No announcement yet.

A Well Regulated Militia . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An underreported aspect of this is the degree to which gun manufacturers have been the subjects of leveraged buyouts and otherwise taken on debt based on models that baked in Obama era rates of increase in sales.

Comment

It's hard to believe the NRA were once strong proponents of gun-control.

Comment

It was mostly a matter of who had the guns...

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          An underreported aspect of this is the degree to which gun manufacturers have been the subjects of leveraged buyouts and otherwise taken on debt based on models that baked in Obama era rates of increase in sales.
          Hmm those Leveraged Buy outs sound like a terrible Idea. Thank god no-one has ever thought of bringing them to these islands.

Comment

Thanks UA.

It does look very money-driven. How to create new market drivers as you approach saturation...

BTW, no offence intended to US posters by my What A Fucking Country line above. My gob was in a state of smackedness.

Comment

We say stuff like that all the time

Comment

BTW, I don't think it's been noted that this is not yer average evangelical conservative rural Pennsylvania church. These are a splinter faction of the Moonies (for a group claiming to be the Unification church, they're not at all unified) led by one of the sons of the original Rev Moon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyung_Jin_Moon

Comment

interesting...I thought the name sounded a bit strange for a church, but didn't do any investigation.

Comment

There is an ongoing armed hostage situation in a Veterans home in Northern California (Abbotsville?)

Comment

Yountville. In the heart of the Napa Valley. Largest veterans home in the country.

Comment

Thanks ua. No idea why I said Abbotsville.

Comment

I would imagine that any OTFer who has been to the Napa Valley would have seen this facility, which is huge. SB mentioned The French Laundry earlier today, which is in Yountville.

Reportedly the number of hostages is down to three, and one hopes this is resolved without bloodshed.

Comment

The suspect and three women employees are dead.

Comment

Another school shooting, this time in Maryland. No reports on injuries or fatalities as yet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43474309

Comment

Reports of a shooting in Inglewood, California too -

https://twitter.com/Culvercity311/st...02882699841537

Comment

Emma González - the greatest public speaker since forever.

She's18 years old. Talking to a million people in Wahington and millions more around the worlf.

https://twitter.com/TheRickyDavila/status/977650055678132225

Comment

Lafayette was 19 when he volunteered to help Washington. Sometimes young people can do amazing things when the situation demands it. These kids suffered a horrible trauma. Lafayette’s in-laws were getting on his nerves.

I didn’t go to the local march we had this morning. I just felt weird about being the lone 45 year old guy among a bunch of kids. But apparently a lot of older people were there including some friends. So I could have gone and I wouldn’t have looked like a narc or a perv.

I generally have a weird phobia about crowds.* those pictures of the crowds in DC give me the heebee geebees.

*And yet, it doesn’t seem to apply at sporting events. Perhaps because everyone (in the US) has a seat.

I couldn’t handle those crowded terraces like in the Bundesliga.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                                      I generally have a weird phobia about crowds.* those pictures of the crowds in DC give me the heebee geebees.

*And yet, it doesn’t seem to apply at sporting events. Perhaps because everyone (in the US) has a seat.

Ditto. Concerts and ticketed sporting events are fine. Festivals and that are out of the question.

Comment

Has this been mentioned yet? ...

-

-

Available from here.

Comment

That’s excellent. But probably defies copyright.

Comment

Has anyone seen the comments by that Eagles of Death Metal cunt? I'm not linking them, but I really really hope one of his gun's goes off while he's cleaning it.

Comment

I saw a Wiggum sign like that online also. I wish I had thought of something like that before going to the LA march on Saturday. It's encouraging to see what from appearances are many "regular" people at the march. You can tell that these aren't people that went to many demonstrations prior to Trump, and while that's a problem, it's good that they're taking time out of their lives to do something like this. There were also so many young people there, that was the most moving thing of all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                                                Lafayette was 19 when he volunteered to help Washington. Sometimes young people can do amazing things when the situation demands it. These kids suffered a horrible trauma. Lafayette’s in-laws were getting on his nerves.

I didn’t go to the local march we had this morning. I just felt weird about being the lone 45 year old guy among a bunch of kids. But apparently a lot of older people were there including some friends. So I could have gone and I wouldn’t have looked like a narc or a perv.

It was pretty uncomfortable at the LA march while we waited to actually start marching. We were really far back from the stage and couldn't here anything, and were at the back of where the street closures were, and more people kept coming in, so people were starting to try to push people forward. Thankfully we were also near a big square, so that was kind of a relief area where people could spill over into.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                                  Emma González - the greatest public speaker since forever.

She's18 years old. Talking to a million people in Wahington and millions more around the worlf.

https://twitter.com/TheRickyDavila/status/977650055678132225
                                                  And here's how the far-right gun nuts are demonising her:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.558fd7b5ccce

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                                                    I saw a Wiggum sign like that online also. I wish I had thought of something like that before going to the LA march on Saturday. It's encouraging to see what from appearances are many "regular" people at the march. You can tell that these aren't people that went to many demonstrations prior to Trump, and while that's a problem, it's good that they're taking time out of their lives to do something like this. There were also so many young people there, that was the most moving thing of all.
                                                    Why is that a problem?

I don’t think marches actually so much but help people feel less alone and maybe help get them energized for the real efforts of getting out the vote and such.

I certainly wouldn’t want to go on one of those big city demos, but I could go to one around here. They usually get just about a thousand or so people and aren’t cramped.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X