Football in Hamburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football in Hamburg

I'm somewhat disappointed to report that it appears that FK Nikola Tesla are not the hipster club to end all hipster clubs, but rather a Serbian emigre club without an apparent sense of irony or an appreciation for undersized fedoras.

Schade.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

treibeis wrote: BTW the Sankt Pauli and the 1860 supporters have two very different reputations.

That’s why I could never quite understand the Fanfreundschaft that used to exist between the two clubs (and, quite possibly, still does exist). Must have been the ‘underdog’ thing, I suppose.
      That must have passed me. These days there is a "Fanfreundschaft" between FCSP and Bayern Ultras.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

That must have passed me. These days there is a "Fanfreundschaft" between FCSP and Bayern Ultras.

The Fanfreundschaft between St Pauli and 1860 was alive and kicking when I had a St Pauli season ticket in the early 1990s. I don't know when it started or when/whether it ended.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

treibeis wrote: That must have passed me. These days there is a "Fanfreundschaft" between FCSP and Bayern Ultras.

The Fanfreundschaft between St Pauli and 1860 was alive and kicking when I had a St Pauli season ticket in the early 1990s. I don't know when it started or when/whether it ended.
          There was also a Fanfreundschaft between Cologne and St. Pauli up until the mid 90s...

Comment

Football in Hamburg

I hope that the Pauli ultras are practicing safe freundschaft.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

I couldn't see any St Pauli gear in Munich. Just loads of Bayern and Dortmund.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

bringing this up, we have terrace tics now for st pauli

looking at the links above, the game suggsted v condor is sunday (think st pauli KO at 12 30), which is when st pauli are playing

victoria don't have a game. is there any saturday football this saturday in hamburg?

Comment

Football in Hamburg

Reed John wrote:
                  You know, it's probably easier to buy a St Pauli shirt in central Munich than it is to get an 1860 one.
                  I can assure you that's not true. I have both. Both acquired properly in their proper city.

I like St Pauli and what they stand for. I'm sure that creates some insufferable jackasses but being right about stuff like fascism and sexism and what not will often do that. You take the good with the bad.

I like the whole Pirate motif. I wish the Pittsburgh Pirates would take their lead and become the left-wing club of choice. It would make them useful for something.
                  Of course, what with pirates beng left wing and all. I think the motive for next season is "African warlords".

Comment

Football in Hamburg

victoria don't have a game. is there any saturday football this saturday in hamburg?

Unfortunately, Saturday football in Hamburg's dying on its arse.

There are a couple of fifth-tier games on Saturday, but they're in Meiendorf and Rugenbergen. Meiendorf's about an hour on public transport from the city centre, Rugenbergen's not even in Hamburg.

Similar story in the sixth-tier (Landesliga). Games in Dassendorf, Rahlstedt, Lohbrügge and Poppenbüttel, all of which are a bugger to get to.

The easiest game to get to would be Barmbek-Uhlenhorst reserves against Germania Schnelsen's reserves (Bezirksliga, seventh tier). Twenty minutes on the tube from the main station, then a ten-minute walk.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

Of course, what with pirates beng left wing and all. I think the motive for next season is "African warlords".
                      Next you'll be telling me they don't all run around with cutlasses and eyepatches.

Though I do like the idea of the African warlords motif.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

There was also a Fanfreundschaft between Cologne and St. Pauli up until the mid 90s...
                        What happened to end it? I'll always love St Pauli for losing 5-0 to Köln. Do Köln still maintain a Fanfreundschaft with Cottbus, or is that also finished?

Comment

Football in Hamburg

ˇVéndovos Mareo! wrote: I think the motive for next season is "African warlords".
                          I think St Pauli's plan for next season is the 3. Liga.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

G-Man wrote:
                            What happened to end it? I'll always love St Pauli for losing 5-0 to Köln. Do Köln still maintain a Fanfreundschaft with Cottbus, or is that also finished?
                            St. Pauli turning up in Cologne with their pals from Celtic and singing anti Cologne songs certainly didn't help. Also it's a generation thing and the younger fans weren't around in 1978. What turned it in the other direction was when Colgne ultras were attacked in Hamburg because Pauli supporters thought they were Nazis (which they certainly are not).

Cologne have never had a Fanfreundschaft with Cottbus. If anything a couple a people had some beers together, but there's never been anything worth mentioning.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

rick derris wrote: OK, some may like this, other may not but I fear this may pass the Alanis irony test

we have scored st pauli tickets

st pauli corporate tickets

st pauli corporate tickets that cost 50 euro

so there. is there a dress code?
                              Pah, Magik got me seats next to a Ruch Chorzow legend at their recent game against Belchatow and he took me for a beer at half time. For nowt.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

rick derris wrote:
                                we have scored st pauli tickets

st pauli corporate tickets

st pauli corporate tickets that cost 50 euro
                                Maybe you're in the executive box with the pole dancers?

Comment

Football in Hamburg

St. Pauli turning up in Cologne with their pals from Celtic and singing anti Cologne songs certainly didn't help.
                                  I'd have thought Celtic fans would love Köln for this.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

G-Man,
                                    you need to explain to younger OTFers that Cologne once was a great team with decent players.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

Heh, yeah. Still, since Schalke last won the Meisterschaft, Köln won three.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

G-Man wrote:
                                        St. Pauli turning up in Cologne with their pals from Celtic and singing anti Cologne songs certainly didn't help.
                                        I'd have thought Celtic fans would love Köln for this.
                                        Obviously they have short memories...

Comment

Football in Hamburg

bloody superb

just back, will post more soon

I feel like somebody just discovering the wire for the first time years after all have been raving about it. this is more bundesliga than just st pauli

Comment

Football in Hamburg

BTW, swafuk thanks for that link. excellent

so what is the argument against st pauli? they not a proper football club as their merchandise sales is greater than their standings?

I had a superb time at the ground and its been a long time since I encountered such fervent positive support for a team. I accept having watched cardiff city for most of this time, then its not hard to beat that.

I will be back

Comment

Football in Hamburg

They don't even control their merchandising. They sold it off years ago when they were in financial strife.

I love St Pauli the area, and I love Hamburg the city. Brilliant place full of brilliant people, and really shit bars that I love.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

Rick, I trust you surveyed the Reeperbahn, and enjoyed the Beatles section of it. But most importantly, I hope you found the place with the best photo opportunity: the doors to Zur Ritze.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

I did survey, but as a non drinking vegetarian who wouldn't go into a sex show if pulled by wild dogs, I hardly think I am targeted clientle

I went for a 12 mile run, 7ish on the sunday, included the reeperbahn. tried to find the beatles sq, but as the floor was covered in broken glass ,miniature bottles and stumbling drunks I didn't find it.

those doors, I vaguely recall an edition of kerrang when I was 15 with ritchie blackmore standing in front of them. I didn't see them when I was there.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

Rick, I trust you surveyed the Reeperbahn, and enjoyed the Beatles section of it.

I'm a bit of a Beatles-phobe anyway but, even if I weren't, I think I'd find the Beatles section a bit of a damp squib, particularly Beatle Square. It's about the size of a six-yard box and half the song titles on the gold circle have got spelling mistakes in them (or at least they used to have).

It's quite amusing when people a bit older than me start talking about The Beatles, though. Every single person over 60 who was born within 200 kilometres of Hamburg claims to have seen The Beatles live.

These are the same people who've spent at least one evening drinking whisky with Udo Lindenberg or playing cards with Uwe Seeler or getting a hand job off Heidi Kabel. Or possibly all three, at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X