No, the South of Ireland are still crap really

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For four years I have been subjected to Whelan-Andrews.

Comment

tratorello wrote:
      Originally posted by Furtho
      I was thinking that, Belhaven. Italy and Spain drew, Italy have a worse goal difference but are top of the group. Huh?
      Goals scored (discounting the games against Ireland).
      Yes, of course. That draws thing can equally work in Italy's favour.

Comment

Mm, of course.

Comment

Elano Tele Romeu Ramires wrote: Agree with those saying that the Ramos tackle was a penalty.
          I think Ramos played the ball first and Mandzukic kicked Ramos's foot.

Comment

Why does De Rossi always wear that bandage on his right hand?

Comment

so I guess Spain would be ahead of croatia on the basis of overall GD, right? we're looking at a probable France-Spain QF if things stand in gp C...

Comment

Mrs F nailing the description of Alan Pardew's skin tone: terracotta.

Comment

BBC3 explanation was good, albeit that I couldn't repeat it here, but as I understand it, if Croatia win it's Spain and Ireland going home from the group.

Comment

Spain to outchoke Ireland?

Comment

Spain seem oddly flat to me somehow...

Also, Ireland are wearing black armbands, why?

Comment

Ramos certainly took the ball, I am not sure if he caught Mandzukic on the follow through or if the Croat kicked his foot. I would like to see it some more but I did not think penalty to be honest.

Why is Given even playing? Why not give the second choice a run-out for a meaningless game, he's hardly going to do any worse is he.

Comment

If Ireland defend any deeper they'll be in their own goal.

Comment

dalliance wrote: Why is Given even playing? Why not give the second choice a run-out for a meaningless game, he's hardly going to do any worse is he.
                            Shay Given should retire before he makes some kind of huge mistake.

It pains me to say that because he is easily the greatest keeper we ever had and for 15 years he was a super hero.

But we don't really have a replacement either. Westwood is a bench warmer at Sunderland.

Comment

" Why is Given even playing? Why not give the second choice a run-out for a meaningless game, he's hardly going to do any worse is he"

Got to hope Lambert is watching. Makes releasing Guzan seem like a rash decision over in B6...

Comment

MarkF wrote: Spain seem oddly flat to me somehow...

Also, Ireland are wearing black armbands, why?
                                Commemorating people killed watching them the last time they played Italy.

Comment

Even now he makes a save and palms it away. Two years ago he would have caught it no problem.

Comment

Croatia really should've scored there.

Comment

Rakitic misses a fantastic chance to put Croatia ahead after great play by Modric.

Comment

Torres subbed.

Comment

That was Croatia's big chance there wasn't it.

Navas for Torres is an odd change, more width but no-one at centre forward to try and get on to the end of it.

Comment

Why has Llorente not played any minutes yet. He's the best fit striker they have.

Comment

Of the games I've seen in this tournament, which is most of them, Spain-Croatia is the worst yet by some distance. It's painful viewing.

Comment

Long on for McGeady.

Ireland now playing something resembling 4-3-3.

Comment

Assuming Spain get through I cannot see anyone beating them, I can see a disciplined team qualifying at their expense though if they can keep their nerve in a penalty shoot out.

Comment

Bilic throws on two subs, including Jelavic.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X