do we have a thread?

up to season 3 now. big, big fan

Breaking Bad

note, I am up to season 3

it finishes at 5

Comment

Breaking Bad

Is it any good Rick?

The trailers have not appealed to me at all.

Comment

Breaking Bad

Just got thru season four last week via Netflix. I love it - brilliant writing, great characters and acting. Takes place in my city of Albuquerque so it is cool to know much of the locations.

We are doing our best to shut out any news, info, SPOILERS re: the current and last 5th season.

I remember some commenting on the board about how it is not exactly a thumbs-up tourist promotional video for Albuquerque, but apparently a couple of guys are operating a tour of the BB locations.

Comment

Breaking Bad

Superb serious, its a mystery why 5 USA or whatever the channel is called stop showing it. I have got the 1st 8 episodes of series 5 ready to watch. I got my eldest lad hooked on it too - he walks round Uni wearing a "Pollos Hermanos" T-Shirt.

Comment

Breaking Bad

it is excellent, the basic premise; walt, 50, high school chemistry teacher diagnosed with lung cancer and cant afford the bills, runs into ex student jesse, late 20's a druggie and loser

together they cook the best crystal meth in NM. walt the cook and jesse selling it

slowly walt become "the king" of the drugs scene and is a ruthless bugger whilst jesse is the one with the heart

excellent

Comment

Breaking Bad

It is by far my favourite TV show. It's just fantastic. I love that I don't really know who the "hero" is, whether I should be cheering for Walt or Skylar or Jesse or Hank (or even Gus). Watched the first half of season 5 as it was broadcast, and it keeps up all the good work. There are a couple of times you wonder about the motivations of the characters, but most of the time it just works brilliantly.

And I absolutely adore the stop-motion scenes of New Mexico skies.

Comment

Breaking Bad

Will trust OTFers judgement and start watching it then.

Comment

Breaking Bad

Pretty sure there was a thread that was active around the time of season 3 or so. Yes it is a great show, though I do kind of miss the dark comedy of the first season, which has been mostly dropped in favour of over-the-top descent-into-evil drama.

Superb serious, its a mystery why 5 USA or whatever the channel is called stop showing it.
                  Apparently it never had a strong viewership in the UK when it was on (not helped, as so often with cult US shows, by ridiculous scheduling). And I imagine Sony are asking for a lot of money now, given all the hype and praise in the US. However, Netflix UK have got the first four seasons and supposedly the fifth (first half, presumably) will be added next month.

Comment

Breaking Bad

How was Season 5 for those of you who've seen it so far? Have to say I'm a mite disappointed. Some of the twists were telegraphed a long way off. Hoping it rallies in the second half...

Comment

Breaking Bad

I love this poster

Comment

Breaking Bad

Tramp The Dirt Down wrote: Superb serious, its a mystery why 5 USA or whatever the channel is called stop showing it. I have got the 1st 8 episodes of series 5 ready to watch. I got my eldest lad hooked on it too - he walks round Uni wearing a "Pollos Hermanos" T-Shirt.
                        There are some fucking great BB T-shirts out there , but the idea of giving one to my 15 year-old (who loves the show) makes me...squeamish, I guess is the word.

Comment

Breaking Bad

Thanks for the link Anton, thats the lad's 21st stocking filler sorted then.

Comment

Breaking Bad

Anton Gramski wrote:
                            There are some fucking great BB T-shirts out there , but the idea of giving one to my 15 year-old (who loves the show) makes me...squeamish, I guess is the word.
                            Totally agree Gramski.

BTW -- the real "Pollos" is a local chain called TWISTERS and their burritos do rock.
                            http://twistersinc.com/locations.php

Comment

Breaking Bad

I could see getting him the Pollos Hermanos T-shirt (it would go with the Bluth Banana stand one I got him last year). And maybe the Pinkman-Heisenberg '12 one. The others...I don't know, there's a line.

Comment

Breaking Bad

After all of these seasons, and this is my blue meth that I keep watching:

The Final Stretch airs Aug 11th.

Comment

Breaking Bad

I liked David Fincher's idea of showing the last two episodes as a double-bill in the cinema. I mean, sure, we've all watched it in our homes/offices/wherever up until now, plus the idea of paying for it may seem a rip-off to some, but it would minimize bean-spillage/blabbermouth fall-out.

I could procure it from the internet, but my laptop is a waste-of-space when it comes to anything but sending emails and running ancient versions of Word.

Comment

Breaking Bad

Comment

Breaking Bad

The best thing about Jason's clip is the Thai subtitling. Genius.

Comment

Breaking Bad

Also, the fact that he doesn't shit himself laughing at any point in the entire 4.08 minutes. I had tears streaming down my face for the last 15 seconds or so.

Comment

Breaking Bad

The best thing about Jason's clip is the Thai subtitling. Genius.

Either
                                          (a) It was the only version that Gale could find, on some weird torrent site.

(b) Gale actually went to Thailand, and got that as part of a package deal at a kareoke bar.

(c) As part of whatever program that allowed him to make that video, he decided to put Thai as the languague because he's Gale.

(d) He can read Thai.

All of the above are Galeishly brilliant.

The most hilarious thing ? The Gale version of that video has over a million views, whilst the Peter Schilling original only has 800,000.

Comment

Breaking Bad

the guardian interview Bryan Cranston

Comment

Breaking Bad

No matter what happens, at least Father and Son will always have a memory to share around a B-B-B-b-B-b-BONFIRE

Comment

Breaking Bad

I'm sure we've all seen this by now, but I still love it.

Comment

Breaking Bad

That is incredibly spooky and dread-inducing.

The hat walks the line of being as awesome and iconish a hat as it gets, but it's something that no normal person could wear for fear of looking like an absolute tool. Like the Crocodile Dundee hat...what asshole got one of those and walked down Broadway without being clowned. I'm saying this because it's for sale. I suppose the statute of limitations is 10 years, so maybe you can put it away for 2023.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X