Football in Hamburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football in Hamburg

In an effort to get over the Cardiff City rebrand, a few friends and I are off to Hamburg. The idea was to watch St Pauli, but it appears tickets are harder to get than anticipated due to ground works

we are off on the 27th of this month, St Pauli at home. my question (unless anybody knows how we can get st Pauli tickets) is what is the best other option in hamburg that weekend in terms of lower division football. I have found a list of other teams but hard to find the fixtures. any recommendations?

Football in Hamburg

I don't have any knowledge of Hamburg football at all, but there's no Hamburg-based team in the third division.

If you go to the Regionalliga Nord, both HSV and St Pauli's reserve squads are an option, but a better option would probably be SC Victoria Hamburg. But their only home fixture is 24/10.

Fixtures are here: http://www.fussballdaten.de/regionalliga/

Comment

Football in Hamburg

Might be worth also looking at the other local(ish) teams — Luebeck and Kiel for example.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

Rick about 18 months ago we found ourselves in the same position of not being able to get St Pauli tickets. We went to see Altona 93 instead - I don't know much about them but we had an entertaining time

Comment

Football in Hamburg

And they're at home on 28/10 to the delightfully named SC Condor.

I think the only other option would be HSV II vs VfB Lübeck, also on the 28th. I'd take the first option personally.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

I'm certain treibeis will come to the rescue.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

How many of you are going? One of my mates is in Ultras St Pauli and has helped us out with tickets in the past.

SC Victoria Hamburg's ground is amazing. Their clubhouse is one of the very best in football, I reckon. Proper nice people an all.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

Proper ticket "office" here:

And some proper football cartooning here:

Comment

Football in Hamburg

there are 5 of us going eric

thanks everybody else, esp stumpy

Comment

Football in Hamburg

I did a guide for FourFourTwo on Hamburg.

http://fourfourtwo.com/travel/city/hamburg/default.aspx

It's such a wonderful place, but I fear a few British football wallies are going and polluting the good name of, shall we say, the WSC reading types.

The Fanladen will sort you out, drop them an email. They will be helpful as long as they think you're alright.

20 tickets for lads on a stag will be rejected.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

I spoke to my mate. He said that there's a long list of people waiting on extras from his lot and that the Fanladen are your best bet. I think they sorted out our tickets for the Bayern Munich game. We just mentioned we were FC United and they threw tickets at us, bless them.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

I'm virtually certain that a gaggle of anti-rebrand Cardiff fans in exile/mourning would be treated similarly.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

My advice would be to go and watch Bayern Munich, they've got really good players like Arjen Robben

Comment

Football in Hamburg

Admittedly it's quite a long way.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

check out the kicker matchkalendar
                              http://www.kicker.de/news/live-news/matchkalender/matchkalender.html

meiendorfer are playing at home and HSV 2 v Lubeck could be worth a call, but don't expect a riproaring atmosphere in either of those.

St Pauli v Dresden could be a interesting event but St Pauli are all very well if you want to make a statement but they aren't really a football club, if you know what i mean?

Edit: just to add, Altona93 v Condor would be good fun, I have been a couple of times to Altona93 and they have a nice old covered terrace along the side. a word of warning, i've never been there at anything warmer than about -2 degrees C. take a warm coat!

Comment

Football in Hamburg

I'm with SC's post above. Is there a more insufferably self-righteous club than St Pauli?

The way they're playing this season, I'll be having to put up with them in the 3. Liga next season. Not sure who's worse -- them or Hansa Rostock.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

St. Pauli? Isn't that the fashion label with the skull and crossbones?

Comment

Football in Hamburg

J.Reece wrote: St. Pauli? Isn't that the fashion label with the skull and crossbones?
                                    You know, it's probably easier to buy a St Pauli shirt in central Munich than it is to get an 1860 one.

Although St Pauli hilariously appointed Michael Frontzeck as coach the other day, so relegation's a nailed-on certainty now. It's the German equivalent of appointing Glenn Roeder or Alan Ball.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
                                      Originally posted by J.Reece
                                      St. Pauli? Isn't that the fashion label with the skull and crossbones?
                                      You know, it's probably easier to buy a St Pauli shirt in central Munich than it is to get an 1860 one.

Although St Pauli hilariously appointed Michael Frontzeck as coach the other day, so relegation's a nailed-on certainty now. It's the German equivalent of appointing Glenn Roeder or Alan Ball.
                                      They seem to be making a point of having managers without hair...

Comment

Football in Hamburg

OK, some may like this, other may not but I fear this may pass the Alanis irony test

we have scored st pauli tickets

st pauli corporate tickets

st pauli corporate tickets that cost 50 euro

so there. is there a dress code?

Comment

Football in Hamburg

I can assure you that's not true. I have both. Both acquired properly in their proper city.

I like St Pauli and what they stand for. I'm sure that creates some insufferable jackasses but being right about stuff like fascism and sexism and what not will often do that. You take the good with the bad.

I like the whole Pirate motif. I wish the Pittsburgh Pirates would take their lead and become the left-wing club of choice. It would make them useful for something.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

rick derris wrote: OK, some may like this, other may not but I fear this may pass the Alanis irony test

we have scored st pauli tickets

st pauli corporate tickets

st pauli corporate tickets that cost 50 euro

so there. is there a dress code?
                                            Just as hipster as possible...

Comment

Football in Hamburg

Reed John wrote:
                                              I can assure you that's not true. I have both. Both acquired properly in their proper city.

I like St Pauli and what they stand for. I'm sure that creates some insufferable jackasses but being right about stuff like fascism and sexism and what not will often do that. You take the good with the bad.
                                              I'm also pretty sure that you wouldn't have a problem getting an 1860 shirt in Munich.

I also like what Sankt Pauli stand for. The thing what I don't like about them (and this might well make me sound like a twat) is that being a Sankt Pauli supporter is more often than not a lifestyle choice. There's a reason why a shit club from the Hamburg docks sells more merch than any other German club except Bayern and it's not football.

BTW the Sankt Pauli and the 1860 supporters have two very different reputations. 1860 has a fair amount of right wing fans and was the Nazis club of choice. The leftist choice in Munich has to be Bayern. They have antifascist Ultras and were hated by the Nazis for being cosmopolitan and having a jewish president.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

I never claimed getting an 1860 shirt in Munich was difficult. My point was, if you go to one of the two big sports shops on Kaufingerstraße in Munich — once you've fought through all the inevitable FC Bayern guff — the next most prominent thing you'll see is a St Pauli shirt.

Walking around in St Pauli merchandise is all about lifestyle and nothing about football. Like 16-year-old girls wearing Ramones t-shirts, or Rio Ferdinand walking around in a Che Guevara baseball cap.

I'm sure that creates some insufferable jackasses but being right about stuff like fascism and sexism and what not will often do that.
                                                I suppose we'll have to ignore the St Pauli executive boxes with the pole dancers.

Comment

Football in Hamburg

BTW the Sankt Pauli and the 1860 supporters have two very different reputations.

That’s why I could never quite understand the Fanfreundschaft that used to exist between the two clubs (and, quite possibly, still does exist). Must have been the ‘underdog’ thing, I suppose.

And they're at home on 28/10 to the delightfully named SC Condor.

I think the only other option would be HSV II vs VfB Lübeck, also on the 28th. I'd take the first option personally.

On 28th October, it would be possible to watch Teutonia 05 against TuS Osdorf (Landesliga, 10:45 hrs. kick off), hang around for the first half of Teutonia 05 reserves against FK Nikola Tesla (Kreisliga, 12:45 hrs. kick off) and then scurry off to Altona 93 against SC Condor (Oberliga, 14:00 hrs. kick off). You can walk from Teutonia’s ground to Altona’s ground in about 10 minutes.

Why on earth anybody would want to do something like that is beyond me (although not far enough beyond me to have prevented me from doing it on more than one occasion), but it’s excellent value for money. Two and a half games for about 10 euros.

If you attend the Teutonia game, I’m the lanky bloke with the leather jacket and the shocking haircut, standing on the terrace next to the main road.

SC Victoria Hamburg's ground is amazing. Their clubhouse is one of the very best in football, I reckon. Proper nice people an all.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I don’t like Victoria at all. They used to have a signing-on policy similar to the one employed by Bayern Munich a few years ago, i.e. luring good local talent away from their immediate rivals and then not putting them in the team, with the sole purpose of weakening the opposition. Maybe this is acceptable practice at top levels, but it’s not really on at the fifth tier.

And while Victoria’s clubhouse is indeed quite pleasant, SV Curslack-Neuengamme’s is better because it’s got one of these in the toilets.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X