as it's from 2017.

Comment

Ray, Question Time from 2016, it appears

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b0c2e24aaf1de9

It is as if the UK is no longer capable of producing original content

Comment

That's some slope at Hilsborough. I'm surprised the owl couple don't fall beak first into the turf.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                                    Big up to those clubs including the mascot in their remembrance tweets this morning.

Forest Green Rovers

Sorry but WTAF is the mascot meant to be?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X