Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come On Sinead, kick her fucking head in.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tour manager in question assures me his book is out soon with many hilarious, and some not so hilarious, Mother Sinead stories.
    He's still friends with her on Facebook.
    That probably won't last long.

He's had an, erm, interesting life too.

Comment

Are you saying you didn't laugh when you read that?

Comment

Has he had an interesting life in his own right or it is only by association? Has there ever been a successful book written by a tour manager or roadie? Trying not to prejudge, but it sounds like a kiss and tell, or worse, a "witness a manic episode and tell".

The worst thing my friend said about her (about working extensively on the road and in the studio from about 1990 to last year) was "she drops fucking crumbs and ash everywhere". Her first husband is still her drummer and producer, and they have a close and affectionate relationship. They've both experienced her at her worst (most stressed) and think her one of the world's warmest, nicest people.

Ps I didn't laugh, but I'm used to "oh Gawd, look what she's said now" emails, have a stack of them.

Comment

WOM wrote:

Imagine trying to put a sober, quiet word in Mr Bieber's ear as he single-handedly destroys his career.
          He's already had his ARU contract torn up, silly boy.

Comment

Calvert wrote:
            ‘I am extremely concerned for you that those around you have led you to believe, or encouraged you in your own belief, that it is in any way ‘cool’ to be naked and licking sledgehammers in your videos.
            I've read this a couple of times now and each time I laugh.
            How can you be unaware of how mad that sounds?
            The only person I was to see using a sledgehammer in an entertainment context is

Comment

MsD wrote: Has he had an interesting life in his own right or it is only by association? Has there ever been a successful book written by a tour manager or roadie? Trying not to prejudge, but it sounds like a kiss and tell, or worse, a "witness a manic episode and tell".

The worst thing my friend said about her (about working extensively on the road and in the studio from about 1990 to last year) was "she drops fucking crumbs and ash everywhere"). Her first husband is still her drummer and producer, and they have a close and affectionate relationship. They've both experienced her at her worst (most stressed) and think her one of the world's warmest, nicest people.

Ps I didn't laugh, but I'm used to "oh Gawd, look what she's said now" emails, have a stack of them.
              Well, you can have an interesting life without ever associating with anyone famous, can't you? Other things happen outside the wonderful world of the music industry.
              It's not all about Tour managing and the arsery he had to put up with, so you're probably right not to prejudge, even though you did a wee bit.

Comment

I'm prejudging on the basis of his including "hilarious and not so hilarious" stories about a nice woman, who is sensitive and sometimes not very well, as a selling point.

Comment

Fair enough, I've not read it, I'm only going by what he's told me, but Sinead's antics and tour managing in general would appear to play a minor role in the book.

Comment

Calvert wrote:
                    ‘I am extremely concerned for you that those around you have led you to believe, or encouraged you in your own belief, that it is in any way ‘cool’ to be naked and licking sledgehammers in your videos.
                    I've read this a couple of times now and each time I laugh.
                    How can you be unaware of how mad that sounds?
                    It is funny, but only because on some level cyrus thinks it is cool to be naked and licking sledgehammers.

Comment

On get with it, grandpa.
                      Sledgehammer-licking is the new trowel-fondling.

You're just afraid of strong women.

Comment

I'm afraid of sinead o'connor, and would be very slow to piss her off. life is too short for that sort of carry on.

Comment

I used to go out with a girl who would never be seen without her toffee hammer. Little brass number; kept it in her pocket. When things got heated she would produce it and give it a little lick, by way of a warning. I knew my place. But this sledgehammer stuff? it's just a whole different world these days.

Comment

Dad's home now - an open letter from Bruce Springsteen to Miley Cyrus.

Oops, sorry, that was 3 weeks ago but Sinead just saw it and reposted.

Comment

When is Miley's real Dad going to put in his two-cents worth? Or did I miss that?

Comment

I suspect he's too busy banking all the two cents worth he gets to care, so that he's still in clover when the hurricane blows itself out.

Comment

Billy Ray Cyrus was already set for life long before his increasingly wretched daughter started doing her thing. His first album shifted about 20 million copies and was the highest-selling record in the US in 1992.

Comment

I actually thought it was a very kind and caring letter that Sinead wrote.

She wouldn't have said a thing, if Miley wasn't Billy Ray Cyrused enough to say that she was inspired by Nothing Compares 2 U.

What kind of tickles me is what tickles me about any Ireland-American Southerner feud, and that's the fact that with many white southerners in the KKK or voting Republican or not having one functioning brain cell to realize a letter written with kindness is a call to go full retard, is that they're only a few generations removed from the motherland.

Comment

i'm just not clear on why sinead o'connor felt the need to stick her beak in. what is miley cyrus doing that is in any way new or noteworthy or worthy of comment? if you will go around giving unsolicited public criticism and advice, you can't be surprised if the recipient tells you to fuck off.

cyrus's response confirms that she is not very bright and probably backs up o'connor's original point. but in the sunday independent today o'connor is demanding an apology. just let it go sinead...

Comment

O'Connor got involved, rightly or wrongly, because Miley Cyrus kept citing her as a creative inspiration.

Comment

Yes, and MC retweeted old tweets of Sinead's, from when she was mid-breakdown. That might lose Sinead work, if people think she's still in that state (although they should check, and everyone knows she has intermittent problems, so I personally think legal action would be OTT).

Sinead never considers the PR angle* (see her tweets and her blog, her colleagues are often tearing their hair out, metaphorically) and she's fairly upset, but this hasn't really damaged her. Someone was crowing on FB that SOC had only picked up 30,000 extra likes but MC had picked up, I dunno, around a million, but if I was working with Sinead I'd be very happy with that 30,000.

All the same, I hope she leaves it now.

*Edit: I mean she doesn't consider the effect on sales etc. of course she wants to make public statements etc. but it's sometimes the worst thing said at the worst time from a business perspective.

Comment

What kind of tickles me is what tickles me about any Ireland-American Southerner feud, and that's the fact that with many white southerners in the KKK or voting Republican or not having one functioning brain cell to realize a letter written with kindness is a call to go full retard, is that they're only a few generations removed from the motherland.

northern ireland and scotland are not ireland. we're not paranoid biblical literal protestants with a fucked up society based on shepherding culture, an obsession with public face, and total intolerance of insults.

Comment

I am not sure that Cyrus citing O'Connor as an influence on a part of her video is necessarily a carte blanche in itself for the open letter but critical faculties are disengaged all over the shop here, not least in some of the media reporting.

Comment

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote:
                                                northern ireland and scotland are not ireland. we're not paranoid biblical literal protestants with a fucked up society based on shepherding culture, an obsession with public face, and total intolerance of insults
                                                So you admit the twelve-toed sister-fcuking then?

Comment

Eggchaser wrote:
                                                  Originally posted by WOM

Imagine trying to put a sober, quiet word in Mr Bieber's ear as he single-handedly destroys his career.
                                                  He's already had his ARU contract torn up, silly boy.
                                                  Ha!

Comment

Culchie Halfwit Alert wrote:
                                                    Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
                                                    northern ireland and scotland are not ireland. we're not paranoid biblical literal protestants with a fucked up society based on shepherding culture, an obsession with public face, and total intolerance of insults
                                                    So you admit the twelve-toed sister-fcuking then?
                                                    no, just that northern Ireland has the worst political and religious culture in western europe, and their daughter society in america is either going to destroy the USA, or the environment, if they don't cover the world in mushroom clouds first.

It's just such a terrible terrible place.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X