No, the South of Ireland are still crap really

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sergio Ramos lucky not to give away a penalty.

Comment

Ref in the Ireland game is calling fouls for every tussle in the area from a set piece, real or imaginary.

Comment

Haha Balzaretti booked for a rugby tackle. The irony is that he failed anyway.

Comment

That should've been a penalty to Croatia, surely?

Comment

It was just outside, but def a card and a free kick.

Comment

St. Ledger was always a decent defender for Ireland, but playing at this level is really starting to show why he is in the Championship.

Comment

Belhaven wrote: It was just outside, but def a card and a free kick.
                Ramos was inside the penalty area, not really sure how the foul could be outside.

Comment

the irish run pretty hard in the first 20min, they may pay for that in the 2nd half. at least they haven conceded an early goal.

Comment

I thought he was just outside when he hit the Croat, but maybe I was wrong.

Comment

What a crock.

Comment

Clearly inside. Certainly a yellow- possibly a red.

Comment

did the 4th/5th ref signal goal?

Comment

Clearly inside. Certainly a yellow- at least

Comment

Goal for Italy. Have to say with respect to the Irish posters here, I do hope Italy go through.

Comment

Belhaven wrote: I thought he was just outside when he hit the Croat, but maybe I was wrong.
                                Having the benefit of Sky+, I think he was just inside the area, parallel to the line, it was a matter of an inch or so but IMHO should've been a penalty.

Comment

As I type, Italy are apparently top of the group after that goal, but I can't really sort out why.

Comment

I was thinking that, Belhaven. Italy and Spain drew, Italy have a worse goal difference but are top of the group. Huh?

Comment

Goal difference I think Belhaven.

Comment

It seems like Robbie Keane has just given up and is going to stand offside for the rest of the game.

Comment

They have a better goals scored in the head to head matches. Thats why 2-2 in spain croatia means they go out.

Comment

Furtho wrote: I was thinking that, Belhaven. Italy and Spain drew, Italy have a worse goal difference but are top of the group. Huh?
                                            Goals scored (discounting the games against Ireland).

Comment

Ireland were doing fine. Captain Duff was keeping possession all by himself. And then he eventually had to pass it to one of those clowns he has as team mates, I think it was Whelan, and that clown passed it straight to an Italian. Italy nearly scored from the resulting attack. Eventually they shot from distance and the now too old Shay Given did a "Packie Bonner" but lucky for him it went out for a corner. But Italy scored off the resulting corner.

Respect the players who brought us to this tournament Trap says. How about respecting the fans who pay your fucking wages.

Comment

Agree with those saying that the Ramos tackle was a penalty.

Comment

this looks like the american tie-breaker system, italy would be ahead on the basis of goal scored in their games against Spain and Croatia, they have two 1-1 ties vs a 1-1 and 0-0 tie for the latter two countries.

Comment

this also explains why Spain and Croatia could wrap it up by tying 2-2.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X