Morrissey book - what the f**k?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morrissey book - what the f**k?

A man who has become a total twat gets press attention for the fact that he and his publisher can't get their act together:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/is-morrisseys-autobiography-a-book-that-will-never-come-out-8815593.html

http://true-to-you.net/

Morrissey book - what the fuck?

We could pretty much repeat the Russell Brand thread here.

Comment

I'm not quite seeing the parallel. Morrissey was part of the most influential band of the 80s (irrespective of your opinion of the music), but his solo career has mostly been pants. He's been a has-been for a long time. Brand is either still at his peak and capable of doing good stuff, or he has always been crap, depending on your opinion.

The one similarity is that they both seem to have a knack of getting a lot of people's attention (including mine) despite their recent body of actual work being very thin.

Comment

The book doesn't exist from the sound of it.

Would a memoir from Morrissey be any good if he did get round to writing one? His public pronouncements have been so crabby and wilfully lacking in perspective for so many years now that it doesn't sound like a great prospect.

Johnny Marr was said to be writing an autobiography a couple of years ago. Is that close to publication? One can imagine Morrissey reacting oddly to the prospect of Marr's version of the story coming out.

Comment

i loved the bits of the book i saw linked on here, of morrissey (pre fame) writing to his scottish pen pal

Comment

This:

http://www.morrisseyscans.com/wordsbymorrissey

Comment

Has wingco not put up his excerpts of the Morissey autobiography on OTF?

Comment

Morrissey book - why the fuck?

Comment

G-Man - fuller version to come Friday. I'll post it then.

Comment

The one accusation that morrissey could never deny is that he has a huge head. I'm not just talking about just self regard, I mean it's never-getting-in -a-motorbike-helmet-even-bigger-than-mine. We're talking about an easter Island sized head here.

Comment

I first heard this story on the radio as "The release of Morrisey's autobiography has been postponed after he fell out with his publisher's penguin".

The actual story can never match that,

Comment

"How can you murder that herring, you vile and ghastly bird?"

Comment

I'm not going to start yet another new thread for the twat because he's almost certainly got Google alerts set up for his name, and is just laying at home wanking himself dry over the ever-increasing number of mentions!

Comment

Of course, he has Penguin Classics pretension previous. He got EMI to release his albums on the His Master's Voice label and, to an extent, there's the pseudo-Deutsche Grammophon cover of Ringleader of the Tormentors.

That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore.

Comment

Some interesting Smiths nuggets here, including a rare interview with Mike Joyce.

Comment

I think the most shocking bit of the Morrissey book is when he calls Andros Townsend a space monkey.

Comment

His brilliantly withering turn of phrase remains intact but I'm not sure you'd want to wade through 475 pages to pick out all the good examples.

He describes Mike Joyce as a 'flea looking for a dog' and others that caught my eye included 'slackly-shaped children' and 'lollipop ladies who smell of attics'.

Comment

Diable Rouge wrote: Some interesting Smiths nuggets here, including a rare interview with Mike Joyce.
                                    Must be something wrong with my font settings.

Comment

Alan? Or Steven?

Comment

Peter Serafinowicz

Comment

imp wrote: "How can you murder that herring, you vile and ghastly bird?"
                                          Belated applause for that.

Comment

A very belated 'indeed' for that.

evilc has just provided me with this extract which, perhaps, everyone knew about

"back-alley photo shoot where I lounge against a hep automobile that stands neglected and stranded in time. A sullen, idle posture is wasted as a seven-foot homeless blackface jumps in with: ‘You show up on these streets one more time and I will have you killed.’ I am impressed by my own composure, and by how at least some people have the nerve to get straight to the point."
                                            I mean 'blackface'? That doesn't even mean black person, it means someone blacked up to imitate someone who is black. He can't even be offensive correctly. Unless it really was someone who had blacked up in which case he is quite innocent.

Comment

I'm reading this in the post Christmas dinner lull, on account of having got a lend off our kid.

It's complete fucking garbage. I can deal with the way absolutely everything is overstated, but am truly shocked by how dire the man's prose is. He cannot fucking write.

Comment

That is what got me when I looked at a couple of extracts to check the context of a couple of comments similar to the above and that was what I came away with. It is a rubbish book. I think someone has sent me it as a joke Christmas present as well.

Comment

The first paragraph is four-and-a-half pages!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X