• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice and tidy FF.

Comment

Last edited by hobbes; 23-09-2018, 08:55. Reason: Wrong thread

Comment

FF: from that picture, and in relation to all the stories we hear about NY apartments, your kitchen is HUGE!

Comment

Bored mentions the side/main lights preferences in his house. We have that too. I’m all for dimmer mood lighting leaving areas of shadow, whilst the missus whacks on all the bright ceiling lights. Like the turn-it-up, turn-it-down winter heating dial game, it’s not exactly a divorcing issue, but a mundane bone of contention nonetheless.

Comment

The gender reverse there is interesting. I assumed that side lights were a female preference in the same way as cushions on a bed are.

FF's hob looks like a lonely Midwest petrol station at night (or would do if the morgue light wasn't on.

Comment

Edward Hopper would regularly paint FF’s gaff were he still with us.

I’m with Slackster on side lighting. I would be somewhat surprised if it was gendered.

Comment

See what I mean about it looking like a spaceship when it's on high?

Gero, kitchens are a little bigger on this side of the river, but that photo is showing about one-third of mine. It's not a huge kitchen.

Comment

Also, I do love Hopper's work. I think the retro mid-70s look is what drew me to this apartment. All of the others I looked at had been redone with modern finishes. I like the white. The ceramic floor tiles look discolored in that photo, but they are white too.

Comment

It does look nice, and uncluttered.

Comment

That's an old photo. It doesn't look that way right now.

Comment

Dunking. It kind of disgusts me, though I know I have no real rational explanation for this prejudice. When I see people doing it I have to turn my head and believe me I am not at all usually squirmish when it comes to food intake.

I suppose I prefer my tea or coffee wet without bits of biscuit crumbs floating about in it; and I prefer my biscuits dry and not horribly soggy.

Comment

I thought this was about basketball

Comment

[QUOTE=Tramp The Dirt Down;797948]

Mums pushing buggies showing off their arse antlers combined with their babies who have had their ears pierced.

/QUOTE]

Practically every new-born Spanish female baby gets its ear pierced as a matter of tradition.

Comment

Is that done in the hospital?

The suspense as to ursus minor's sex would have been preserved for a few more hours if resident had given me a consent form that covered circumcision and ear piercing . . .

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                Is that done in the hospital?

The suspense as to ursus minor's sex would have been preserved for a few more hours if resident had given me a consent form that covered circumcision and ear piercing . . .

I think so.

Comment

As an aside, it's very very rare for the sex of a Spanish baby not to be known by the parents before birth. People want to know. I wonder if there are any stats for various nationalities as to whether they know the gender of their kids beforehand. I could make it my mission to find this out this evening if it weren't for a couple of football matches I want to see on the box.

Comment

I wonder if those in Girona attach yellow ribbons at no extra charge . . .

It’s increasingly rare in New York. Even 20 years ago, people thought we weird in that respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                      As an aside, it's very very rare for the sex of a Spanish baby not to be known by the parents before birth. People want to know. I wonder if there are any stats for various nationalities as to whether they know the gender of their kids beforehand. I could make it my mission to find this out this evening if it weren't for a couple of football matches I want to see on the box.
                                      I relented. Research is scant but there is this:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...the-babys-sex/

Comment

What is up with those "gender reveal" parties? It's weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
                                          What is up with those "gender reveal" parties? It's weird.
                                          Not common in my neck of the woods. What goes on there?

Comment

Interesting.

As an older white Catholic married couple, we were in the group with the lowest figures for each measure.

Comment

Gender reveal parties are just the latest creation of the baby industrial complex.

Yet another way to separate expectant parents from their money while enhancing their sense of inadequacy.

Comment

Sporting: https://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my...-reveal-party/

Comment

Don't they get something back through baby showers?

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post

A bakery was told what sex our future child would be, and filled cupcakes with colored frosting to match: pink for a girl, blue for a boy. As I prepared to take a bite of the cupcake and learn (as well as reveal) the gender of our second baby, I was happy that my friends and family were there to experience the anticipation with me. It was such a joy to show off the pink frosting—it's going to be a girl!

Pink stinks for guys, hey!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X