• Show
Clear All

Eurovision 2012

David Agnew wrote:
    John Terry's changing into Sweden kit
    Good work, sir!

Comment

Eurovision 2012

Trivia: Germany has 9 neighbouring countries, but only two participated tonight.

Comment

Eurovision 2012

Supernanny announcing the Swedish vote.

Comment

Eurovision 2012

Does that Swedish woman have a ridiculous cockney accent or is it just my ears?

Comment

Eurovision 2012

That Swedish jury woman must have learnt her English from the same hellish exchange family as Lena.

Comment

Eurovision 2012

Where are we? Rock bottom.

Comment

Eurovision 2012

Fussbydgoszcz wrote:
                Does that Swedish woman have a ridiculous cockney accent or is it just my ears?
                That thing was a gag. She's a singer who doesn't talk like that at all. She even put on those bloody glasses for the joke.

Comment

Eurovision 2012

Alderman Barszcz wrote:
                  That Swedish jury woman must have learnt her English from the same hellish exchange family as Lena.
                  She's half-american, half-swedish

Comment

Eurovision 2012

David Agnew wrote:
                    Where are we? Rock bottom.
                    It's because all the fucking continentals hate us and the Eastern Europeans all vote for each other, innit?

Comment

Eurovision 2012

Notice that Estonia and Latvia have given the UK some points, if only through votes from the "stag parties are our bread and butter" bar and brothel owners of Tallinn and Riga....

Comment

Eurovision 2012

Come on Norway! That's all there's left to get excited about.

Comment

Eurovision 2012

Italy still haven't forgotten the 1-1 Swe-Den draw

Comment

Eurovision 2012

So the hive mind performs as well as in the past then.

Comment

Eurovision 2012

I did really like Norway, I'm a bit distressed by how badly they're doing. Sweden did really well last year with a song that was basically the same as Norway's present effort except slightly less good.

Comment

Eurovision 2012

Sweden have won mathematically/arithmetically now, no?

Comment

Eurovision 2012

Are people in Europe mental?

Comment

Eurovision 2012

Ooh, Anke Engelke gives Azerbaijan an ever-so-subtle bollocking.

Comment

Eurovision 2012

Yes, they won a while ago I think.

Comment

Eurovision 2012

She looks like she's on opium

Comment

Eurovision 2012

here comes that fucking flapping again

Comment

Eurovision 2012

I seriously think you'll have to send One Direction next year, they'd get the gay vote if nothing else. As for us, we jump back and forth between earnest ballad and wacky novelty to little effect - could Johnny Logan have won if he was performing in the modern competition?

Comment

Eurovision 2012

I think you'll find it was 2 - 2, as that was the only score that ensured both teams progressed at Italy's expense. I was at the game. Great fun for all concerned. I remember a banner that read, '2 - 2 and the spaghettis go home.'

Comment

Eurovision 2012

The Swedes really take all this shit seriously. The Swedish pre-selection show for Eurovision goes on for months and the national semi-final and final is a massive gala held in a stadium. Tickets sell out almost instantly and people come from all over Sweden to Stockholm to watch it. It has been the most watched programme on Swedish TV for the last 12 years.

Last night you'd think they'd won the fucking world cup they way they were going on.

Then I was at one of those horrific Spotify house parties and after listening to hours of shit music, somebody asked me to put on a song. I put on T. Rex and got dirty looks from everyone. They turned it off after 15 seconds and put on Lady Guetta or something or another.

If people can't dance to 20th Century Boy then something is wrong with them.

I'm old now.

Comment

Eurovision 2012

Diable Rouge wrote:
                                                  I seriously think you'll have to send One Direction next year, they'd get the gay vote if nothing else. As for us, we jump back and forth between earnest ballad and wacky novelty to little effect - could Johnny Logan have won if he was performing in the modern competition?
                                                  Waterloo wouldn't win either.

What you need is a good dose of pro-tools.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X