Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869
Results 1,701 to 1,709 of 1709

Biscuit
    Oviedo
    Y'see, when we had a guy who did this - it was like a nasal impression of someone starting a Harley - another guy in the office started parodying it.

He'd hoped a penny might drop. Alas no.

Biscuit
    Oviedo
    My role at the moment is data migration. It's an odd mix of low intensity for months followed by a period of pandemonium when the system actually gets implemented.

There are rehearsals for the pandemonium - stress tests, so to speak - where we practise the steps.

But here's what exasperates me.
    For the rehearsals we work from home. We all have office space, dual screen monitors, peace, quiet. When it's needed you can step away from your PC, take stock, compose yourself, make a cuppa. If you feel the need to bollock someone you can vent on an email, then instead of hitting <send> redraft it and write a constructive message.
    In short it's an approach that works.

Now, actual go live. Let's scrub all the above, and instead fly people from all over Europe to one nominated city, shove them into a cavernous yet comically full and deafeningly noisy office where they're packed like battery hens, crouching over their laptops with barely enough elbow room to press CTRL-ALT DEL, then shout " Go!".

Remember it's also vitally important to regularly interrupt people deep in concentration and ask for status updates.

Try to be kind. Even when you don't want to.
    Teams
    Shrewsbury Town, Wales, Cardiff Devils
    Biscuit
    Oreo McFlurry
    Actor
    Chris Pratt
    I'm being asked to find rooms for focus groups for two weeks time for free in an evening.

They still haven't recruited anyone for the groups either.

Biscuit
    Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
    <MsD checks her inbox...>

They couldn't afford me. Oh hang on, I did one for a 11.50 and a chocolate last week.

The boss (really, my client, but the boss of the business) came in for half an hour today and thanked me for "running around and sorting everything out". I actually had my feet up for much of the day �� on social media, but I did sort out a few things that counted, and gave him a cup of tea with a couple of biscuits, which seems to count for a lot. Anyway, I've updated the website out of guilt now.

New case management and time recording system swings into play at the start of October. Two of the members of staff who know the most about it (having assisted in the coding and test runs) are on holiday that week, another is pregnant.

Bear in mind some people in the office are still using the legacy system from before the one that's being replaced and no one will be allowed to use anything but the new one.

Mary Berry's got a job, so why don't you get a job?
    Teams
    Tamworth, Lincoln City
    Biscuit
    Viennese Whirl
    Actor
    Woody Harrelson
    The PA to the CEO has invited us all to join him for a "webinar". I am refusing to log in purely on the principal that this is not a real word and anyone who uses it should have their tongue cut out with some infant-safe plastic scissors

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    I'm being asked to find rooms for focus groups for two weeks time for free in an evening.
    Pub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    They still haven't recruited anyone for the groups either.
    Also pub.

When they question your choices, say wtf else did they expect on a zero budget? Pay peanuts and get monkeys.