No announcement yet.

Bitcoin and NFTs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is amazing you can shift 20% of a company and maintain a $1.7 bil valuation.

Comment

Yeah, the share price has proved remarkably resilient, considering. The other shoe will drop eventually, I imagine, either when the ESMA regs kick in, or when the founders sell their remaining stock.

Comment

I would guess that their customers hold a significant portion of the non-control shares.

Comment

I would guess that their customers hold a significant portion of the non-control shares.
          Probably quite a good hedge for their trading activity, now that you mention it.

Comment

Um....

Name Julian Judd
            Position/status PCA to director Penny Judd

Comment

Ecofin punts on ICOs for now:

We also had a good exchange of views on crypto-assets. We see that crypto-assets are here to stay. Despite the recent turbulence, this market continues to grow.

In particular initial coin offerings, or ICOs, we see they have the potential to emerge as a viable form of alternative financing. Already last year, ICOs helped raise over 6 billion dollars in funding and this year this figure will be substantially bigger.

At the same time, we also see risks linked to a lack of transparency, so there are risks for investment protection and market integrity, but also in the form of money laundering, potential fraud or hacking.

So we need to continue monitoring the developments in this area, and we need to do so also in cooperation with our international partners at the Financial Stability Board or G20 level.

One challenge with crypto-assets is how to categorise and classify them, and whether and how to apply existing EU financial rules to these assets or if we need new EU rules.

In this context, we are currently working together with European Supervisory Auhtorities on what we call regulatory mapping of crypto assets to answer exactly these questions. Many Member States today supported the need for such mapping, so we expect to conclude this assessment later this year. This will provide a solid ground to build on and to decide on further steps in this area.

Comment

Little experience....investing novice....huh, who'd have figured.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/11/inv...tim/index.html

Comment

It takes some work to be down 96%. He must own some Crypto Kitties in that retirement portfolio.

Comment

Especially from November, which was before most, though certainly not all, of the big spike. The article talks about him trying to "mitigate" losses by, um, diversifying to other crypto. I can only imagine he bought into things like ETH and XRP before they suffered their even bigger falls. Or there are ICO losses not mentioned in the piece.

Comment

I don't understand Juventus culture

Comment

I wonder how CONSOB is going to react to that (to the extent they react to anything in the current climate).

Comment

So the other shoe finally seems to be dropping for Tether, trading well below a dollar. I guess we'll find out for real now just how much of Bitcoin's volatility was driven by it.

Remember, these are the "stablecoins".
                          Last edited by Ginger Yellow; 16-10-2018, 09:19.

Comment

Why is Steve Wozniak schlepping crypto bullshit with borderline fraud Michelle Mone?

Comment

Boredom?

All that weed finally catching up with him?

Comment

Speaking of when did "co-founder" become a tech term of art to mean "someone famous we brought on long after founding to give us credibility"

Comment

It’s an oldish VC trick, methinks

Comment

Obviously all new currencies are flawed in the extreme, but this hasn't stopped people from jumping on every new bandwagon they see. In my case this is Initiative Q (primarily because the actual investment is zero*) If anyone wants to join me in the life of luxury and free money that is just around the corner here is your link https://initiativeq.com/invite/rbZtxt6im (Obviously as I got onboard before you, my yacht will be slightly bigger than yours)

(*Well, obviously apart from my already poor reputation)

Comment

It seems to be a highly effective way to get people you'd never in a million years expect to get into pyramid schemes, to get into pyramid schemes.

Comment

Another invite code, if anyone is interested:
                                        https://initiativeq.com/invite/HXUjnekhX

Comment

Is blockchain bollocks over?

Comment

Also, I missed it on the day, but the ECON committee got rid of Fox's provisions on ICOs in the crowdfunding regulation

Comment

Looking forward to the point we get a reversion of the man who paid $80,000 for a beer using bitcoin with the guy who bought a Lambo for $8.

Comment

As of now, Bitcoin is down 11.5% on the day. The historic price charts on various timescales remind me of the Rembrandts' lyric from the Friends theme song, "When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month or even your year". Schadenfreude-tastic.

Comment

Guy in work still can’t work out how to actually cash out. Think he had twenty grand on a small investment last year.

Comment

This Bitcoin price plunge is really quite striking. I wonder if there's something wrong with what I believe analysts call "the fundamentals"?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X