American Horror Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Horror Story

Anyone watching it? Just three episodes into Season 1 and...wow...

American Horror Story

I watched the whole first series solely because I have a little bit of a crush on Friday Night Lights's's Tami Taylor (Connie Britton) and her fabulous hair.

It has a lot going for it, but even when one accepts that it wears its comic book horror-schlock proudly on it's sleeve, I still had a little bit of an issue with the plausibility of it all. Too many well worn horror tropes for my liking too. Bonkers.

Comment

American Horror Story

Isn't that made by the people who invented Glee?

As for Connie Britton, Luke, you ought to get your fix of her on the quyiuyte entertaining and equally irritating Nashville series.

Comment

American Horror Story

I've heard very good things about season one, and I've put it in my queue to watch once TWD and Justified wrap up. I understand the latest season isn't quite as good.

Comment

American Horror Story

G-Man wrote: As for Connie Britton, Luke, you ought to get your fix of her on the quyiuyte entertaining and equally irritating Nashville series.
          The story didn't catch me. I watched the first couple of episodes and decided that despite the wonderful Ms.Britton and that other lass (the short, mean, cute one), there wasn't enough beautiful people in it for me.

Sometimes one has to bail out early after considering the time investment a show like this demands.

Comment

American Horror Story

We're half way through now and quite digging it. We're not too concerned about the horror story clichés because we're not horror movie fans. All of it is new to us.

Comment

American Horror Story

I started to watch the first season when it originally aired, but for some reason I can't remember, I didn't stick with it. I started up again with S2, and it was crazy, just overloaded with all kinds of tropes of horror and evil as well as taboos from the early 1960s, when it was set. I don't usually watch horror much, either, but for some reason the combination of all the clichés was compelling. Oh, yeah, and a whole lot of scenery chewing was the icing on the cake.

Comment

American Horror Story

Yeah, there is a fair bit of 'actors working very, very hard' in Season One.

Comment

American Horror Story

I can't believe I liked it, but it was great in its total weirdness.

Comment

American Horror Story

It's the weird shit that's hooking me.

**Ahead be mild spoiler!**

EG: The way the redhead maid is 'perceived' by different people is interesting. Stuff like that.

Comment

American Horror Story

Ginger Yellow wrote: I've heard very good things about season one, and I've put it in my queue to watch once TWD and Justified wrap up. I understand the latest season isn't quite as good.
                      That's about what I'd say. Quite enjoyed the first series, for its silliness. Series two started off not quite as good and descended into being absolutely bloody awful. I'm not sure why my girlfriend and I finished watching it.

Comment

It's tradition that I come to this kind of thing seven years too late (when 'AHS' Series One came out), but last night I watched the first three episodes of S1, at the behest of my youngest, who's a long term fan. I used to watch a lot of schlock horror films as a teenager, so it's inevitable that certain clichés and tension scenarios repeat themselves, no matter how talented the producers are. But I was glued to this, and only fatigue stopped me watching the next nine episodes. As for plausibility - come on, everyone hangs their disbelief on a meat hook when they watch this stuff.

Can't remember when I gave up on Nashville - I think I watched the first two series, which is about my standard before they run out of plots. So I'm pleased there's a new set-up with every new AHS series.

Comment

I enjoyed series one and two but didn't progress to later episodes.

Season two left me with The Singing Nun in my head for weeks afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                          X