• Show
Clear All

Mascots observing minutes silences

This is one of the best things about modern football

They have mascot conferences y'know.

Comment

That top photo just cracks me up. I think it's the hands that do it - players all opting for the standard respectful hands behind back, except the mascot, perhaps because he can't reach properly. Plus the inappropriate eyes.

Beautiful, can't stop giggling.

Comment

This is brilliant. This is one of those tumblr sites waiting to happen.

Comment

Time to publicly acknowledge Jimmy Bignutz as the consistently funniest poster on OTF. In my mind anyway. Have no idea who he (or any of you) is, but that his interjections into any a thread are always welcomed at Rih HQ.

Comment

Kryvbas Gripper Rih wrote: Time to publicly acknowledge Jimmy Bignutz as the consistently funniest poster on OTF. In my mind anyway. Have no idea who he (or any of you) is, but that his interjections into any a thread are always welcomed at Rih HQ.

Comment

That shouldn't be funny, but just is. When I showed Mrs. Sits she said "Shouldn't they take their heads off?" But I explained they're not meant to be people so that would just be silly...

What's the Arsenal mascot? Not a cannon, that's for sure.

Comment

Sits With Remote wrote: "Shouldn't they take their heads off?"
                Hahaha, this thread became even better.

Comment

tee rex wrote: That top photo just cracks me up. I think it's the hands that do it - players all opting for the standard respectful hands behind back, except the mascot, perhaps because he can't reach properly.
                  Raith's lion manages a stance of suitable solemnity :

Comment

That said, Gunnersaurus is still leading the pack for me- something about the arms round the shoulders, the fact that he actually manages to look genuinely sad, and maybe the fact that he's next to the shortest player in the side.

Comment

Baggie Bird

Comment

Baggie Bird is just waaaay too happy.

Comment

Nesta Makhno wrote:

That said, Gunnersaurus is still leading the pack for me- something about the arms round the shoulders, the fact that he actually manages to look genuinely sad...
                          I think being the only living member of a group of species that have been extinct for millions of years give Gunnersaurus a perspective on loss that is unique in the mascot world.

Comment

arsenal may be an underperforming disappointment in a lot of respects. A bit of a mess in others, but in Gunnersaurus, they have a truly world class mascot.

here he is chillaxing like david cameron during a major world crisis

He dominates the tunnel. Even Roy Keane would think twice about making him cry like patrick Vieira

He's prepared to go through the public niceties before a match and show that he is the bigger mascot

But He knows what's what on the pitch

[url=http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/437351924.jpg?1320003063]and he's not above a bit of pisstaking
                            [/img]

He's a calming influence on jack wilshire

He's smooth and sexual with the ladies

And he's not uncomfortable with male affection

and unlike arsenal's players he's perfectly at ease with silverware

Comment

Eagle-eyed OTFers will notice Lofty has been cropped out of the minutes silence photo on the BWFC website, save for his left eye.

Comment

(Is this homophobic taunting a la Robbie Fowler?)

Comment

More from Gunnersaurus

Aldershot

Comment

no, he's mocking jamie carragher after inzaghi scored his 2nd goal in the 2007 cl final.

Comment

Comment

Nesta Makhno wrote:

(Is this homophobic taunting a la Robbie Fowler?)
                                        I'd imagine he's mocking the inability of Tyrannosaurus rex to do up their laces.

I've only just noticed that Gunnersaurus is wearing Nikes. I don't know why but it makes him slightly more absurd.

Comment

longeared wrote:
                                          The stance on this one is great, he looks like Patton inspecting his troops.

Comment

What does Gunnersaurus have round his neck? An Alter-8 dust mask?

Comment

Sits With Remote wrote: When I showed Mrs. Sits she said "Shouldn't they take their heads off?" But I explained they're not meant to be people so that would just be silly.
                                              "YOU'RE A GUY IN A PANDA COSTUME!!!"

Comment

I bet there was a lot of inner debate amongst the mascot community over the pros and cons of crinkling their paws/wings/pincers up and rolling them back and forth next to their eyes, like News Bunny used to do whenever L!ve TV reported on kids that had been killed in car accidents.

Comment

This might be an ecumenical matter, but does having a mascot taking part in the minute's silence for war dead become even crasser when it's a devil ;

Comment

Working...
                                                  X