No announcement yet.

Bitcoin and NFTs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fascinating portrait of the people who bought into the thankfully now late Sergei Mavrodi's many, many ponzi schemes and how he (mostly) got away with them.

Comment

Fascinating indeed

Comment

This ICO purports to be doing things by the book and for once is actually sponsored by an existing company doing basically the same thing in meatspace, but the airdrop approach seems like a liability nightmare. There are rules about promoting a securities offering. Rules which the people being paid (albeit in kind) to promote the ICO almost certainly do not know and quite possibly don't even care about, because crypto means laws don't matter.

Also, this is a Reg D offering. My understanding is that people who get the tokens won't be able to sell them except to other accredited investors. No mention of that in the white paper, which seems to assume that the tokens will trade freely on exchanges.

Also, this seems weird.
        CryptoMillionsLotto is completely transparent. It is based on the outcome of the twice-weekly
        German National Lottery (6aus49), where players select 6 numbers from 1-49 plus a bonus
        number between 0-9. There is no possibility of manipulating the results because the winning
        numbers are identical to those of the German National Lottery, whose draws are televised live and
        published on the internet. Prizes are awarded for matching 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 of the winning numbers
        with the jackpot awarded for picking all 6 winning numbers together with that of the bonus
        number.
        I'd have thought that the German lottery would have some kind of IP interest in those numbers. There's no mention of any licensing arrangement. Or, for that matter, what happens if the German lottery stops or changes its format.

Comment

https://twitter.com/mdudas/status/995652924738015232

Comment

Ripple (assuming that's XRP) is not surprising is it? It's a token designed to be used as a crossing currency that is not being used as a crossing currency. The founders still have basically all the supply (or is in "escrow"). Not sure what Stellar is.

Comment

NY Post, so caveat lector, but still

Also, you know there's something wrong when people are talking about getting "super-dope rich" in compliance.

Comment

Why are their cars wearing gimp suits?

Comment

Jose Canseco has an ICO! Of course he does.

Comment

I enjoyed reading this submission to the Commons' Treasury Committee. Probably because it's fairly cynical in tone and I'm fed up with everything being about blockchain.

http://data.parliament.uk/writtenevi...ten/82032.html

Comment

You may want to register for Alphaville then, as Kaminska regularly posts there on crypto mania.

Comment

Yes, I read her every now and then.

Comment

Get your tiny violins out:

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1008957156819914752

Comment

Looks like Kaminska's giving evidence today.

Comment

What a triumph for all involved.

Comment

Just 'one short year' to realize 'massive profits'? Where do I sign up?

Also, do we have any idea of the total holdings (stealings?) of financial.org?

Comment

Well, despite it being described as a UK company it doesn't seem to be registered at companies house, under that name anyway, and the FCA notice gives a German/Austrian/Swiss company name as well, so I suspect it's more trouble than I can be bothered with to find its financials. Not that they are likely to be accurate anyway.

Comment

About 18 percent of cryptocurrency-related posts on Reddit, Twitter and online forum Bitcointalk.org now originate from bounty campaigns, according to Solume, which monitors social-media posts on digital tokens. That compares with about 6 percent in January.
                                    That's worse than even I would have expected. I wonder how that compares to pump-and-dump stock posts.

Comment

I doubt that it is close to that, especially if you exclude the BLOCKCHAIN! crowd.

The pump and dump crowd is more centralised and focuses on a different group of marks.

Comment

Incidentally, the ICO referenced in that article, 4New, is truly spectacular. It's basically a waste-to-energy plant, with a crypto-token, because, um, mining crypto-tokens takes energy. They could just not have the tokens and be a larger net energy producer. It's literally creating the problem it purports to solve.

Comment

Crypto scammers are running crypto scam compliance scams.

Comment

Remember Steorn, the bizarrely long-lived but now insolvent perpetual motion company? Guess what? Its ex-CEO is now pushing crypto!

Comment

Steorn really raised 23 million pounds? Holy shit...

How many suckers are out there?

Comment

Anyone else an armchair fan of Elio Motors? They've chewed through a King's ransom in funding to build their hyper-fuel efficient three-wheeled car, yet never get any closer to actually building and selling them. It's not a sham...it's a real car, but they apparently just can't get the dang thing launched. Some 65,000 people have a deposit on them, but I'd imagine that most of those consider their money gone for good.

Comment

https://twitter.com/crypto/status/1016400010425094144?s=19

Comment

How the hell did they get @crypto?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X