Page 1184 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 184684108411341174118211831184
Results 29,576 to 29,590 of 29590
    Rug man came and I'm sure he overcharged me, the theme of the fucking week. Probably cheaper to have bought a new one.

(He wasn't early, he was late ... )

Now I can go and get the last of my stuff and have a drink.

We're all allowed to get pissed today, it's Royal Wedding Day.

Bomb squad,army and police turned up across the road about two hours ago,according to one of the neighbours an old military shell was discovered in a back garden when they were digging foundations for an extension,a whole crowd of rubberneckers has turned up to look at the back of a large lorry and a few cops and soldiers standing around,don't know what they're expecting to see

Quote Originally Posted by MsD View Post
    Rug man came
    You've got a wig?

Ha, not yet, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

Don't worry, it'll soon be over
    Teams
    QPR, Hitchin Town
    Biscuit
    Fig Roll
    Actor
    Klaus Kinski (if he was alive, like)
    My transatlantic cold has turned into a bronchial infection again. There’s a stage of this which is quite disturbing. I get wheezy, and the noises I hear from within myself are uncanny. Last night I was woken to sound of a child crying. Being half asleep and pilled up with antihistamines it took me awhile to establish that the sound was coming from within my own diaphragm. I spent, what seemed like half the night but was probably much less, attempting to make the child go away. No matter how I tossed and turned it kept sobbing. Sitting straight up in bed was the only position that worked. Eventually I fell back to sleep that way, but awoke feeling distressed and useless. I hope she/he doesn’t return tonight.

Biscuit
    Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
    Quote Originally Posted by elguapo4 View Post
    Bomb squad,army and police turned up across the road about two hours ago,according to one of the neighbours an old military shell was discovered in a back garden when they were digging foundations for an extension ...
    I got this far and our cat knocked over the bag of groceries that's on the floor beside me. We both jumped as if the shell had exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
    I hope she/he doesn’t return tonight.

Wishing you a calm and restful night, AdC. Having let it slide down the to read pile, I'm about to finally start on Ringolevio. Will I be able to handle the, ahem, truth?

Yes, wishing us all restful nights tonight.

My neighbours have been more audible tonight, but it’s a Saturday night and they’re not above my head, just out in the garden under my bedroom balcony, and adjacent to me.

Don't worry, it'll soon be over
    Teams
    QPR, Hitchin Town
    Biscuit
    Fig Roll
    Actor
    Klaus Kinski (if he was alive, like)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjm View Post
    Wishing you a calm and restful night, AdC. Having let it slide down the to read pile, I'm about to finally start on Ringolevio. Will I be able to handle the, ahem, truth?

Ha! Don't worry. It was the sixties, when there were no truths outside the Gates of Eden.
    Last edited by Amor de Cosmos; Today at 01:08.

A bastion of rightness in a wrong old world.
    Teams
    Liverpool
    Biscuit
    Jaffa Cake
    Saw the Bluetones last night. Despite popular opinion, I think they're great.

Got 15 different iPhones but so ain't phoney
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes View Post
    Saw the Bluetones last night.
    Where did you go?

Teams
    Oxford United
    Biscuit
    Petit Ecolier (milk chocolate)
    I woke up to a massive wave of laziness. I'm going to do almost nothing today and try and assuage my guilt through the medium of eating croissants.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes View Post
    Saw the Bluetones last night.

I went to a live-to-cinemas broadcast of a Charlatans concert on Friday. Despite the slightly odd premise, it was very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
    I woke up to a massive wave of laziness. I'm going to do almost nothing today and try and assuage my guilt through the medium of eating croissants.
    Similar plan here. I ache in every muscle.

I let the cat out for a little explore. Despite having great cat friendly routes available, she managed to get stuck on next door’s roof, and started crying. I had to climb onto a garden table to get her down. I also took a chair upstairs to the terrace. That’s enough exertion for the day. Tesco delivery is coming at six.

We are Groot
    Teams
    Shrewsbury Town, Wales, Cardiff Devils
    Biscuit
    Choc and Hazelnut Boasters
    Actor
    Bradley Cooper voicing Rocket Raccoon
    Quote Originally Posted by caja-dglh View Post
    Where did you go?
    That deserves applause.

Belly are coming to Cardiff in June. Mrs Thistle has had a note up about it for ages. I ought to ask if we're going.