Page 1181 of 1373 FirstFirst ... 18168110811131117111791180118111821183119112311281 ... LastLast
Results 29,501 to 29,525 of 34315
    Quote Originally Posted by MsD View Post
    I have to sort a load of stuff out later today. Should have done it months ago or just not hoarded to begin with.

A Facebook friend recently circulated a meme that said, "It isn't hoarding if your stuff is really cool." Unfortunately, that is complete bollocks.

Innit. A lot of my cool stuff is going to have to go in the bin as it's not cool enough to make me want to drag it along the street and up the stairs.

Biscuit
    Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
    If you can learn to part with books you've read (and will honestly never, ever read again) and clothes you haven't worn in a year, you're miles ahead of the game.

Teams
    Celtic/Yankees/Arsenal/Sparta Rotterdam
    Biscuit
    TRIIIIIIIIIIIIO's
    I have definitely given away at least 1000 books in my lifetime. And I haven't bought a book since I've been here. Maybe that's a sign (although I have yet to find another good bookstore, after the first one I found here, shut down). The libraries here are excellent.

Nostalgia For An Age Yet To Come
    Teams
    L.F.C. Kings Lynn Town/Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Incandenza View Post
    Saw Peter Hook (or his social media person) saying in a FB comment that there will indeed be a New Order set. They are very responsive on FB, reply to comments, say ahead of time what time they go on stage and when they should be finished, and they post set lists the next day.
    This following is a saddo post...

Whenever Peter Hook (and many other British artists besides) are in Boston to play at the Paradise, it is well known that many pop into 'In Your Ear Records' which is located (well hidden) in a basement shop, a few doors down from the Paradise. I can be found in there most weekends and made a point to be there on the afternoon of the Hook gig the other saturday, knowing that they would have their sound check and likely pop down to the shop to purchase goodies. Aside from me and the owner, there was only one other customer around. At 4pm I hear footsteps coming down the stairs and lo and behold it's Fredy Sablan (the bands' new bassist - not even a Brit), not Peter Hook. Hooky is ill he tells the owner and skipped the soundcheck. I discretely make sure my original pressing of Closer is not visible in my carrier bag and keep browsing, quietly weeping. I wanted to ask him all about recording in the shrine of 10cc....

Teams
    UCLA, Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy
    Biscuit
    Trader Joe's Maple Leaf cookies
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjm View Post
    I saw him in January and he was excellent, much better than I was expecting. He usually plays as his own support act, doing a hits set for whichever of JD/NO isn't that evening's main event, so hopefully you'll be in luck on that front but get there early.
    Sounds good.

Nostalgia For An Age Yet To Come
    Teams
    L.F.C. Kings Lynn Town/Stars
    He was on top form here despite whatever was wrong with him.... Hope you have a blast !

Teams
    Biscuit
    So...my throat still doesn't feel any better than Monday. Last night Mrs. Inca brings home a note from the preschool reading that someone in our twins' class has had strep throat. Neither of the kids felt ill. Seemed strange, but a possible explanation for me. Then this morning the girl tells me that her throat hurts. Great. Off to the doc...her throat culture comes back positive for strep throat, mine comes back...negative. Then the doc looks at us and he basically said "JESUS!" when he looked at my throat. Perhaps the culture was wrong, but at the very least I have tonsilitis, and we're both on antibiotics now. Mrs. Inca has also felt the same, but she hasn't been able to take time off of work to get in to the doctor. Going to try this "virtual clinic" service they have through an app, where you basically Facetime with a doctor or nurse practitioner. Hopefully they just listen to her symptoms, see that two others in the house have an infection, and just give her a prescription without an office visit.

One of my mates is having a clear-out this weekend as she has members of Devo and New Order staying for their Brighton gig. As you do.

:-( Bah. I'm going to get my own popstar lodgers. Ones that sit down to pee.

Teams
    Biscuit
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiled off Main Street View Post
    He was on top form here despite whatever was wrong with him.... Hope you have a blast !
    Thanks. All of the recent videos from Instagram sound great, I'm really looking forward to it, tonsillitis be damned.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi07U0_gCdX/

Biscuit
    Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
    Devo would totally sit down to pee.

That would be to my satisfaction.

I must confess, I'm an impatient cat
    Teams
    Liverpool FC
    Biscuit
    Anything with cheese
    Actor
    Joe 90
    Q: Are We Not Men?

A: We are, yes, but sometimes it's quite nice to sit down to pee. What's your problem anyway?
    Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 16-05-2018 at 21:12.

We are Groot
    Teams
    Salop, Cymru, Devils, Padres
    Biscuit
    Choc and Hazelnut Boasters
    Actor
    Mr Tumble apparently
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes View Post
    There's some stuff you can get which you spread on and it encapsulates the artex including the asbestos so you can remove it safely without sanding.
    Found it. It's called X-tex.
    Cheers Hobbes

We are Groot
    Teams
    Salop, Cymru, Devils, Padres
    Biscuit
    Choc and Hazelnut Boasters
    Actor
    Mr Tumble apparently
    I had a 12 hour work day today with about 8 hours of it spent driving.

I did get to visit a cool collectible toy / model shop though. And saw a burned out car on the hard shoulder of the motorway.

Teams
    Swansea, Gaziantepspor and the Zeugma Franchise
    Biscuit
    Bahlsen Choco Leibniz Dark
    Quote Originally Posted by HORN View Post
    44 years ago today (in fact it was around now, just as we kids were about to leave for school) my dad died of a cardiac arrest. Itís a futile exercise wondering how different life mightíve been had he lived. Anyway, cheers, dad.
    I'm sure he would have been proud of what you've achieved HORN.

You look so good Fantastic man
    Just back from Dublin. It's pretty sound there.

You could've dropped in and said hello

You look so good Fantastic man
    I did. You were out.

Found out I liked Guinness though, which is a bit of a game changer.

Don't worry, it'll soon be over
    Teams
    QPR, Hitchin Town
    Biscuit
    Fig Roll
    Actor
    Klaus Kinski (if he was alive, like)
    Transatlantic man-flu is at it's peak. On my third box of Kleenex already. Plus yellow pills for daytime, blue pills for night-time, sniffer twice a day, neti-pot on the rare occasions I'm not totally congested.

It's the first gift from my new grand-daughter. I'm totally loving it.

They rode over peasants like you
    Teams
    Raith Rovers/Liverpool
    Biscuit
    Abernethies
    Where did you risk the Guinness at EIM? If you believe some aficionados there’s only about three pubs in Dublin worth a shite for the Guinness. But Dublin does excel in miserable oneupmanship bullshit olympics.

Biscuit
    Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
    Quote Originally Posted by Lang Spoon View Post
    But Dublin does excel in miserable oneupmanship bullshit olympics.
    Or so they claim...

"Friend of Mr. T"
    Biscuit
    Jaffa Cakes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
    I didn't go to a GP for a number of decades, then round about the time of the beginning of oldtf, I had to go and see one about a treatment. This meant that I got all sorts of tests etc. and now I'm on medication for high-blood pressure and various other things. It's probably a good thing...
    I see. I'm going to try that on my doctor next time she asks me if I want a colonoscopy.

Teams
    Oldham & Farnborough
    Quote Originally Posted by WOM View Post
    Or so they claim...
    Applause!

I must confess, I'm an impatient cat
    Teams
    Liverpool FC
    Biscuit
    Anything with cheese
    Actor
    Joe 90
    Manchester types! How easy would it be to get from the city centre to the airport at around 3.30am on a Monday morning? Ta in advance.