• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/YahooSportsCFB/status/1042539697770258433

Comment

T shirt cannon to the nuts?

Comment

As discussed by your very own Lenny the Lion...

Comment

Ain't ever going to happen to Colorado's real mascot Ralphie

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
            As discussed by your very own Lenny the Lion...
            Weird to think the Beeb has Lenny on speed dial for comment on any breaking mascot news

Comment

Shameful lack of basic English/proofreading from the Beeb there in the caption to the main photo of Lenny:
              Shrewsbury Town's Lenny the Lion says mascot's need minders

Oh wait, here's where the rogue apostrophe has floated off from, way down the page:
              "I wouldn't have taken my head off either in that situation, because I can imagine his actual face would have been a lot worse than the mascots."

Comment

Preston North End

Comment

Is something protruding from her, er, nether regions?

Oh, it's a flagpole. Actually, I'm not sure that makes it any better.

Comment

Walsall's Swifty is a regular observer of silences but he's now brought a friend.

Comment

I've just realised that I am not sure that I should have posted this on the "Poppycock" thread but I missed the opportunity to be our mascot for Saturday's one minute's silence.

Comment

Frank Lampard's Derby County

Yeovil Town

Comment

Yeovil's mascot is terrifying.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                            Walsall's Swifty is a regular observer of silences but he's now brought a friend.

That house mascot's jockstrap appears to be flying off, Carry On style.

Comment

Yeovil's mascot looks like a murderous robot from Sylvester McCoy era Doctor Who.

Comment

I was at Weston Super Mare vs Wrexham on Sunday. Before the match Weston's Sammy the Seagull was giving it large waving a black and white flag. I was really excited to see him do a minute silence but unfortunately he disappeared just before kick off.

Disrespectful.

Comment

Originally posted by mirko bolesan View Post
                                  I was at Weston Super Mare vs Wrexham on Sunday. Before the match Weston's Sammy the Seagull was giving it large waving a black and white flag. I was really excited to see him do a minute silence but unfortunately he disappeared just before kick off.

Disrespectful.
                                  Soured the occasion imo

Comment

From a couple of weeks ago week - Millwall

Comment

More lion action from Reading.

Comment

Aldershot
                                        Last edited by Kevin S; 12-11-2018, 11:00.

Comment

Horsham v Potters Bar Town

Comment

It's a wonderful thread, but has the question ever been asked: why don't the ,ascots stand to the side of the pitch during minutes' silences?

Comment

It's a good question, I mean, this thread's done the rounds for a few years, and been ripped off right left and centre... by now, they know if they didn't five years ago.

Comment

North American mascots plan their response

https://twitter.com/orbitastros/status/1062387995377106945?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                                  It's a wonderful thread, but has the question ever been asked: why don't the ,ascots stand to the side of the pitch during minutes' silences?
                                                  Mascots are the sole official representatives of the clubs and if they don't show the requisite level of gravitas we may, nay, should infer that the club actively opposes any form of respect for dead soldiers and in fact celebrates their deaths.

If we're to have poppy fascism, let us at least have the spectacle of a person trying their best to look solemn while wearing an permanently smiling anthropomorphic animal costume.
                                                  Last edited by Bizarre Löw Triangle; 13-11-2018, 17:26.

Comment

In Australia, my aunt's funeral was attended by her next door neighbour who happened to be a mascot of her favourite rugby league team. He showed up in costume as Sir Rusty, a cartoon knight with an unexplained massive prosthetic nose (no pictures, unfortunately). Would've given my aunt a good laugh.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X