Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come On Sinead, kick her fucking head in.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put the methpipe down miley and back away from the tweetmachine. Write I'm sorry on a big piece of cardboard, curl up in a ball and hope to have still have the power of movement when you wake up.

Open letter no.1

Intemperate reply

and the various replies are inaccessible because sinead's website is now too busy to deal with the traffic.

There is of course only ever going to be one Miley in Ireland.

She's probably right in what she's saying, but I couldn't get past

"I am extremely concerned for you that those around you have led you to believe, or encouraged you in your own belief, that it is in any way 'cool' to be naked and licking sledgehammers in your videos"

Without my mind turning instantly to the prosodic styles of Chris Morris.

Comment

The beauty, of course, is that Sinead wouldn't have listened to a goddamn thing anyone told her (and still probably wouldn't) when she was in her early years. Why would she think Miley will listen to her. You can't tell people shit, and young people even less.

Imagine trying to put a sober, quiet word in Mr Bieber's ear as he single-handedly destroys his career.

Comment

Why the fuck would I want to do that?!

Comment

Our Kid has gone done a quick blog on this.

All of it had passed me by, to be honest. As it should.

Comment

Imagine trying to put a sober, quiet word in Mr Bieber's ear as he single-handedly destroys his career.

like, "it's 2013, it's safe to come out of that closet now. It's not like most of your fans care either way."

The beauty, of course, is that Sinead wouldn't have listened to a goddamn thing anyone told her (and still probably wouldn't) when she was in her early years. Why would she think Miley will listen to her. You can't tell people shit, and young people even less.

it's more like she claimed to be on a sinead o'connor buzz, when kind of completely missing the whole point of sinead o'connor.

Comment

What is the point of Sinead O'Connor out of interest? The last thing she did that registered on my consciousness was advertising for men who liked back door action.

Comment

That's the next collaboration sorted then?

Comment

Lock up your daughters
                  And lock up your wife
                  Lock up your back door
                  And run for your life....

Comment

The last thing she did that registered on my consciousness was advertising for men who liked back door action.
                    Excuse me..?

Comment

She did. She was casting her net via Twitter, looking for a bloke, and one of the conditions which was stipulated was 'must like anal', or words to that effect.

Comment

Nothing compares to it apparently.

Comment

Well, some of her tweets do suggest at dyslexia, so perhaps she was insisting that whomsoever 'must like Alan' - I don't know, Partridge, Hansen, Turing...

Comment

dalliance wrote: What is the point of Sinead O'Connor out of interest? The last thing she did that registered on my consciousness was advertising for men who liked back door action.
                            Maybe that struck a chord with you, but she brought out a very good album last year and played some great gigs.

(btw, yes, I think she's right. She's certainly had her battles with record companies wanting her to have an abortion and change her image etc. but she's stood up for herself and for other women.)

Comment

She's better than Miley, anyway.

There's an Irish expression that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Sinéad is taking a kicking from the horsey set for attempting to point out where the well is.

Comment

Uh?

Comment

O'Connor's been taking quite a backlash over this in the last couple of days, from various people, including quite a lot of feminists.

Comment

Hmm. Her original letter is a bit judgemental of MC (and other women) but I think she's right about the exploitative nature of the music industry. She's very impulsive, so would have just dashed the first letter out, possibly without a single edit, and now she's angry so it's got a bit out of hand.

Comment

Maybe that struck a chord with you, but she brought out a very good album last year and played some great gigs.
                                      Yes, to be honest the anal bit did strike more of a chord than anything she has recorded for two decades.

Comment

Anal Dirgeprat?

That tattoo.
                                        Fucking hell. There really must be something seriously wrong with someone who'd do that to themselves.
                                        A friend of mine was her tour manager for years and some of his 'Mother Sinead' anecdotes are jaw-dropping. He liked her though but couldn't put up with the insanity.

Music industry in exploitation shocker. I remember an ex girlfriend of mine accusing me of being afraid of 'strong women' because I thought Destiny's Child were awful.

Comment

MsD wrote: Hmm. Her original letter is a bit judgemental of MC (and other women) but I think she's right about the exploitative nature of the music industry. She's very impulsive, so would have just dashed the first letter out, possibly without a single edit, and now she's angry so it's got a bit out of hand.
                                          You're not wrong! Rather blown up in Sinead's face but that is always a possibility if you pompously issue an open letter with advice that is neither wanted nor sought.

Comment

Firstly Of course she's being a bit patronizing. She's dealing with a complete fucking moron. I'm surprised that she didn't go straight for her when she said that her wrecking ball look was based on nothing compares 2u. Not only has she misunderstood the point of sinead o'connor and co-opted poor sinead into her public disintegration .

secondly I don't understand how a feminist could criticize O'connor from the point of view of feminism. she has a very good point. If you market yourself as a cross between a drug crazed whore, and an insane fetish toy, then people are only going to see you a certain way, and if you're doing this from the point of view of your career then it's suicidal. perhaps indeed it is every womans right to choose what they wish to do, but it's not clear that the tongue waggling huge pupilled cyrus is in control of anything.

thirdly, Of course sinead is intemperate and crazy. She's not very well, and does this sort of thing all the time. but you know, that's the way of her, and we're well used to it here, and there's a lot of warm feeling towards her, because we're not a country that necessarily expects a whole heap of sanity from many of our public figures.

So, you know, Fuck you miley.

Comment

While previously being of the persuasion that she is just being a 20 year old kid doing what many 20 year old kids do. However, her reaction to O'Connor leaves a lot to be desired whatever you think of the unsolicited open letter.

Comment

‘I am extremely concerned for you that those around you have led you to believe, or encouraged you in your own belief, that it is in any way ‘cool’ to be naked and licking sledgehammers in your videos.
                                                I've read this a couple of times now and each time I laugh.
                                                How can you be unaware of how mad that sounds?

Comment

Calvert wrote: Anal Dirgeprat?

That tattoo.
                                                  Fucking hell. There really must be something seriously wrong with someone who'd do that to themselves.
                                                  A friend of mine was her tour manager for years and some of his 'Mother Sinead' anecdotes are jaw-dropping. He liked her though but couldn't put up with the insanity.
                                                  Well yes, but he liked her - she's a nice person, by all accounts (can't be clearer on my connection without someone accusing me of "name-dropping") and not one to start a fight.

Miley Cyrus rattled her cage by citing NC2U as an influence. So the "unsolicited" letter was a response to that, and if a bit mamsie (put your cardie on, dear) was well-meant.

Agree with TAB.

And your last post Calvert, apart from Sinead's mental health issues, she's an impulsive, instinctive writer and that's often part of the make-up of a creative mind, rather than an analytical/critical mind. The two are not mutually exclusive, of course, but she's not the type to pore over something she's written, editing and re-editing.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X