Only Connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only Connect

Tuned in last night for a bit of top notch quizzing and the lovely Victoria of course. But ended up with the image of Kenneth Cope dressed as a nurse in a Carry On film!

Only Connect

a) Why is this in Football?
    b) Has a new series started?

Comment

Only Connect

c) What the fuck are you talking about?

Comment

Only Connect

I think Squarewheelbike is trying to indicate that last night's episode had a transsexual person on it. There were a lot of stupid and/or bigotted comments on Twitter about it too. Seems like it's everywhere these days.

Comment

Only Connect

I saw that (the only Connect episode, not the twitter bigotry). She was the daughter in a father-son-daughter team. I couldn't help wondering what a 1990s Jim Davidson would have made of her on the Generation Game.

Comment

Only Connect

What Hofzinser doesn't mention, modestly, is that he's on the show this series.

Comment

Only Connect

Heh, indeed I am. Our first appearance is this coming Monday, in fact.

Comment

Only Connect

Excellent, shall tune in for that.

Comment

Only Connect

Lovely....

But still doesnt explain

a)Why is this in Football....?

Comment

Only Connect

Dalef65 wrote: Lovely....

But still doesnt explain

a)Why is this in Football....?
                    Because I'm still getting my head round a new iPad and must've double clicked back by mistake!

Comment

Only Connect

I see

Comment

Only Connect

Hofzinser wrote: Heh, indeed I am. Our first appearance is this coming Monday, in fact.
                        "first appearance"?

Spoiler alert.

Comment

Only Connect

It's alright, there's a repechage thing now where you have to win two games to go through.

Comment

Only Connect

Oh right. That's OK, then.

I look forward to it, although no doubt the only bit I'll have any clue on will be the missing-vowels round, as usual.

Comment

Only Connect

I hate to tell you, but they add a delay in to the missing vowels round, so that you get extra time to solve it before the contestants buzz in. As a result, everyone thinks they do better at that round than the contestants do.

Comment

Only Connect

Curses.

Comment

Only Connect

WH TBN CHFC NTS

Comment

Only Connect

So Hof, what's your witty team-name tonight, then?

Comment

Only Connect

I look forward to it, although no doubt the only bit I'll have any clue on will be the missing-vowels round, as usual.
                                      Yes, I'm good at that round too. And the grid, usually.

I'd like to add for no good reason at all that Ms Coren has the coldest hands of any human I've ever met.

Comment

Only Connect

We are the Globetrotters (slightly fraudulently, given that I'm not at all well-travelled). This is we:

Edit: that didn't work - try this.

Comment

Only Connect

Hofzinser wrote: I hate to tell you, but they add a delay in to the missing vowels round, so that you get extra time to solve it before the contestants buzz in. As a result, everyone thinks they do better at that round than the contestants do.
                                          Of course they do...

Comment

Only Connect

Haha! I thought I'd get my excuses in early. Seriously, though, while it doesn't come across on the broadcast, our opponents were lightning fast on the buzzer. We buzzed in just a smidgeon too late several times.

Comment

Only Connect

Well done Hof- and you have a new fan in my Ma. "A very well-spoken young man".

I got the Beautiful South answer but few others. Back to Uni Challenge

Comment

Only Connect

Well done Hof, that was a superb wall that your team did, must have been one of the quickest in OC history.

Thought giving them colours instead of shades of red was a bit tough on you guys too. Usually, Victoria is pretty hot on exact answers.

And I won't mention the football question

Comment

Only Connect

nmrfox wrote: Well done Hof, that was a superb wall that your team did, must have been one of the quickest in OC history.

Thought giving them colours instead of shades of red was a bit tough on you guys too. Usually, Victoria is pretty hot on exact answers.

And I won't mention the football question
                                                  She tends to use discretion in the earlier rounds (especially now it's a repechage format), and tightens up considerably towards the semis and the final.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X