PRISM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRISM

One of those more-shocking-than-surprising stories, but Britain is eavesdropping on client-lawyer conversations and passing on the intercepts to its legal teams.

Comment

PRISM

Beat me to it, GY

Your characterisation is perfect

Comment

PRISM

Hacker retrieves German Minister of Defence's fignerprint using hi-res press photo and over the counter software, thereby proving the uselessness of biometric passports.

Here he is, presenting his findings:

Brilliant.

Comment

PRISM

The vast majority of biometric passports still use the photograph as the biometric identifier. There's a bit of personal information on the RF chip, alkong with your photo and a copy of the MRZ (machine readable zone - the 44 character long string of data at the bottom of your bio page).

Comment

PRISM

That's true, you don't give your fingerprints when you get an Irish passport.

Although the United States Department of Homeland Security, since this month, now has all 10 of my fingerprints.

Comment

PRISM

There's been a shooting outside the NSA headquarters in Maryland.

Reports are very sketchy at this time.

Comment

PRISM

You'd think that'd be the safest place to be!

Comment

PRISM

Not if you knew people who worked there.

Appears to have been a case of someone in a car trying to run the security barrier, and being shot in the attempt. Appears that one person is dead.

Comment

PRISM

There's now a clear need for increased powers to be given to the NSA. If there had been, this incident would never have happened.

Comment

PRISM

I'm assuming there's already been a blowhard on Fox saying this is all Snowdon's fault, as before him, no-one really gave a rat's ass about the NSA etc

Comment

PRISM

Well, now that it has been reported that the two guys in the car that tried to run the barrier were dressed in women's clothing and that cocaine was found in the car, I would expect Fox to take a different tack.

Comment

PRISM

ursus arctos wrote: Well, now that it has been reported that the two guys in the car that tried to run the barrier were dressed in women's clothing and that cocaine was found in the car, I would expect Fox to take a different tack.
                          When are The Darwin Award finalists announced?

Comment

PRISM

Oops!

Comment

Working...
                            X