The Returned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Returned

Well I don't know about you but I thought that first episode was one of the most mind-blowing bits of TV I've seen in years.

Hope it doesn't disappear up its own arse like Lost did because some of the themes already introduced kept me up half the night. The "dead" twin meeting her Now 4-year-older sister and both of them screaming uncontrollably ... the old man unable to cope with the return of his dead wife who kills himself ... the scary little boy "Victor" who may or may not be a revenant, we don't know yet ... the reservoir levels dropping unexplainedly (what's THAT all about?).

Superb stuff. Chilling score, too.

The Returned

I thought it was an exceptional first episode. Looking forward to next week.

Comment

The Returned

Yup, it was excellent.

I've had the soundtrack album for a few months, an inspired move to get Mogwai on board, it's a wonderful piece of work.

Comment

The Returned

I missed the first episode, but shall get it on catch-up tonight. I was listening to the soundtrack last week, though, and, as said, it’s fantastic. It’ll be interesting to see how much of it makes it into the actual show.

Comment

The Returned

Agree, fantastic first episode. I reckon that the young boy "Victor" is key to it all in some way, and I'm curious to see what the outcome of *SPOILER* the girl from the bar who was murdered in the underpass will be.

Comment

The Returned

****SPOILER**** I only realised yesterday that not everyone was from the coach crash. Also, was there a suggestion that the twins might have swapped identities so to speak on the day of the crash...

Comment

The Returned

Watched the first episode last night. Excellent stuff. The premise is intriguing, but is heightened to a new level by the mountain-range surroundings, eerie lighting and fantastic Mogwai soundtrack. I hope it sticks to its guns, and doesn’t disappear up its own smoking-@ss ala Lost and the like.

**********Spoiler******************************

I got the impression the twins had swapped places before the crash, too. As for the girl in the underpass, I’m interested to see what becomes of her. Whether she will also return.

Comment

The Returned

Not seen episode 2 yet, but I thought the first episode was very good.

+++spoiler+++ thoughts

I'm not sure if the twins swapped identities or not, but if they had then Camille wouldn't have asked where Lena was when she returned home, would she?

My question is why is the small silent boy, Victor, attached to the doctor, who obviously doesn't know who he is?

Comment

The Returned

Watched the second episode last night. It burns slooooow, but still throws up intriguing little developments.

*********Spoilers***************

The connections being drawn between the underpass attacker/victims/creepy kid/barman are interesting, and I've no idea where it’s going. Ditto how the Simon lad first perished. And…och, I could go on. Anyway, I see that it’s only eight episodes long, which suggest they have the story arc worked out, rather than merely blagging it. I’m tempted to leave off watching them until its finished, then having a marathon viewing session. I’d need blabber-mouth repellent - or a modicum of self-restraint (see Game of Thrones RW cat/curiosity thread disaster) - so's to avoid spoilers.

Comment

The Returned

Keeps getting better top stuff tonight!

Comment

The Returned

**************spoilers**********

It's reminding me more and more of The Quiet Earth (the brilliant New Zealand apocalyptic movie). Apart from that, Ms Brown and I came up with about 25 different explanations for what's going on. But despite that - the notion of a puzzle to be solved - it remains a gripping drama first and foremost. I think that's what makes it so good: mood, vibe and character supersede all. It makes a change from your normal, tedious Sudoku-like dramas.

Comment

The Returned

The connection between the twins may not just be a twin thing, we decided after this week's:

*******************Possible spoilers**************

-the cop mentioned that Lucy Clarsen was a medium/clairvoyant and that the men got in touch with their lost ones while having sex with her

-and Simon's daughter seemed to know he'd done himself in simply by touching him

oh and I knew that Pierre were a wrong 'un...

******************end of**************************

Comment

The Returned

**********************Spoiler****************

They are always hungry, too, I noticed. No idea what that could mean, though.

Comment

The Returned

******************SPOILER*************************

Well Victor hadn't eaten in 35 years!

Comment

The Returned

*************Spoilers*************

So, episode five and we inch ever-closer to finding out what's going on.

Again, last night's show was filled with wonderful little details. Victor hunting down his own killer (Victor is a seven-year-old boy) was fantastically handled. They all seem to now be admitting that they know they're dead, but have no clue where they've been.

The scene with the divers discovering the drowned animals, suspended in the lake, was superb.

Comment

The Returned

Yes- I'd been looking fwd to seeing animals, since they appear in the title sequence.

Comment

The Returned

I've been binging this during this week, on Netflix. It's brilliant. I've only got one more episode to watch, and I wish it wasn't going to end.

A second series is in production though, happily.

Comment

Working...
                                  X