Our own compositions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our own compositions

That sounds like the sort of thing I did at about the age of 13/14. With dreams of popstardom, I used to write songs and then make recordings of them on tape, accompanying myself on acoustic guitar. I've still got those tapes somewhere but it would embarass me hugely to listen to them now.

Comment

Our own compositions

When I was 13, my work had two main themes: 1) girls I fancied, and 2) hospital closures.
      Are there any worthier subjects for pop songs than this in any case?

Comment

Our own compositions

I used to (like, 25 years back) do a sort of singer/songwriter set, doing mostly my own stuff and a couple of covers. I was big in Ilfracombe (well, not so much big, as totally unknown, but I did raise £70 for Amnesty at one of my gigs).

Comment

Our own compositions

Bored, who did the cover version of your song?

Comment

Our own compositions

Surely a hospital closures-themed mix CD is now on the cards.

Comment

Our own compositions

When I was about 17 I started a thread on the old (old) board as A Nonny Mouse where I posted rubbish lyrics I'd written (though I then believed them to be good). I've got an 88 page World file of them still saved on my old PC. I might put some up on here later if I'm feeling so inclined. You can quite clearly trace my 'Mercury Rev phase', my 'Joy Division phase' and my 'Bob Dylan phase' through the lyrics.

In the meantime (and without lyrics), my band's myspace lives here:

www.myspace.com/theexploitsofelaine

Comment

Our own compositions

I don't know who he was in that had Peel Sessions but he's said before he was in this lot ;

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=14433 20522
                Hey, I have to work with these people!

Comment

Our own compositions

Bored, who did the cover version of your song?
                  A band called Acid Donk who became American Suitcase.

WOM, I will out myself as I can't embarres myself anymore on this board.

It isn't very interesting. I was in a band called The Milk Monitors who were around the same time as Snuff and Mega City Four and were like The Senseless Things' lazier but better older brothers. We never got anywhere but it was fun

Assuming you know who any of those are, otherwise we supported The Damned once.

It was a time where anyone could get a Peel session if you had a good manager

Comment

Our own compositions

So, did you join 'Kiss of the Gypsy' after them then?

Comment

Our own compositions

Thanks for ressurecting this thread after I killed it dead with that bombshell.

Obviously, I am lying about The Milk Monitors to gain some vague credibilty.

Before Kiss of The Gypsy, I was with Horse (London), Danger Danger and then Dream THeater

Comment

Working...
                      X