Current Kindle bargains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Kindle bargains

Blimey. If you don't want one, then fine, but that level of hatred really seems to be taking it a bit far.

Comment

Current Kindle bargains

Sam wrote: Blimey. If you don't want one, then fine, but that level of hatred really seems to be taking it a bit far.
      Ah, that's the beauty of blogs and discussion forums.

You start a thread on a single, unambiguous topic and people wade in with their unasked-for opinions on a different topic. Y'know, like I give a shit what you think of Kindles.

Comment

Current Kindle bargains

Give him a break - it was hardly "hatred", just an easily understandable anti-Kindle polemic. I've got one because it's handy for some work research occasionally, but I'm not coping well with the idea that books and book shops will eventually go the way of records and CDs.

Comment

Current Kindle bargains

Well, in that case, start a thread called 'The death of bookshops' or 'The Kindle is evil' and stop cluttering up this one.

Comment

Current Kindle bargains

Yes, because internet message board threads never veer off topic, do they?

Comment

Current Kindle bargains

As a worker of the newly merged Penguin Random House, I will encourage all of you to buy physical books. If only to keep me in a job. David Jason's new autobiography is good and one of our titles. Unlike Jordan's 69 autobiographies, it's his whole life story, in one book.

Comment

Current Kindle bargains

Unlike Jordan's 69 autobiographies
                You'll give her an idea, if you're not careful: a themed autobiog, focussing exclusively on all the 69s she's had

Comment

Current Kindle bargains

Ah, that brings back happy memories of long, hot summer evenings when I was a kid, the ice-cream van came round and we all rushed out for a 69.

Hang on...

Comment

Current Kindle bargains

Dennis Bergkamp's autobiography is currently on sale for 49p.

Comment

There are 18 Penguin Modern Classics on sale for today only on amazon.co.uk for 99p each.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/browse.h...ode=4725112031
                      Last edited by Ek weet nie; 12-08-2018, 07:02.

Comment

Ah balls, I saw that a few hours too late.

Comment

Damn, wish I had seen that also. Though I don't know if I can buy things from the .co.uk Kindle store.

The Millions' twitter feed (https://twitter.com/the_millions?lang=en) usually has one good deal a day. And if you set up a Goodreads account, it can let you know when something on your want-to-read list or similar books to what you've read are on sale.

Comment

You won't be able to, Inca, as their digital rights management stuff doesn't allow them to sell ebooks from one domain to users who live within the Amazon jurisdiction of another (i.e. as you're in the States you've got to use .com, whether you like it or not). How much this gets enforced in practice I don't know, because I've never had any problems with it since moving here even though anywhere in the world that doesn't have its own country-specific Amazon domain is meant to the use the US site, but that might be because my account was pre-existing. It might also not apply to the same extent any more because for physical goods Amazon UK now delivers some stuff to Argentina, although Argentine customs are wanky enough that I'm not confident enough to have tried getting anything delivered myself.

Comment

Working...
                            X