No announcement yet.

Technology that makes me feel incredibly old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watches that you don't have to wind up...

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCArchiv...41701252091904

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
      Watches that you don't have to wind up...
      Self-winding watches having been around since the 18th century …

Comment

Infix

Comment

Speaking of Telegram and Iran...

Comment

Another technology that doesn't so much make me feel incredibly old, so much as think "what are you doing you young idiots": URL shorteners. In the age of smartphones and tablets with decent browsers and operating systems there is no need for a URL shortener. There is absolutely no need for a site-specific URL shortener. How the fuck am I suppose to know ex ante that, say, youtu.be is legit and not some phishing site?

Comment

Digital signatures. I somehow can't figure out how they work, even though they make sense.

Comment

More Telegram scams. Also, I was very confused/amused by this:
                Rod McLeod, a spokesperson for Kik, a messaging app that had its own ICO in September, cited Telegram’s “strong community management controls for cryptocurrency projects” as the chief reason it moved its Kik token communications to the platform. “Many projects and cryptocurrency community members were already on the app, which made it an easy choice,” he said.
                It doesn't say much for your confidence in your own messaging app ecosystem if you're using another messaging app.

Oh yeah, and an another exchange was hacked and lost $500m of crypto.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                  Digital signatures. I somehow can't figure out how they work, even though they make sense.
                  They're based on public/private key cryptography, aren't they?

Comment

A Russian court has just upheld a ban on Telegram, meaning it must be blocked by ISPs unless it wins its appeal (fat chance).

Comment

Working...
                    X