• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
      Two stories for the price of one:

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/travel...ds/3329753002/

taken at face value, there's some sympathy for the woman who boarded a cruise ship in Miami for Delta to "send on" her missing luggage to Cayman which contained a gun and ammunition.

None at all for the bloke who's smuggled arms and ammunition into the country while he's building his resort complex.

And judging by his quotes he sounds like a right dick.
      Does having a gun license in one state permit you from carrying it in another?
      Are people so ignorant to not know that gun laws may be different in another country.

As for this other guy, I agree, I am suspicious that he wanted an unregistered gun in that country so that I will be night on impossible to trace back to him if he used it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
        Are people so ignorant to not know that gun laws may be different in another country.
        It's more that some people (I mean Americans, let's be honest here) don't realise it is actually another country, or in Canada's case, that it's any different from Minnesota or Iowa.

Comment

A few years ago a U.S family came in to my workplace asking for advice, they had been on a European cruise and somewhere along the line their son bought a decommissioned 2nd world war Luger in a market. They were flying home and needed to get rid of it, having ruled out mailing it or throwing it in the bin we eventually settled for them handing in to the police, the Guards said they'd get rid of it so they were happy, the cops have probably being playing cowboys with it ever since.

Comment

Does having a gun license in one state permit you from carrying it in another?
            No. Although the NRA has had overturning that particular rule as one of its primary "policy" goals for the last 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
              We issue prizes for reading other posts on the thread as well...
              I've yet to receive one, despite being in line for a "lifetime achievement award" on that score...

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/nickconfessore/status/1121899889141649408?s=21[/URL]

Comment

NO wonder they don't allow guns in the conference chamber.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    If they start talking about how the Irish were slaves, it may be time for an intervention.
                    This is a thing isn't it? This has to stop. Some Irish people were sent to the Carribbean as indentured servants after we became an important part of the cromwellian commonwealth. But that's not the same thing. Not by a long fucking shot. It was more like transportation to Australia, but you were far more likely to die before your term was up. There was plenty of Irish involvement in carribbean slavery, But as management, rather than staff. There's a reason so many slave rebellions happened on St Patricks day.
                    Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 26-04-2019, 22:52.

Comment

Nef, Good point

Well made

I can't describe how glad I am to finally be able to post some potentially positive news on this thread.

Comment

TAB, we've established before that you haven't been sending your best people.

It is very much a thing among the meathead diaspora, which is depressingly large, and has also become a "gotcha" point for alt Right idiots without any Irish ancestry.

Comment

They Were fine when we sent them.

There's something really satisfying about watching a pack of human rats devouring themselves isn't there? How big a threat are these NY lawsuits?

Comment

The New Yorker expose makes it pretty clear that they have violated a number of fundamental provisions of New York non-profit law.

I'm surprised that they didn't re-incorporate in a more friendly state after the wingnut takeover.
                            Last edited by ursus arctos; 26-04-2019, 23:28.

Comment

Will they still be able to do that?

Comment

I.don't think that doing so will eliminate the suit, though it is the kind of thing I can see them offering as part of a settlement.

Comment

TAB, we've established before that you haven't been sending your best people.

It is very much a thing among the meathead diaspora, which is depressingly large, and has also become a "gotcha" point for alt Right idiots without any Irish ancestry.
                                  Niall O'Dowd is certainly far from Best People and probably wasn't fine when he left. His publishing Irish Slavery BS in Irish Central and then the mealy mouthed equivocation non apology apology says it all about the chancer. Only just realized who his brother is. Not exactly towering intellectual giants that pair.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post

Niall O'Dowd ... Only just realized who his brother is.
                                    Please tell me it's George

Comment

I.don't think that doing so will eliminate the suit, though it is the kind of thing I can see them offering as part of a settlement.
                                      i must admit I know very little about Non-Profit law, or state law, soo,,,,,

What can New York do to the NRA? Why would New York allow them move as part of a settlement, particularly if they turn out to be a bunch of grifters masquerading as a far right hate group?

Comment

Because corporate law is primarily about process (especially where as here, there are no shareholders to protect), and is very much not criminal law.

Look at the Trump Foundation, which essentially violated every meaningful provision of New York non-profit law. They have been fined, agreed to disband as part of a settlement and will see the principals banned from leading other non-profits in New York

All of the fraud associated with those violations is well beyond the scope of non-profit law and is reserved to criminal law (which is still in play here).

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/timkmak/status/1122178934987198466?s=21[/URL]

LaPierre survives what looks like an attempted coup and Ollie North resigns. North claims that they are at risk of losing their non-profit status (which is a matter of Federal tax law and could well be fatal)

The rats in a sack analogy becomes more and more apt.

Comment

Another synagogue shooting

at least 1 dead

https://twitter.com/BreakingNews/status/1122252824191078401

Comment

This by the way is brilliant-and so true

[URL]https://twitter.com/chrispolpsych/status/1122183180499525632?s=21[/URL]

Comment

The suspect in this was also under investigation for the Escondido mosque arson attack.

Comment

The area around Poway and Escondido, and just inland from there is prime territory for California's racist loner libertarian gun-nuts.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/michaelskolnik/status/1122284380192419841?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                                                    X