Morrissey book - what the f**k?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morrissey book - what the fuck?

Yeah, since the last update your posts only get displayed when you write them with a smile. Here, let me try:

Calvert wrote:
    ...but it could also be that Mozza is a political one-trick pony who judges everybody by their stance on animal rights.
    It's a pretty good indicator of someone's personality, it must be said.
    I've no time, for example, for the kind of arsewit who replies 'they're only horses' during a debate on cruelty in jump racing.
    I've never been a fan of his, and he generally talks a lot of auld shite, but I admired his stance on banning meat burgers from being sold at an arena show here a few years back. The whining was incredible but he insisted on it.
    It'll do you no harm to abstain from gristle for two hours.
    I've worked a few of his shows before and it's clear who the boss is. It appeared to be more of a waged backing band who hung around waiting on him to appear for sound check . Maybe that's changed, I dunno.
    Was that what you were going for?

Comment

Yeah, cheers.

Now I'm really intrigued where it went.

Comment

Combination of:
        - the board software being mis-updated such that quoted text is now displayed as white text on a white background, and:
        - you accidentally leaving out a [ in a closing quote tag, such that the entire post was interpreted as a quote.

My fix basically manually plunks loads of color tags in a post to override the white text problem. Wouldn't recommend that as a general strategy; it's just too much work. Everything is broken enough that I would expect this to be fixed quickly.

Comment

As so much of his output was pantomime miserabalism, the interesting part was his challenging of meat-eating and promoting of vegetarianism. Although there were many who were outspoken about vegetarianism in rock (Chrissie Hynde obviously), it seemed quite a small-p political stance to take for that whole Cure/Joy Division/Echo and the Bunnymen demographic. I wonder if there are many who were converted to vegetarianism by him who now feel like early endorsers of Dawkins before he started tweeting drunkenly.

Comment

It'd be worth it if his stance managed to open just one person's mind.
            That has absolutely happened. It must've done.

Comment

[quote=Calvert post=1284452]

I've worked a few of his shows before and it's clear who the boss is. It appeared to be more of a waged backing band who hung around waiting on him to appear for sound check . Maybe that's changed, I dunno.
              That's exactly how it is still, with long time lieutenant ex-Polecat "Boz" Boorer having a slightly higher status than the rest of the hired hands.

Comment

He canceled another US tour. I have no idea why anyone books him in the US. Since I've lived in Chicaago, he has been schedule to play here at least 5 times. Only one time has he shown up: Riot Fest last summer. Four times he has canceled and there might have been more. Granted, I never bought tickets for any of these shows. I saw him in 1991 or 1992 and haven't needed to since. But damn that's a lot of cancellations.

Comment

Calvert wrote: It'd be worth it if his stance managed to open just one person's mind.
                  That has absolutely happened. It must've done.
                  I am sure that the same with Dawkins but, when someone you respect the opinions of ends up being a bigoted dickhead, it must be a disappointment.

Comment

There are too many Morrissey bellendry threads to choose from, so I'll just leave this here.

Comment

It's possible that Mozza is celebrating the fact that Baldwin was gay, but I doubt it.

Comment

I've still not finished his book.

Comment

You must. Big United man too:

Comment

He's lost his Stretford rights, imho.

Comment

Not all he's lost, judging by the state of his jeans.

Comment

Shares in the tinfoil hat industry remain strong in these times of uncertainty for the economy:

"Mainstream media won't admit Marine Le Pen won the French general election debate"

Looks like the original post has since been deleted, though, unsurprisingly.

Comment

New single. Just how bad are these Kevin the Teenager lyrics?

https://genius.com/Morrissey-spent-t...-in-bed-lyrics

Comment

Ha! He's finally in the last stage of his transformation into Brian Appleton! :-)

Comment

Every new song that emerges carries with it these same distanced mitherings, offering nothing other than the irrelevance of his increasingly-questionable position on matters from which he ran away years ago. I mean, I could live with it on Irish Blood, English Heart since that possessed a decent tune (and was released more than a dozen years ago anyway) - but this is beyond self-parody. Can he really not see this?

To think of the warmth, empathy and dark humour in The Smiths' output, eh?

Anyway, bla bla. Who cares?

Comment

He's nearing 60 but cannot write a song with a mental age of more than 12.

Comment

Has just backed vile spittle flecked Islamophobe Anne Marie Waters and said she was robbed of the UKIp leadership.

Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                            New single. Just how bad are these Kevin the Teenager lyrics?

https://genius.com/Morrissey-spent-t...-in-bed-lyrics
                                            Have only just seen this. "No bus, no boss, no rain, no train." Fucking hell, he really didn't bother getting out of bed to write that one, did he?

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                              Has just backed vile spittle flecked Islamophobe Anne Marie Waters and said she was robbed of the UKIp leadership.

Heaven knows I'm miserable now.
                                              I was looking for a job and then
                                              I found that it had been given to a bloody immigrant
                                              And heaven knows...

Comment

This is the clip. Note how he has a go at the audience when they don't cheer or comprehend WTF he's on about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNY1wsr1h20

Comment

"You obviously don't read the news."

No, because the 'nooz' is there to frighten us. Remember?

Comment

Viz hit the nail on the head years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X