No announcement yet.

Visca Catalunya?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spanish Govt to shut down airspace over BCN so media can’t get aerial pictures of the crowds at polling stations. Maybe they haven’t heard of drones.

Petty lisping cunts.

Comment

Given the source, this hardly seems a reliable barometer of Catalan opinion, but worth a sceptical read anyway:

http://www.thenational.scot/news/155..._Catalan_poll/

Comment

Visca Catalunya lliure!

Comment

Welcome back TonTon, great to see you back.

Comment

I popped in to see if there was owt about this here. The internet is pretty thin on this subject, for us as don't speak Catalan or Castilian.

Comment

Welcome, TonTon! Plenty Guardian articles on it over the last fortnight.

Comment

Plenty of really thin ones, I guess, yeah.

This, from New Internationalist about the CUP, was worth a read:

https://newint.org/features/web-excl.../09/29/the-cup

Comment

Charming demonstrations in Madrid:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CatalanVo...19963518099456

Comment

A Catalan friend said the Colm Toibin piece in the Guardian today? Yesterday? was pretty much spot on.

The Madrid government's heavy handed response is surely turning people to independence

Comment

Here's the Tóibín piece I was going to post it anyway. It matches very much what i've heard. The Right wing in Madrid have managed to inspire the Opera goers and Conservatives of Catalonia. As if Boris Johnson and Theresa May sent the Met to try and stop the Scottish Referendum

Comment

Euronews reporting that half the polling stations have been sealed off.

Comment

Bastards.

Comment

Voting has begun now - looking at Twitter, several videos of riot police entering polling stations. Catalan Government saying it's a universal registry, so if one station is shut, people can move to the neatest open one.

Comment

Twitter is awash with videos of riot police clashing with peaceful and elderly protestors - whatever your views on this referendum, it's not a good look for the central government in Madrid

Comment

Neatest?

Do they award a special prize and invite the mayor along?

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge Porbillas View Post
                                  Twitter is awash with videos of riot police clashing with peaceful and elderly protestors - whatever your views on this referendum, it's not a good look for the central government in Madrid
                                  It's the sort of response more akin to a dictatorship putting down protests. Surely the Spanish authorities would have come out of it looking a lot better had they just let it happen whilst confirming their stance from the start that they did not recognise the referendum. Whatever the result now there will always be the belief that it has been skewed by state intervention and oppressive violence.

Comment

Exactly. If you are frightened of the ballot box, you have already lost ... I look forward to seeing ballots in Bilbo next

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge Porbillas View Post
                                      Exactly. If you are frightened of the ballot box, you have already lost ... I look forward to seeing ballots in Bilbo next
                                      I think the Shire will vote overwhelmingly in favour of remaining part of Middle Earth.

Comment

I prefer, like the vast majority of the city's residents, to use the Euskara name.

Comment

The Deputy Mayor of Barcelona has just posted a video on Twitter of Guardia Civil firing rubber bullets at a crowd of people wanting to vote. Democracy?

Comment

At, or into the air or something?

Also, I notice Barcelona are at home today.

Comment

And, in a slight irony, Espanyol are at Real Madrid.

Comment

What a bunch of fascist morons the Spanish government are turning out to be.

Comment

Las Palmas have added a Spanish flag to their kit for this afternoon's match in celebration of the "unity of Spain"

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                    Las Palmas have added a Spanish flag to their kit for this afternoon's match in celebration of the "unity of Spain"
                                                    At best, blatant trolling.
                                                    At worst, incitement to riot.
                                                    Dickheads.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X