Page 1004 of 1374 FirstFirst ... 450490495499410021003100410051006101410541104 ... LastLast
Results 25,076 to 25,100 of 34350
    Teams
    Reading
    Biscuit
    Chocolate Butternut Snap
    Quote Originally Posted by Femme Folle View Post
    Our company has an employee whose name is Chad. He talks very fast, like someone who shouldn't have had those last three cups of coffee.
    I hope heís not annoying you too much FF. Donít go hanging Chad now.

Biscuit
    Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
    Bet he's got dimples.

"Friend of Mr. T"
    Biscuit
    Jaffa Cakes
    He's in our south Jersey office, so I haven't met him in person. He was leading a conference call because the regular guy was out sick.

Good one, Sits.

Police helicopter circling the neighborhood

FF likely to have a better view than we do.

Not my favourite sound.

Teams
    Oxford United
    Biscuit
    Petit Ecolier (milk chocolate)
    We get them remarkably often over our little low-rise bit of suburbia. They always make announcements just as they're turning over distorted speakers, so you only hear fractions of what they say. This leads, almost inevitably, to people going outside to try and listen better, for two or three more circles. Which isn't helpful when they're telling you to stay indoors...

"Friend of Mr. T"
    Biscuit
    Jaffa Cakes
    Sorry, just looked out the window and didn't see anything. There's always so much helicopter activity around here that I have tuned it out. Not just helicopters, but all sorts of aircraft--fighter jets too.

"Friend of Mr. T"
    Biscuit
    Jaffa Cakes
    Crusoe: If you don't get a cat, you will never know the joy of cleaning cat sick off your rug, your bed, your sofa, your shoes, etc., etc., etc. You do eventually get used to the sound--I can even hear it in my sleep sometimes. Now, excuse me while I go clean up this mess before I go to bed.

I can well believe that vomit cleaning is a skill that Crusoe has already acquired...

Biscuit
    Oviedo
    Doesn't Teddy clean up the sick?

Teams
    Oldham & Farnborough
    Surprisingly little vomit cleaning, GO, though toilet training small children teaches other equally unappetising skills.

A bastion of rightness in a wrong old world.
    Teams
    Liverpool
    Biscuit
    Jaffa Cake
    The cub breezed through toilet training. Although he still wants to show me his ring after a dump to make sure he's wiped successfully.
    TO be honest I think he does it because he knows I don't want to see.

Teams
    Norwich City
    I think I mentioned on here once how our dog used to help herself to the contents of the potty after first-born had finished a job.

Toothbrushing is a far more painful process than toilet training with children, and you have to do it for years. Do the arithmetic: 2 children, 2 minutes, 2 times a day = 1 hour every week brushing other people's teeth, not including their faffing-around time.

This is why events unnerve me
    Teams
    Leicester City
    Biscuit
    Dark chocolate hobnob
    Human excrement is a very powerful scent to dogs and our labrador especially loves sniffing it out and eating it when we go out walking in the woods. As there are no bears that I'm aware of in the environs of South Yorkshire I cannot report if her or our other dog prefer that to human poo.

Islam didn't eat your hamster
    The dog ate #2 son's turd the other day from the potty. The wife is horrified and the dog is canine non grata right now.

There has been a spate of car break ins again, with people shocked that if you leave your car unlocked, sometimes people open it and take stuff. The sheltered life some folk expect in the suburbs is quite mind-boggling.

Biscuit
    Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
    Word. The two FB community groups I belong to are rife with 'car break ins'. Of course, the people always post "No...it wasn't locked."

I mean, seriously. What is it...1955 in rural Arkansas? It's a city of 5 million people, with teenagers walking around 24/7. Eejits.

I don't recall breaking into cars as a teenager, but then again, I'm not from Toronto...

A bastion of rightness in a wrong old world.
    Teams
    Liverpool
    Biscuit
    Jaffa Cake
    The dog ate #2 son's turd the other day from the potty. The wife is horrified and the dog is canine non grata right now.
    This is why it never ceases to appal\amaze me that people let their dogs lick their faces.

Biscuit
    Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
    I don't recall breaking into cars as a teenager, but then again, I'm not from Toronto...
    Yeah, my daughter gets testy when I blame shit like that on teenagers. So I ask her "Well, who do you figure smashes beer bottles on a children's playground? The old Italian women who walk around the neighbourhood?"

I was previously unaware of this important ancillary benefit of our family's preference for minature dachshunds . . .

Islam didn't eat your hamster
    Typically around here car break ins blamed on the poorer town next door. We have had a few cars stolen cos people leave the keys inside as well. I get the joyriding round here - we have a parkway (dual carriageway) where you will never get stopped for speeding as there is no hard shoulder. Hell, I got the Prius going over 100 downhill with a prevailing wind on there.

Though recently some teens got caught for stealing a police cruiser which is rather dreadful decision making.

Teams
    Oxford United
    Biscuit
    Petit Ecolier (milk chocolate)
    We get the same complaints about spates of break-ins, on our "Nextdoor" app full of curtain-twitchers. It usually goes like this.

"Crime is just out of control in this neighbourhood! Someone took the tools from the back of my truck in the night."

"We really need to bring this massive crime wave to an end and get police involve. Someone took the $100 I left on the seat of my car last night. I shouldn't have to lock the doors on my car!"

and so on...

Biscuit
    Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
    One of the lunatics on 'our' group was agonizing over the 'Day Spa' (featuring European Ladies) in a down-at-the-heels strip plaza about 5 km from our actual neighborhood.

Another chimed in that 'people from outside the area' were likely responsible for overturning her patio furniture.

I chimed in that it was probably frustrated European Ladies from the Day Spa. I got flamed for a while after that for 'belittling peoples legitimate fears'. Uh huh.

Hooray, you've stopped talking about poo.

treibeis not the only personable responsible for a German sporting venue to be plagued by rodents

From Leverkusen-Bayern this afternoon.

"Friend of Mr. T"
    Biscuit
    Jaffa Cakes
    Aw, it's so cute!